Cruise pricing

GOIN2C

I got on online booking price with military discount for Quantum of the Seas, sailing 12/12/20014. Category D5,for $2555.40, for DH and me

I thought if I apply my D+ discount the price would come down to $2330.40

Wrong! The price with military and D+ is $2375.40.

I booked this cruise the other day, and just now reviewed my invoice with more scrutiny.

So I called my TA, thinking she might have made an error,

I must be stupid, after 43 cruises, (quite a few with military discounts) I find out

That the military rate is a % off AFTER C&A discount is applied.

Giving you $45.00 less off of your cruise, for this sailing

Have I been so clueless for all of these years or is this a new policy?

Now, please don't dis me, just wondering.

Edited by GOIN2C

I honestly think it unfair. I've spent a small fortune cruising and I'm getting quite disillusioned with some of RCCLs new practices

I've finally made it it D+ yet seeing one of the benefits I was looking forward to is less than what I had when I was a D.

The Cutbacks taking place every time I cruise have need noticeable It all adds up in the total experience

Quality is dissipating Shame on you RCCL!

Maybe it is just me, but a discount is just that, an amount the company is willing to take off the regular price. I am happy with however much Royal or anyone else is willing to discount my cruise. Would I be happy with more? Of course.

I always thought that military pricing was just that: a price.

Like a senior price or a residency price.

I did not think that it was a percentage at all, but a different, lowered price.

Have I been wrong all along, or is this something new?

That's an amazing price for the Quantum, by the way.

Perhaps ssssssshhhhhhh is your best attitude.

:)

Not a price any longer. A percentage verified by RCCL

And no need to shhhhh. It's a military price for anyone who sacrificed their lives for the benefit. Albeit 40+ years for my husband

And that is my attitude. :)

Edited by GOIN2C

I booked yesterday when I found a great Resident rate for Quantum and also used my D+ balcony discount. When I saw my confirmation I had to call back to ask why my resident rate discount was less than my DH's. Turns out they applied the D+ discount to my cruise fare which then resulted in a smaller resident rate discount for me because it's (drumroll, please!) a percentage! I never noticed that before but then I never used a D+ balcony discount before either. It is annoying but it was such a great price anyway. We originally booked an interior Q earlier this year and only paid a total of $35 more to get a D4! Although I originally thought it would be an almost even swap (only a difference of $1), I'm a happy camper here!:D

Edited by robeecruiser

BTW, does anyone know if Senior and Residence rate is based on percentage rather than amount?

If this is the case on all discounts, loyalty is not so important to RCCL

This is a recent photo of Royal determining Senior and Residency discounts:

ouija-board.jpg

I booked yesterday when I found a great Resident rate for Quantum and also used my D+ balcony discount. When I saw my confirmation I had to call back to ask why my resident rate discount was less than my DH's. Turns out they applied the D+ discount to my cruise fare which then resulted in a smaller resident rate discount for me because it's (drumroll, please!) a percentage! I never noticed that before but then I never used a D+ balcony discount before either. It is annoying but it was such a great price anyway. We originally booked an interior Q earlier this year and only paid a total of $35 more to get a D4! Although I originally thought it would be an almost even swap (only a difference of $1), I'm a happy camper here!:D

This new "percentage" pricing is without a doubt, a way of increasing fares to help offset costs of new ships

I'm thinking we have more surprise pricing tricks up their sleeves ( stern)

Make of this what you wish:

I was logged in and looking at my set sail pass when I see that my package price has changed and I now owe $300. :eek: This is the exact amount of my total resident rate discount. Like they just took it away.

Panic sets in, I call them, explain the story and get put on hold. He comes back and says it's all taken care of. I asked him if it was actually the resident rate discount that disappeared or was I crazy? He said that the person who handled the change the other day DID IT WRONG and that they were also crediting me back the $35 that I was charged for the difference in price for changing to the Balcony. He also more or less said "Don't ask" when I was trying to understand what happened.

My new confirmation has no discounts listed (no resident rate discount, no D+ balcony discount), just the original price I had paid for the Interior. LOL, this really makes them look like they don't know what they're doing! I know, I know, that's old news.:D

GOIN2C, do you think perhaps the mistake was the percentage thing they did on the discount? Think it might be worth pursuing? You know how results vary so much depending on who you get on the other end of the line!