Transfer to TA?

satchiesmom

Whew! Been watching too much 35 56 :D

pcc2.png

Huh? I'm just a Banker ;).

Thanks Cle. As always you're all over it.

As to the online TA question: too many instances of some online TA's falling off the face of the earth after initial booking. I'm into hassle free and don't go chasing OBC. Not worth it to me.

Edited by blindrid

Since this thread has resurfaced, I have another question. ;)

I know that a Celebrity Future Cruises booking or a direct Celebrity booking cannot be transferred after a certain number of days, but can a booking be cancelled with Celebrity and then rebooked with a TA?

I know that a Celebrity Future Cruises booking or a direct Celebrity booking cannot be transferred after a certain number of days, but can a booking be cancelled with Celebrity and then rebooked with a TA?

Yes, we have done this but not after final payment date.

No...it's before final payment. My stateroom category is $200 less on two TA website, yet it is more on Celebrity's. The perks we have are the same since they all come from Celebrity, and I could possibly receive another perk from the TA.

I still don't understand how the TA can offer the stateroom for less than Celebrity. I really do not want to switch from Celebrity and lose my control of the booking, but that's a lot of money we can save! I wish Celebrity would price match. :(

No...it's before final payment. My stateroom category is $200 less on two TA website, yet it is more on Celebrity's. The perks we have are the same since they all come from Celebrity, and I could possibly receive another perk from the TA.

I still don't understand how the TA can offer the stateroom for less than Celebrity. I really do not want to switch from Celebrity and lose my control of the booking, but that's a lot of money we can save! I wish Celebrity would price match. :(

TA may have booked and committed to a block of group cabins and is passing the discount along. Could also be a glitch on X website, may be worth calling X about it. Glitches are especially common when doing solo traveler cabins from a discounted promotional rate for example.

With how bad the X website is, why would you WANT to rely on it and pay more for the pleasure?!?! Make that someone else's problem.

Edited by cle-guy

They likely grabbed group space at a certain rate - just make sure that you wont lose the perks if they go to that pricing. 123 isn't usually combinable with GROUPX rates. So double check before canceling with X. :-)

You can't cancel a FCC or you lose its value. You have to keep its "reservation number" alive. What you can do is change it to a future sailing, and then book a new reservation as you wish straight out. I have a reservation I've been "parking" like this for a couple months till I can determine exactly what cruise I want, from that includes some perks X gave me due to a canceled cruise I was booked on..

They likely grabbed group space at a certain rate - just make sure that you wont lose the perks if they go to that pricing. 123 isn't usually combinable with GROUPX rates. So double check before canceling with X. :-)

I will, although they advertise the 123Go Inclusive along with the rate.

You can't cancel a FCC or you lose its value. You have to keep its "reservation number" alive. What you can do is change it to a future sailing, and then book a new reservation as you wish straight out. I have a reservation I've been "parking" like this for a couple months till I can determine exactly what cruise I want, from that includes some perks X gave me due to a canceled cruise I was booked on..

It's not a FCC, I was only using that as an example. We did book the original cruise while onboard a RCCL ship. Receive no incentive of OBC. The only thing we received was the Classic Beverage package, which I traded for the 123Go Inclusive last week. :D Had to pay higher for the stateroom, though. If I can get the stateroom for $200 less, I would feel so much better.

I believe that I will call Celebrity. One never knows what they might say...especially if I tell them that I am cancelling to get a better rate. Of course, I would not cancel until talking with the other TA and confirming a reservation (with perks). Thanks!