Holland America entertainment style

Invincible

Agree the Unexpected Boys were good but I've seen better (check out The Octaves on facebook) and their silly play acting between numbers rather than personally connecting with their audience was amateurish and annoying, wasn't over enthused by the pianist in the piano bar but accept that's down to personal taste, comedians were poor, there was a ventriloquist and magician that would struggle to get a booking at a kids party and while the singers were good on their own the singer and dancers shows were poor, I'm sure they're all talented performers but the production and direction was very weak compared to what I've seen before, indeed we were on another ship for 17 nights during the summer and the very professional group of singers and dancers did 7 different full shows on Zuiderdam over 27 nights we saw 2 shows twice, we'll make that 1 twice in error we didn't go back to the other.

The Unexpected Boys were the best I've seen on HAL. Piano bar guys have been good and packed the space every night, especially Stryker.

But that's about it.

I agree the Unexpected Boys is an excellent show. I didn't know they played HAL. I've only ever seen them on RCI. It isn't too often these acts carry contracts on multiple cruise lines.

I agree the Unexpected Boys is an excellent show. I didn't know they played HAL. I've only ever seen them on RCI. It isn't too often these acts carry contracts on multiple cruise lines.

They were on the Amsterdam this summer; did two different shows. I went to both shows twice, as I enjoy them so much. I saw them on another HAL ship a while back, but don't recall which one, or the itinerary.

Another great group I've seen on HAL, and who also play several lines, is The Aussie Boys. That's another group I would go to both shows to see---even if it interfered with cocktail time! :D

Activities during the day are a little weak I will completely agree with the OP.

The main production shows aren't bad, no worse than any other line.

The various entertainment around the ship at night can be a little more sedate. Adagio Strings could be renamed Mortuary Strings as they only play funeral dirges.

About the only entertainment that I won't suffer would be a ventriloquist. Talk about WEAK entertainment choice. Watching someone cut grass with a dull pair of scissors is more entertaining than a ventriloquist.