luggage tag question

When our documents were first issued, some of out excursions were not listed. I really wanted everything showing as it should, so e-mailed my TA, and had her request the docs be reissued. It was done in just a few days. (If you book with a TA , the request has to come from them. If you book with Royal, just call them)

Yes, that is correct to the best of my knowledge. I don't believe they re-issue the documents so no updated tags. Either make your own or easier, get them at the port as you mentioned.

They will reissue your docs. You just have to call RCI or your TA and ask.

I upgraded for my October cruise after my docs were issued and the new tags were available on the website within 24 hours. They re-issue the docs to reflect the current cabin and the new luggage tags were right there with them.

Edited by dacsmom

I ask for my docs to be reissued all the time. It's a very simple process for Royal. They do 2 runs per day. I do it every time I make a change or add something to my reservation so that the docs show it all in case there are any hiccups on board.

Really simple. I would just call your TA.

I ask for my docs to be reissued all the time. It's a very simple process for Royal. They do 2 runs per day. I do it every time I make a change or add something to my reservation so that the docs show it all in case there are any hiccups on board.

Really simple. I would just call your TA.

Thanks. Not calling TA again. She is not to fond of me right now.

I just printed out my set sail pass but no luggage tags so photo shopped new ones.

That's why I wanted to know about the letter which i now have a D instead of a C.

Thanks everybody for the replies

Bill

Did i read here that if you change rooms after your documents are available that the luggage tags won't be available for the new room and we will need to get them from a porter?

Bill

Typically they do not reissue the documents right away unless you ASK them nicely. And if you forget, call back and ask them to reissue so you can print your new luggage tags. I like printing my own luggage tags, AND I often upsell last minute, so I run into this alot. Only once, when I got a C&A complimentary upgrade did the agent say , Oh, and I'm going to reissue the docs right away so you can print them tomorrow. And sure enough they were updated. Usually even if the docs are updated, the luggage tags are for the old room.

Did i read here that if you change rooms after your documents are available that the luggage tags won't be available for the new room and we will need to get them from a porter?

Bill

No that is not true. I have changed cabins many times after the docs are available. All you do is call Royal and ask them to re-issue your docs. Takes 24 hours for it to hit and then you can go out and print your luggage tags for you new cabin.

Only way this might not work is if you change cabins at the very last minute.

• 5 weeks later...

Last year I didn't notice the incorrect cabin information on the printed and laminated luggage tags.

Good grief, exactly how many opportunities did I need to verify that bit of info?

So I sent my luggage merrily down the hall to the wrong cabin! :rolleyes:

This morning I noticed the deck was not correct as I prepared to print the tags. I called and they are reissuing the docs.

Thanks for the replies.

I'll just get them from the porter.

The last person my TA wants to hear from is me.

Thanks again

Bill

How funny as I was thinking the same thing! I booked through a TA and upgraded three times going from an inside cabin to an oceanview balcony for an additional $77!! When I went to print out my docs the luggage tags had my old cabin number on them and I just didn't have the heart to call my TA to tell her to call RCCL so they could correct the tags. When we got to the pier via a charter bus they asked us if anyone needed new tags and I was the only one who did. Got them from the porter and filled out the tag with my information.

How funny as I was thinking the same thing! I booked through a TA and upgraded three times going from an inside cabin to an oceanview balcony for an additional $77!! When I went to print out my docs the luggage tags had my old cabin number on them and I just didn't have the heart to call my TA to tell her to call RCCL so they could correct the tags. When we got to the pier via a charter bus they asked us if anyone needed new tags and I was the only one who did. Got them from the porter and filled out the tag with my information.

All my changes were because RCI kicked me out of my room and didn't have compatible rooms and when i finally found one let's just say my TA was less than pleased to hear from me again.

I never got a new confirmation from the TA either which i did on the previous changes but RCI did send me one.

I understand that her commission didn't change for the amount of work she had to do but that should be between the TA and RCI who made it all necessary.

If they didn't change my room she would have never heard from me from the time I booked until the cruise except to pay final payment.

Bill

You should see a mini version (black and white) of your luggage tag on page

three of your set sail pass. I have used that many times when I upgraded

or changed cabins before sail date. Just slipped it into my plastic sleeve holder,

and it worked just fine.