shareholder benefits

msptemp

Has carnival changed it's policy about shareholder benefits for interline rates. Are they not allowing the room credit on a discounted room rate.

We recently booked a 7 day cruise during a sale and were able to get the shareholder credit.

Has carnival changed it's policy about shareholder benefits for interline rates. Are they not allowing the room credit on a discounted room rate.

No changes to the shareholder benefits through July 2015....they are the same as they have been for the last 10 years. The amount you paid for your cabin/stateroom has no bearing on the shareholder OBC...only the length of your cruise.

We recently booked a 7 day cruise during a sale and were able to get the shareholder credit.

But OP is asking about the benefit when the cabin is booked at interline rates. That's usually a special case.

Was your booking an interline situation?

But OP is asking about the benefit when the cabin is booked at interline rates. That's usually a special case.

Was your booking an interline situation?

Nope. Sorry. I misread the original. Thanks for catching that.

AFAIK this language

This benefit is available to shareholders holding a minimum of 100 shares of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc. Employees, travel agents cruising at travel agent rates, tour conductors or anyone cruising on a reduced-rate or complimentary basis are excluded from this offer.

has always been included in the offer (emphasis mine). I seem to remember postings in the past about interline rates being included in the "reduced-rate" category.

As far back as I can remember Carnival has never given shareholder credit to Travel Agents & those on Interline rates..We only purchased our stock in 2009 but do not use our Interline Discounts on our Cruises..Only have the copy of the Shareholder benefits from 2011, 12 & 13 & every one states:

This benefit is available to shareholders holding a minimum of 100 shares of Carnival Corporation or Carnival plc. Employees, travel agents cruising at travel agent rates, tour conductors or anyone cruising on a reduced-rate or complimentary basis are excluded from this offer. Unquote

I bolded the last sentence..If the OP, has previously received the shareholder benefit when booked on a reduced rate, it may have been overlooked in error..

Edited by serendipity1499

AFAIK this language

has always been included in the offer (emphasis mine). I seem to remember postings in the past about interline rates being included in the "reduced-rate" category.

You are right, I'm very cognizant of these perks as we often travel on an Interline Rate but have excluded our cruises only because we can't book a year in advance & it's always space available.. Interliner's can be bumped :eek: if necessary while Travel Agents are never or very rarely bumped..LOL

My only two cruises booked at an interline rate was in the 70's & after that I decided it was not worth the hassle..

Wow. We always travel interline. Sometimes last minute and have never been bumped from the cruise. That is interesting. I have talked to interline travelers that say they get the onboard credit for carnival shares. We own 250 shares so that's not a problem.

Wow. We always travel interline. Sometimes last minute and have never been bumped from the cruise. That is interesting. I have talked to interline travelers that say they get the onboard credit for carnival shares. We own 250 shares so that's not a problem.

There has been at least 2 stories on the message board that I remember. Why not contact HAL directly. I find some folks like to tell stories so you never know if they did get the obc or not.

My TA always gives us a discount and we always get stockholder credits. By the way the stock is getting close to $40 again.

An interline rate is one that you can get if you work for the airlines (the way I understand it). It's on the understanding that you may get bumped. People with those rates are not supposed to discuss them but I've seen people post the rate on this board. Not cool.