Carnival Pride Dry Dock

momof2cruiser

I've heard conflicting reports on the Honeymoon/Weddings board. We got married in the Chapel last year and it was gorgeous. If they do get rid of the chapel, I hope they'd replace it with something where a wedding could be held. There are only so many places to have a wedding onboard and it'd limit them to two a sailing instead of three.

Our wedding on the Pride is already booked for next year. Fortunately, we don't really care about the Chapel. I think it was partially your review somewhere on the wedding process that had us pick Carnival for our wedding. That, and Royal Caribbean was seriously lacking in customer service and helpfulness in that aspect.

JH has more pictures posted. Green Thunder being brought in by crane. Alchemy Bar starting to take shape and where the Bonsai will go....can't wait to see her put back together. :) Really can't wait to see her live in March!!:D

This is a pretty unusual condition in dry dock, and I would suspect it is caused by the "Triumph" upgrades to the cabling in the engine room, and possibly the installation of the new "backup generator", if that is actually happening.

A lot of housekeeping staff will need to continue servicing the cabins that the contractors use. The galley and wait staff are needed to feed the contractors, since the crew galley/mess will be operating as usual at full capacity. Those who are not doing their normal duties will be used to prep areas for the contractors (removing furniture), cleaning up after the contractors, and as fire watch in various areas including the engine room wherever the shipyard is doing cutting/welding, and there could be a fire hazard.

You're right about the new "backup generator" getting installed. It was actually already in place when my friends were on the Pride this summer, but wasn't working yet. They were told it would be installed during dry dock

Also, on his FB page, John Heald said the dancers and singers were in Miami learning routines for new shows.

When a ship goes through drydock do they update the cabins as well?

I asked when we sail on Oct 5 pride cruise and was told no major improvements to the staterooms. I hope they change the TVs to flat screens.

We too are on the Thanksgiving cruise too. Can't wait to see what they have done to the ship. My boys are super excited to ride the Green Thunder drop slide.

You need to come over to the roll call!

I am planning on writing a review, and I take a TON of pictures, but I'm not sailing til 11/23. Hopefully someone will write one before that.

We are going on the first cruise after dry dock. I will try to get lots of pictures and the fun times and post them when we get back. 8 more days!

That would be fabulous! Thank you. Can't wait to see pictures of all the new features.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I asked when we sail on Oct 5 pride cruise and was told no major improvements to the staterooms. I hope they change the TVs to flat screens.

I hope they get new mattresses. Last cruise ours seemed to be really worn, but not as bad as one we had on the Splendor- that was terrible! :eek:

We don't sail until April, so I am looking forward to seeing all of your reviews and photos!! Even though there will be no major improvements to the rooms, I would hope that a little sprucing up, where needed, will take place....like new TV's, mattresses, bedding, etc. if a cabin is looking really worn. I can't imagine that they would do all this work to a ship and walk away leaving a broken TV in a room! I hope I am correct! :)

I just saw that. With the cover closed. I'm curious about the feedback, and even the sound.

Cruised the Pride last February with the roof closed the entire trip, no problem with music playing at the covered pool.

We are going on the first cruise after dry dock. I will try to get lots of pictures and the fun times and post them when we get back. 8 more days!

Great Cyndi. Also when you get back can you tell us when your formal nights were and if there is anything that we SHOULDN'T miss. We will be sailing her on Nov. 23rd and can hardly wait. Thanks.