Five guys vs guys burgers. You decide.

dettlja

I don't get the fuss about either actually... I can't think of a single chain burger I've had that really blew me away. Absolutely nothing special about either, except any burger on a cruise ship is better than a burger not on a cruise ship :p

But then again dry bread on a cruise ship is better than a hamburger not on a cruise ship, and that from someone who loves a good burger.

A restaurant at a club down the road from me used to sell a burger for $125. However, it included a $10 donation to Make a Wish. When the donation went away, they lowered the price to $100. The restaurant no longer exists because the club decided to reflag it as a different restaurant. Instead, a neighboring restaurant has a $1000 sundae.

http://most-expensive.com/burgers-world

Gotta love Boca!

This reminded me, for some reason, the day Richard Nixon said "what this country needs is a good 5 cent hamburger." White Castle sold 5 cents burgers for a day! I got a bagful!! Anyone remember that?

So help out a poor old Aussie.

What's so good about 5 guys.

And what's on your favorite burger, where ever it's from what makes it special.

I'm waiting for that too :p I like a good thick, juicy burger... Five Guys is actually (on their regular single), 2 thinner patties... no good pink/red, juicy center... no juice dripping down your arm :p A waste of calories if you ask me LOL

Gotta love Boca!

This reminded me, for some reason, the day Richard Nixon said "what this country needs is a good 5 cent hamburger." White Castle sold 5 cents burgers for a day! I got a bagful!! Anyone remember that?

I do I do I do.......Jersey Girl. Tons of WC'S here. LOVE THEM

When I was pregnant with my first child....I remember eating TEN of them...:eek::eek::eek:

I do I do I do.......Jersey Girl. Tons of WC'S here. LOVE THEM

When I was pregnant with my first child....I remember eating TEN of them...:eek::eek::eek:

You are truly a unique female...in my experience males LOVE them and females HATE them...

The last $17 burger I saw was in Kotzebue, Alaska. Everything is expensive there.

I do not eat burgers when cruising. There are so many new dishes to try, why eat a cheeseburger? JMHO, but burgers just don't do it for me.

Trying Guys for the first time in 16 days. For now we are huge fans of Five Guys but try hard not to overindulge.

I keep hearing that I need to try Cook Out. Here in Va they seem to have a cult following.

Wish we had Krystal's (like White Castle, but totally yummier).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Five guys just opened a location inside Bayside. So now folks sailing from Miami can try them both. Yum!

My favorite burger is the one I grill myself. I used 1/3lb chopped sirloin cooked to juicy perfection, placed on a grill-toasted sesame seed bun, topped off with cheddar cheese, tomato and baby spinach leaf. Add some spicy ketchup and a whisper of miracle whip. My wife and sons will add guacamole and sliced jalapeños. Sorry Guy...you lose!

Wish we had those in Virginia! Except you really can't make a comparison since it takes probably about 10 sliders to make one "regular" burger ;).

Being born and raised for the most part in the suburbs of Chicago, I sure do miss those! Whenever I visit my mom in WI, I make my sister stop at the WC outside of the airport in MSP on the way. Safe to say there's a big dent in the case of burgers by the time we get there :D

do you know that you can buy white castle sliders in the frozen food section of many grocery stores?

you seem like a white castle fanatic so while perhaps not exactly 'the same' - they're damn close - they 'steam' in the bag in the microwave and all. very similar to true form.

you can even search for retail locations (which frankly probably outnumber their actual retail locations at this time) on their web site whitecastle.com. i don't know where you live but given your info i put in 'virginia' and did see some results. check it out :cool:

white-castle-PNG-1.png

Edited by falkcor