just off the Navigator- Any Questions?

Tenderpaw

On what days of the cruise are the 2 formal nights in the main dining room? Trying to decide when to eat at the specialty restaurants for dinner.

Both times we were on NOS it is Monday and Friday. Monday everyone seemed to go all out, the second one didn't seem as fancy.

• 4 weeks later...
Will Kids have fun on board?

I have a 3 year old and a 9 year old.

I have to take my vacation before then end of January, or I will lose it.

So it might be a little too cold to swim.

Our 7 & 5 year olds had an awesome time! Their favorites were the kids club and ice skating.

To those who cruised on Navigator before and after her refurbishing and extensive dry dock -- What did you like before or after more or less?

Liked the addition of the Flowrider and Izumi. Did not like the loss of part of the jogging track due to the added staterooms.

Thanks for the wonderful reviews. We sailed her out of New Orleans a couple years ago and it remains at the top of the all time best cruise list. Of course Ricardo, the best Concierge ever! and our great Cabin Steward, whose name escapes me at the moment, plus the fact we were in a Grand Suite for a great price all had something to do with it. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Glad she is holding it!!

Liked the addition of the Flowrider and Izumi. Did not like the loss of part of the jogging track due to the added staterooms.

We are looking to plan a cruise on Navigator for the week of Thanksgiving....her 6 day itinerary that includes Thanksgiving Day. She was the very first cruise we ever took back in 2004. I was speaking with the Hotel Director when we were on Her Majesty over Thanksgiving Weekend and he was saying that Navigator is just such a different ship after her drydock and multiple changes.

I am happy for the addition of the flowrider (I enjoy going on it) and we did enjoy Izumi (when we cruised on Allure). I am sure people who like a jogging track, felt 'cheated' in some way, no that they lost part of it (I prefer the gym for a long walk on the treadmill). The Hotel Director mentioned the color scheme and appointments are much different as well.

Could recent Navigator cruisers comment on the drop off situation of luggage prior to use of parking other than the port parking? We'll be parking at ParkNCruise across the street. Had read some posts that drop off traffic had been re-routed in an inconvenient manner.

Anyone with experience with this?

TIA

• 3 weeks later...

Can you tell me about coffee options on board Navigator? We've been on Princess for the last few years but are returning to RCCL this summer. We love International Cafe on Princess, buying a coffee card and enjoying frappes and other specialty coffees. Anyone know if there is something similar here?

I wore shorts to lunch at Sabor and no one seemed to mind. Shorts are acceptable in the dining room for lunch too.

Glad you had a great trip. We sail on her Feb 1st. So excited [emoji4] Do you have to make a reservation for Sabor for lunch? Also do you know when & where you get ice show tickets?

Thanks

Victoria

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reservations for Sabor are a good idea just to make sure there isn't a disappointment. On the first sea day, they did a Sabor Guac demo by the pool and were offering 20% off to anyone making reservations at that time. We ended up reserving for lunch the last sea day. Lunch is at least $10 pp cheaper and the menu is the same as dinner. You don't get the discount for lunch though.

Regarding the ice show, if i recall people lined up on embarkation day at around 2-3pm in the the approximate middle of the Royal Promenade. Not totally sure of the time. I was previously told to go to the front desk and i ended up wasting my time doing that.

• 4 weeks later...
Just off Navigator Jan. 25th. John Perry was cruise director and the assistant was Elise.

Thank you so much. Our first cruise was on Navigator in February 2004 and we plan to cruise on her again in Nov 2015. We have done others in between. Looking forward to seeing her again.