1st Timer Question...Opinions needed

lilkickgang

We are taking our girls (7 & 11) on their first cruise over Thanksgiving. Qe have a stop in Cozumel and already have a reservation for Dolphinaris at 10:20 that morning, the rep said to allow 3 hours for this. Does anyome have any suiggestions for something we should do after this? Our ship does not leave port until 6:30...so we will have from 1:30/2:00 til 6:00...I was thinking of going to Chankanaab just for the beach and maybe some nearby shopping...any other suggestions or ideas of what we should check out that afternoon?

Thanks!

Kelly

We are taking our girls (7 & 11) on their first cruise over Thanksgiving. Qe have a stop in Cozumel and already have a reservation for Dolphinaris at 10:20 that morning, the rep said to allow 3 hours for this. Does anyome have any suiggestions for something we should do after this? Our ship does not leave port until 6:30...so we will have from 1:30/2:00 til 6:00...I was thinking of going to Chankanaab just for the beach and maybe some nearby shopping...any other suggestions or ideas of what we should check out that afternoon?

Thanks!

Kelly

You could catch a cab to Money Bar. No entrance fee, man made beach/sand area with stairs down to the water. Good snorkeling (rental equipment available), good food, reasonable prices. We love Money Bar.

You could catch a cab to Money Bar. No entrance fee, man made beach/sand area with stairs down to the water. Good snorkeling (rental equipment available), good food, reasonable prices. We love Money Bar.

I too love the Money Bar, but unless the two youngsters are strong swimmers and interested in snorkeling I would instead head to one of the beach clubs with a nice sandy beach.

Walk around town, grab some lunch, shop at all the little stores. Give the kids a small budget to pick out a souvenir, then help them with the bargaining process. They may have a blast trying to get that marionette or set of maracas for $1. Shop owners are generally really sweet to kids in town.

There's lots of fun places to listen to music and have a drink and some snacks. Very safe and tourist friendly.

Name-Bracelts.jpg.802c2650d72006fba1f9cb48ac948d0d.jpg

cozumel_downtown_shopping_231-152.jpg.98a7d95013a5891603045392d8cebb2c.jpg

514858188_Cozumel-Mexicoshops.jpg.a3b510c332c6728a865effe852633c94.jpg

Walk around town, grab some lunch, shop at all the little stores. Give the kids a small budget to pick out a souvenir, then help them with the bargaining process. They may have a blast trying to get that marionette or set of maracas for $1. Shop owners are generally really sweet to kids in town.

There's lots of fun places to listen to music and have a drink and some snacks. Very safe and tourist friendly.

Shopping is right up my alley?...lol. Where is this "town" area...is it back near the ship? Just figuring out about taxi etc. from Dolphinaris....thank you!

Kelly

Shopping is right up my alley?...lol. Where is this "town" area...is it back near the ship? Just figuring out about taxi etc. from Dolphinaris....thank you!

Kelly

The "town" area is San Miguel which is actually a small city. Depending on which pier you're at, you'll either be right in town (Punta Langosta) or you'll be 2 miles south (Puerta Maya or International Pier)

The "town" area is San Miguel which is actually a small city. Depending on which pier you're at, you'll either be right in town (Punta Langosta) or you'll be 2 miles south (Puerta Maya or International Pier)

Dolphinarus is between the south piers and town. You could walk from Dolphinarus to town or take a cab for a few bucks. I would recommend taking a taxi back to the ship (if you are at one of the south piers) as it can be along walk after a full day on the island. (and hot). Taxis are relatively inexpensive, so why not catch a cab. They are plentiful and easy to get. Be sure to have small bills for the cab drivers as they rarely have "change". :)

Cozmap.pdf

Dolphinarus is between the south piers and town. You could walk from Dolphinarus to town or take a cab for a few bucks. I would recommend taking a taxi back to the ship (if you are at one of the south piers) as it can be along walk after a full day on the island. (and hot). Taxis are relatively inexpensive, so why not catch a cab. They are plentiful and easy to get. Be sure to have small bills for the cab drivers as they rarely have "change". :)

Thank you for such great info and map...that sounds like a great plan!

Kelly