What's the deal with Royal/Regal L105, L106, M105, M106 Mini-Suites

Iamthesea

Is there too much movement up there (Forward facing) for a European cruise?

I have seen some photos, so realize that they are different looking Mini-Suites.

Still looking for a photo of the area in front of the bed, though. And what is the box like closet next to the bed? Does the bathroom open from the stateroom, versus the hallway in the stateroom?

I am referring to these photos. Thanks in advance RMS Olympic. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40643848&postcount=40

I believe my thread was buried on the 2nd page today.:(

Still looking for insight into these Mini-Suites. :confused:

Also, is there any reason not to be over the officers bridge, or would being under the Sanctuary be better? ;)

Thank you!

OP - I'm pretty sure that's the bathroom. I was in L108 for 26-days and there is movement up there but sometimes the wind howling and vibration can be irritating if the boat is at full speed and it's especially windy. I loved my cabin and location but the wind/howl/movement is something to consider.

OP - I'm pretty sure that's the bathroom. I was in L108 for 26-days and there is movement up there but sometimes the wind howling and vibration can be irritating if the boat is at full speed and it's especially windy. I loved my cabin and location but the wind/howl/movement is something to consider.

Yes the bathroom door is there but there is also a cabinet to the left of the bathroom door that goes from floor-to-ceiling and is white and is between the bed and the bathroom wall. I would like to know what that is too. It is probably a utility cabinet but perhaps it is storage for passenger use.

Yes the bathroom door is there but there is also a cabinet to the left of the bathroom door that goes from floor-to-ceiling and is white and is between the bed and the bathroom wall. I would like to know what that is too. It is probably a utility cabinet but perhaps it is storage for passenger use.

Yes, that's what I meant. The bathroom question was about the other door. Sounds like that must be going into the bathroom from bed side instead of hallway side. I guess there could be good and bad outcomes of it being located there. Best to keep the door closed at all times. :D

We sleep with a white noise machine, so hopefully, that would help with the howling. Not sure about the vibration and movement, but I guess a little Meclizine would help. Our cruise has only two sea days (around the British Isles), so maybe we will not be going full speed ahead all that often. ;)

Does anyone else have any insight or photos of the side of the stateroom that is not shown in about photos? I find it hard to believe that I cannot find much info on these Premium Mini's if they are suppose to be so coveted.

I had one of these minis booked for a 7 day cruise starting Nov. 30th. After rethinking it, I switched to a port side mini. The idea of a forward facing, larger balcony appealed, but the more I thought about and after some advice on this board I decided to switch to a different mini. I was mostly concerned about the wind on the balcony any time the ship was under way. I can remember some other cruises where there were public balconies of one sort or another that were really uncomfortable when moving due to wind. They are larger balconies, but there is also the possibility that they may be locked and unavailable under certain conditions. We also on one occasion were in a suite on HAL on which the balcony wrapped around the front quarter of the deck. That was terribly windy, and not comfortable under way.

If anyone sails in one of these please post information for future reference

Found this on an old thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by islandatsea viewpost.gif

I have read reports that you can use the balcony all the time. Is that still true?

The slider is never locked by Princess but the balcony light is disconnected and if you use the balcony at night,all lights must be turned off or the drapes closed.I asked the Captain about this and he said that the light reflects into the bridge and can distract the navigational crew.

I think that based on the above, plus the fact that we will not want to be out on the balcony in bad sea conditions, or fastly underway, that we are going to take a chance. We mainly use the balcony for port approaches, breakfast while in port, and an occasional before bed star gazing (if able.)

I do have two more questions, although it seems that I keep asking, but not really getting answers. :o

If booking on the Marina deck, above the bridge, will the bridge lights bother us...such as blinking lights?

If we book the Marina or Lido deck, can decks from above see onto our balcony?

What is the door in the hallway, outside this bank of forward facing staterooms?

IMG_3667.jpg.beecf1f491908170c3c445ccd7e3ded1.jpg

Edited by Iamthesea

Found this on an old thread.

I think that based on the above, plus the fact that we will not want to be out on the balcony in bad sea conditions, or fastly underway, that we are going to take a chance. We mainly use the balcony for port approaches, breakfast while in port, and an occasional before bed star gazing (if able.)

I do have two more questions, although it seems that I keep asking, but not really getting answers. :o

If booking on the Marina deck, above the bridge, will the bridge lights bother us...such as blinking lights?

If we book the Marina or Lido deck, can decks from above see onto our balcony?

What is the door in the hallway, outside this bank of forward facing staterooms?

I wondered about the door and corridor leading forward. Maybe when you sail you can let us know what it as as well as post a review of the forward facing cabin.

• 3 weeks later...

Have a question about these cabins. According to Princess's deck plans, L106 (and a few others) are 345 square feet with a 144 square foot balcony. So...if I do the math, the square footage of the inside of the cabin is only 201 square feet, which is a smaller interior than what's indicated for a non-premium mini suite (299-36 = 263 s.f). Can anyone verify that? I've got L106 on hold on our cruise but not sure I want to pay a premium if it's an interior size comparable to the aft deluxe balcony I've got right now. Any info would be appreciated.

Have a question about these cabins. According to Princess's deck plans, L106 (and a few others) are 345 square feet with a 144 square foot balcony. So...if I do the math, the square footage of the inside of the cabin is only 201 square feet, which is a smaller interior than what's indicated for a non-premium mini suite (299-36 = 263 s.f). Can anyone verify that? I've got L106 on hold on our cruise but not sure I want to pay a premium if it's an interior size comparable to the aft deluxe balcony I've got right now. Any info would be appreciated.

I've been in both of these cabins (didn't stay but the occupants invited me in to take a look). I think they're bigger than 201 sq. feet. They're a different configuration than the standard mini but spacious, nevertheless. I think it's the same size as a standard mini with a bigger balcony.

I've been in both of these cabins (didn't stay but the occupants invited me in to take a look). I think they're bigger than 201 sq. feet. They're a different configuration than the standard mini but spacious, nevertheless. I think it's the same size as a standard mini with a bigger balcony.

Thanks for the info. :-)

• 4 weeks later...
Is there too much movement up there (Forward facing) for a European cruise?

I have seen some photos, so realize that they are different looking Mini-Suites.

Still looking for a photo of the area in front of the bed, though. And what is the box like closet next to the bed? Does the bathroom open from the stateroom, versus the hallway in the stateroom?

I am referring to these photos. Thanks in advance RMS Olympic. :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=40643848&postcount=40

I'd like to know the answer to what the box like closet is next to the bed too. Is it additional storage space? As far as the closets...if they're not outside the bath as in a standard suite, am I correct in assuming they are (as shown in the photo) in the hallway as you come in? Also, am I correct in assuming that there's two TV's in the suite...one across from the couch and one across from the end of the bed?

Edited by shutterbug63

• 8 years later...

This is  an old thread but I have stayed in Royal L102 L103 L104 and M102 Loved them all huge balcony.

Booked Enchanted this Winter 2024 in L106 a mini suite.

Here is my video of the balcony 

Here is L102

Edited by BeachBum777
  • Thanks 1

On 10/20/2014 at 12:04 PM, Iamthesea said:

IMG_3667.jpg.beecf1f491908170c3c445ccd7e3ded1.jpg

That is a door and walkway for crew to a piece of equipment. The equipment is a round structure on top of a pole. Satellite equipment or something. Stayed in L102 for a TA and never saw anyone access the equipment.

M108 has an awesome balcony!!  We've been in the stateroom before and loved the lay out of the room.  The living area is separate from the bedroom, feels like much more space than a normal Minisuite.  We used the balcony every day and have now booked a TA on the Sky in one of these marvelous rooms!!  It's great fun being at the BOW of the ship!!

I will also add that if you book on Marina Level or M - Peeps on the Lido can look down into your outer  balcony .. My short video above shows this.

101 and 102 are just a little larger on the terrace 

Edited by BeachBum777

5 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

M108 has an awesome balcony!!  We've been in the stateroom before and loved the lay out of the room.  The living area is separate from the bedroom, feels like much more space than a normal Minisuite.  We used the balcony every day and have now booked a TA on the Sky in one of these marvelous rooms!!  It's great fun being at the BOW of the ship!!

That is an whole different cabin it is as good as a full suite the balcony is super huge strange interior lay out but massive out doors

10 minutes ago, BeachBum777 said:

That is an whole different cabin it is as good as a full suite the balcony is super huge strange interior lay out but massive out doors

That's the one above M108, same room but M108 balcony is even larger than L108's.  It does stick out more too, so if you are up against the rails you can be seen by the rooms above.  But what a great room/balcony!!!