Queen Elizabeth Photo Review - Deck Tours - Menus - Drinks Lists - Programs

megacruiser

Wow ! I really like this idea of the Alfresco dinning area. I've not experienced anything like before ( other than Seabourn ) Well done to Cunard for introducing this concept.

I suppose it will be more difficult to execute on the Victoria due to a smaller rear deck area, but should be interesting to see after the Vic refit ( introducing a canopy for shade)

The Brits are delighted that for a change the QE will be sailing from Southampton without the need for flying , just hope QE is a happy ship as is the Victoria. :)

Thanks again Megacruiser for you excellent posts.;)

Wow ! I really like this idea of the Alfresco dinning area. I've not experienced anything like before ( other than Seabourn ) Well done to Cunard for introducing this concept.

I suppose it will be more difficult to execute on the Victoria due to a smaller rear deck area, but should be interesting to see after the Vic refit ( introducing a canopy for shade)

The Brits are delighted that for a change the QE will be sailing from Southampton without the need for flying , just hope QE is a happy ship as is the Victoria. :)

Thanks again Megacruiser for you excellent posts.;)

Thanks again Bell Boy.

Regards

megacruiser

I must say that the reserved Grills area on both the Queen Elizabeth and Queen Victoria seem to me to be far more exclusive and desirable than the equivalent reserved areas on Queen Mary 2, especially the outdoor space (see my QM2 review)...

Deck 11 Plan...

Grills-2_zps6298cc59.jpg

The Grills Lounge...

DSCF3309-4_zps7656e4c6.jpg

DSCF3310-4_zpsddea1e31.jpg

DSCF3313-4_zps63cd1c31.jpg

Hello Megacruiser. What can say but WOW!

You have just kept me busy reading your full review all in one go, so Sunday afternoon now gone. I loved it!:)

In fact I am now ready to get stuck into the packing for my New Year cruise on QE.

I am no stranger to QE having spent many happy hours on her. I felt a bit cruised out after my last world cruise on her earlier this year. So much so that I was not too bothered if I went on her again for a while.

However, after your wonderful photos and review I am now on my starting blocks. ;)

I enjoyed your review so much. I was most impressed with the fact you must have been up early to get such people free pictures. :)

Having written blogs on various cruises and a few full world cruises, I know how hard it is to get a decent photo without people involved.

Well done for your efforts.

I know QE like the back of my hand and the only photos you missed out on were the infamous launderettes, which are always a place of discussion. :)

Thank you for taking the time and effort it was a great read. Can't wait to get back onboard now. Maggiemou/ Maggieshoemou

Hello Maggiemou,

Nice to hear from you and thanks for your kind comments. I may well have read some of your reports elsewhere. ;) Arcadia comes to mind... :)

Oh yes the legendary launderettes; those crucibles of conflict; where primordial-proclivities unleash territorial-tetchiness, unseemly-altercations and behaviour altogether-unbecoming... followed by the unfettered rumour-mill spiralling out-of-control with each recounting of how events unfolded...

Anyway I am not sure it’s the only thing I missed but for those whose cruise would not be complete without a visit, here is a glimpse of what can be expected. Although it was unused at the time I visited, I will say that I could imagine that when at full-tilt, it could be hot enough, humid enough, noisy enough and claustrophobic enough for anything to happen... Enter at your own risk!

Kind regards

megacruiser

DSCF3723-4_zpsf2b13ede.jpg

DSCF3751-4_zpsed07c2e3.jpg

DSCF3753-4_zps7509511a.jpg

DSCF3754-4_zpsa4a61c3d.jpg

Thanks for the launderette photos. From the sign, I'm guessing this is the one on deck 7. They have new washers and dryers after the drydock. Surprised they cut back from three of each to only two. I can only imagine what kind of mayhem this causes (it was bad enough with three:eek:). It's too bad they could not have made the room itself a little larger.

I am so glad I booked another cruise on QE right about the time you started this review. So looking forward to being back on board after seeing your wonderful photos. Thanks so much for sharing them with us.

Kathi

Edited by Scrapnana

QUOTE Hello Maggiemou,

Nice to hear from you and thanks for your kind comments. I may well have read some of your reports elsewhere. ;) Arcadia comes to mind... :)

Oh yes the legendary launderettes; those crucibles of conflict; where primordial-proclivities unleash territorial-tetchiness, unseemly-altercations and behaviour altogether-unbecoming... followed by the unfettered rumour-mill spiralling out-of-control with each recounting of how events unfolded...

Anyway I am not sure it’s the only thing I missed but for those whose cruise would not be complete without a visit, here is a glimpse of what can be expected. Although it was unused at the time I visited, I will say that I could imagine that when at full-tilt, it could be hot enough, humid enough, noisy enough and claustrophobic enough for anything to happen... Enter at your own risk!

Kind regards

megacruiser

Ah! Megacruise the dreaded Arcadia:) I did persevere on that trip with more than just the blog. :) It turned out to have quite a following with the high drama of some things. I have since put all of that plus some QM2 world cruise info and the complete QE world cruise this year into print. I write about the laundry stories. My good ness some of them have been doing the rounds for 20 years. :) Here is a link for you may find interesting.

https://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/109-cruise-news/39968-maggiemous-adventures-what-difference-year-makes.html#post589699

Lovely photos again and I was surprised to see only two washers now and two driers. That should make for more tantrums over the driers on a world voyage. Maybe Cunard are wanting people to use the paid laundry service more.

I shall be on QE with Scrapnana in January so we will do a laundry inspection as the new laundry police. :D

Thanks for the launderette photos. From the sign, I'm guessing this is the one on deck 7. They have new washers and dryers after the drydock. Surprised they cut back from three of each to only two. I can only imagine what kind of mayhem this causes (it was bad enough with three:eek:). Kathi

There were 3 washers and 3 driers on deck 6 on 5 Dec 14 when we were on QE.

QUOTE Hello Maggiemou,

Ah! Megacruise the dreaded Arcadia:) I did persevere on that trip with more than just the blog. :) It turned out to have quite a following with the high drama of some things. I have since put all of that plus some QM2 world cruise info and the complete QE world cruise this year into print. I write about the laundry stories. My good ness some of them have been doing the rounds for 20 years. :) Here is a link for you may find interesting.

https://www.cruise.co.uk/forum/109-cruise-news/39968-maggiemous-adventures-what-difference-year-makes.html#post589699

:D

Maggiemou - would you be kind enough to point me in the direction of your blog/ review of your trip on "the dreaded" :rolleyes:Arcadia - I have tried searching this forum unsuccessfully! And as I am due to go in Arcadia next year so I am interested in what you had to say. The link you mention above doesn't take me to it. Thanking you in advance

Maggiemou - would you be kind enough to point me in the direction of your blog/ review of your trip on "the dreaded" :rolleyes:Arcadia - I have tried searching this forum unsuccessfully! And as I am due to go in Arcadia next year so I am interested in what you had to say. The link you mention above doesn't take me to it. Thanking you in advance

Hello Mysticalmother.

I wrote my review and blogs for a Uk forum. I can give you the link here

http://www.cruise.co.uk/cruise-reviews/pando-cruises/arcadia/read-review-80470/

The link is to the review I did at the end of a disastrous cruise. It was well documented in my blogs. The blogs from this cruise and another far better world cruise have since been published in a more readable form after re editing etc.

If you read the review which is long and scroll to page 16 the last two posts you will find the link to what you need. Cunard is far superior IMO. ;)

Happy Christmas .

Hello Mysticalmother.

I wrote my review and blogs for a Uk forum. I can give you the link here

http://www.cruise.co.uk/cruise-reviews/pando-cruises/arcadia/read-review-80470/

The link is to the review I did at the end of a disastrous cruise. It was well documented in my blogs. The blogs from this cruise and another far better world cruise have since been published in a more readable form after re editing etc.

If you read the review which is long and scroll to page 16 the last two posts you will find the link to what you need. Cunard is far superior IMO. ;)

Happy Christmas .

Thank you for posting the link to your review. It was both informative and humorous. I suppose you can laugh now about it but certainly not at the time you experienced that cruise.

Thanks for posting the link Maggie. Have mixed feelings about our upcoming cruise, but it is a 14 nighter rather than a world cruise, and she has had a refit since.

I shall go on it with a postive attitude , especially as it is the Itinerary which attracted us. Having been on P & O's Azura in June this year, after 4 - 5 years of Cunard, (which we love too!) I was pleasantly surprised, so we shall wait and see!

Happy New year

QEDAY7Page1x-2_zpscadeacb1.jpg

QEDAY7Page2x-2_zps1892c010.jpg

QEDAY7Page3x-2_zpsa3add328.jpg

QEDAY7Page4x-2_zps640ecad7.jpg

Decided not to go ashore having been here several times before and last-day relaxation was the priority, with return to work fast-approaching. The sun arose on what was to be another very warm and sunny day. In fact the weather lived up to the best of my past experiences of the Eastern Mediterranean in mid-October, as it had done throughout the preceding seven days.

DSCF6786-2-2_zpsd636c35b.jpg

DSCF6769-4_zpsa41e9a24.jpg