Specialty Restaurant - first night

malakie

Looking into going on the Reflection, this will be our first Celebrity Cruise. RCCL offer's buy one get one free to Diamond Plus in a specialty restaurant the first night and we will be able to be Elite Members on Celebrity. Does anyone know if Celebrity offer's any discount the first night in a specialty restaurant? We are looking at the Tuscan.

Specialty Restaurant Deals... Appear to be managed directly by the ship... And are based on Reservations on file & demand.

So the short answer is YES there are Deals

Knowing when they will happen is hard to predict

If you are celebrating a Special Occasion, or fussy about day & time, then it might be best to just bite the bullet & book ahead of time (full price)

If you are flexible...

Make inquiries about availability once you are onboard

Or watch Celebrity Today / Your Cabin Mail / and for events where Sales Tables are set up for Special Events / Sales

Hope this helps (somewhat)

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

On most of my recent cruises, there was a discount offered on the first night - generally 25-30%. As said, it varies by ship and by how the bookings are going - if bookings are slow discounts pop up here and there. It is very rare to see a 50% off, and I have never personally seen a BOGO on a Celebrity ship. It never hurts to stop by after a day or two and talk to the restaurant's maître d' personally to see if they are going to have any offers.

On our last cruise on the Silhouette ( admittedly 10 months ago now), we were offered 50% off in the specialty restaurants on the first night because we were in Aqua Class. It was quite common at that time, and we were more or less expecting this offer and planned to take advantage of it. There was a card in our cabin stating this offer, but by the time the cabins were ready we had already made our reservation. As soon as we boarded we came across the desk that was set up to make specialty restaurant reservations. We confirmed the half off offer but wanted to discuss which restaurant to dine at. We found the Sunset Bar to be the best place for this discussion, and we were approached there, too. By that time we had come to a decision, so made our reservation at that time.

I'll be on Reflection in 2 weeks, also in Aqua Class, so hope to have the same offer. I'm one of those who will not even consider the specialty restaurants at the current prices (they have doubled since our first Celebrity cruise in 2010), so it takes 50% off to even tempt me.

if bookings are slow discounts pop up here and there. It is very rare to see a 50% off, and I have never personally seen a BOGO on a Celebrity ship. It never hurts to stop by after a day or two and talk to the restaurant's maître d' personally to see if they are going to have any offers.

On our Eclipse Canary Islands cruise last year, I got 50% off for eight people and quickly got 3 other couples to join us. This was on the first night in the Qsine.

I got an email that Specialty restaurants were 20% off the first night. I made a reservation for the first night of our February cruise and was charged full price on-line. There was no code given for the discount. Does anyone know anything about this? Should I have waited to book on-board and take the change that the time and restaurant we wanted would not be available?