Day Passes

Dorset Cruiser

First, there is no such thing as a private beach in Hawaii. All beaches are public, and you may use them without paying anything.

If you wish to rent beach chairs, that will be available in many locations where there is high demand. Waikiki, for example.

If you wish to use hotel facilities, like pools and showers, a quick search reveals:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1883759&highlight=hotel+passes

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2116690&highlight=hotel+passes

First, there is no such thing as a private beach in Hawaii. All beaches are public, and you may use them without paying anything.

If you wish to rent beach chairs, that will be available in many locations where there is high demand. Waikiki, for example.

If you wish to use hotel facilities, like pools and showers, a quick search reveals:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1883759&highlight=hotel+passes

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2116690&highlight=hotel+passes

Thanks. Looks like we will be sitting on the beach. Did Pearl Harbour and an Island Tour last year and a shopping mall 😱. Going to chill this year 😄

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks. Looks like we will be sitting on the beach. Did Pearl Harbour and an Island Tour last year and a shopping mall 😱. Going to chill this year 😄

Sounds like a great plan, have fun. :)

There are two rental places at the widest part of Waikiki, which is the beach in front of Hilton Hawaiian Village and Fort DeRussy (and it's military hotel, Hale Koa). Hale Koa had a two-tier pricing for it's chairs, and other equipment, military and everyone else. The park at Fort DeRussy also has showers so you can get the sun and salt water off of you. The park also has public restrooms.

Thank you for asking about day passes to a hotel, instead of just poaching. Those hotel guests along Waikiki have paid a lofty price and deserve to use their facilities without worry about some non-guest walking in and taking liberties...

I would never set foot on the Hilton Hawaiian again after our visit. It was nice enough and all that, but omg what a madhouse! I don't mind the tourist stuff, like theme parks and such, but I've never been anywhere that was such a zoo in my life.

Maybe we caught them on an off day or something, but it seemed like there there just a crush of people everywhere we went. Luckily we only had one night there (our first night in from the airport) but I would never stay there again.

Edited by Freehike

Our problem is solved as we have cancelled the sector of our cruise which went from San Francisco to Sydney. We decided we could not face the long periods of seadays through the Pacific. We are now joining our ship in Sydney and sailing up to Hong Kong.

Thanks for your comments 😄