Favorite room service offerings?

Will be going on our 1st RCCL cruise in 5 days--I am interested in what is the best on the room service menus: breakfast? lunch/dinner? desserts? I realize food reviews are objective but am interested in all opinions.

I love this question. We'll be on our first RCI cruise in a few weeks after many on HAL, NCL, Princess, Carnival, Celebrity...etc and there's always some favorite room service items on the other lines. We don't typically eat in the cabin but like to order whatever the best thing is as a snack or whatever. Just to try it.

Following just because I wanna see what were gonna want to order on our next cruise...there is something exciting about ordering some snacks at night!!!

We had to order room services for 24 hrs on our honeymoon cruise as the hubby had a bad stomach bug so we both were ordered to stay in our room for 24 hrs..... It was amazing how hot the French fries were! We likes the turkey croissants, cheeseburgers, and of course the hubs liked the soup he got that he could hold down, lol but this was 6 years ago

For me it's all about coffee on the balcony - next cruise I am also going to order pastries and orange juice. Sounds yummy. We have not ordered anything else from room service, like to eat at the venues and not in our room. ;)

I love this question! And, I will admit - Our last cruise was the first time we actually ordered room service.

We ordered breakfast (I think we did it from the TV). It arrived on time, and nice and hot! We ordered eggs, bacon, and fruit with an assorted pastries plate. It was a lazy sea day, and it was so nice to sit on the balcony, relax and eat the breakfast while watching the brilliant blue Caribbean water. Cannot beat that scenery!

When we sailed with our kids a few years ago, they would order hot chocolate and cookies every night - they raved about them.

On our last cruise we had late dining around 8 or so. With hungry kids we found that we enjoyed ordering up appetizers and snacks to the room around 5 or 6. We knew if we went to get pizza or went to the windjammer we were hungry enough that we would stuff ourselves. We ordered different things for the kids but my youngest loves her healthier food and really liked the ceasar salads. I forget on the older one but I imagine we found her something. For my husband and I we would order the cheese platter and the spinach artichoke dip and would enjoy those with a glass or two of wine a couple of hours before dinner, usually while the others were getting ready. Other than that we typically like to leave the room to eat but I think this next time we might order up breakfast to the kids room and ours when we have early shore days.

Debbie

I loved the Mediterranean chicken salad.

The spinach and cheese dip is pretty good. We also sometimes order the fruit plate and cheese plate to enjoy with some wine while getting ready before dinner.

One time I was feeling a little cold coming on and ordered the chicken soup and that was pretty tasty as well.

Then why did you even reply to this thread :rolleyes:

To run up her post count obviously :p Agreed. NOT helpful to the OP at all. You wont be getting a reply from her.

But to get back on topic, I see some are mentioning honey stung chicken. I think it has been established that even though it is still on the room service menu, HSC has been discontinued fleet wide.

I want to try the Bistro burger off the room service menu.

Will be going on our 1st RCCL cruise in 5 days--I am interested in what is the best on the room service menus: breakfast? lunch/dinner? desserts? I realize food reviews are objective but am interested in all opinions.

Unless you are booked in a GS (Grand Suite ) or higher you will not be able to order off the MDR ( Main dining room) Menu for in-room service. The standard Room Service Menu is very limited and does not change whether it's lunch or dinner.

Also note that during the hours of Midnight to 5:00 A.M. there is a $3.95 service fee for Room Service.

Use this link to view the Room Service Menus http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=36762748&postcount=5

Edited by xxoocruiser

Not a fan of eating in my room....more fun to head to a restaurant!

Did the OP ask for your personal preferences on where to eat ? I must have missed that. I took it that she/he enjoys room service and wanted to know what were some good choices. Silly me!!!:roll eyes:

To answer the OP's question...I really enjoyed the hamburger for lunch. It was, IMO, much better than those served in the Windjammer. Enjoy your cruise and your room service "goodies" !

Edited by Rala
add'l ino

Nothing like having your own sail away party on the balcony with cheese platter, fruit platter, and some wine. Substitute hot choclate and cookies for an Alaskan Cruise. We crammed 9 people onto our balcony!