Find a TA discount research

2wheelin

I see so many posts saying to book with a TA for a discounted price lower than what Princess offers directly. I am really having trouble finding those discounts/perks. I checked with the local TA suggested by Princess and they could offer nothing but a $25 charge to book or change. Another local popular auto travel club would charge $25 but credit $50 OBC but their cabin price was $150 higher than on line for the same submitted info.

How do you research the reputation of online brokers. Most advertise the same price as Princess (obligated to I believe) but one I found whose name starts with best, offers to send a quote which is $100 cheaper. How do I know the future hassle with them will be worth the $200?

Sorry for the long ? but I really want answers. Every $$ counts

Online, I would do a lot of searching to find "opinions" or "reviews" of a particular agency. I prefer to do business with a local real person, though.

To find a TA who isn't trying to steal your hard earned money, you'll have to call around. There's no reason a TA should be asking for more money than their commission, and certainly not charging more than book rates.

For the best rates possible, you need to find an agency that books lots of Princess cruises--so their commissions will be higher, allowing them to do some discounting. And, they need to be booking "group sales" which can give them some flexibility in cruise pricing or perks like OBC.

Good luck.

1. You do not do business with any agency that charges a fee for changes you might make.

2. You attend your cruise meet and greet and speak to your fellow travelers. Word of mouth is how you find your discount agent.

3. Never, ever, pay more than the published price.

The Cruise Critic guidelines prohibit naming a TA. So we cannot give you a name here.

When I started cruising, if someone said they had a discounted price for their cruise, I asked the name of their TA. I kept a list. When I booked I worked down the list and got quotes. Many were the same as the Princess price. Eventually, I settled on the one I use now.