Live review with pics, Equinox, Oct 27, TA Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale.

cl.klink

joel.....are you sure you didn't spot the "ss minow" sailing towards the pot of gold this morning?

glad you're enjoying the sea days. i love them too, in fact, sometimes i wish the ship never stopped but just sailed on and on. i don't get bored at sea. that's what verandas are for: reading, sunbathing, listening to symphonies and operas and sipping tropical drinks. my veranda is my own personal nest.

I do so agree with you! Watching the sea float by is mesmerizing, deceptively constantly changing, like watching a fire in a fire place, a waterfall waves rushing on the floor, or a fractal. It's a unique set of sensations. Could do it for a long, long time.

Speaking of the SS Minow, on the Halloween costume night here, several people dressed as the cast. A guy wore a red shirt and tan hat to be Gilligan, another a blue shirt with a captains looking hat to be Skipper, one guy had a blazer with an emblem on it to be Mr. Howell, and so on. Looked really neat and simple / easy to do (even for a one bag packer like me!), as well as topical. If I ever sail on Halloween again, will coordinate something like it on my roll call, I think.

- Joel

Thank you, I now know what happened, I automatically went to "last" page that day and missed the important packing section which was on the 2nd to last page. I thought the 2 of us did pretty good getting everything in a large duffle style bag for our next cruise. Doubt if I could do what you do, my makeup bag would take up too much room--not just makeup, but all the other stuff, tooth brush, paste, perfume etc(for that alone it would have to be checked) All my evening clothes are wrinkle proof and I put them in zip bags, I have my sketchers thick shoes for cobblestone streets, 1 pair heels and the flat shoes that I'll wear on the plane. Have to rethink getting a scottievest/jacket. Thanks for all your tips and info.

Thank you, it has been fun following you on the trip. Did you ever find the relaxation lounge?

I've learned a lot from your trip, especially the one suitcase packing list.

Welcome home, it is going to be cold this week, especially Wed and Thursday.

Cherre

Joel, I think we all will be hoping Wallie finds your surprise...and hopefully he will share it with us. If not, please don't keep us in suspense!

I have so enjoyed this voyage with you; your reviews and stunning pictures were awesome! Thank you again for a wonderful thread. So looking forward to getting on the Equinox on March 6th.:D:D

Have a safe and uneventful trip home!:):):)

Maryann

Thank you, it has been fun following you on the trip. Did you ever find the relaxation lounge?

I've learned a lot from your trip, especially the one suitcase packing list.

Welcome home, it is going to be cold this week, especially Wed and Thursday.

Cherre

I did go to the Persian Gardens. It's deck 12. You go to the spa. They give you a special key. Really did like it. Tile lounge chairs shaped in a way that felt comfortable, with some heat coming through to ease sore muscles. Spa-ish music. Gaze out to sea. Very relaxing. Liked it.

- Joel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joel, I think we all will be hoping Wallie finds your surprise...and hopefully he will share it with us. If not, please don't keep us in suspense!

I have so enjoyed this voyage with you; your reviews and stunning pictures were awesome! Thank you again for a wonderful thread. So looking forward to getting on the Equinox on March 6th.:D:D

Have a safe and uneventful trip home!:):):)

Maryann

Appreciate the nice words.

Let's let him spill the beans!

- Joel

Guest USC Traveler

joel...what did you think of the spring harvest restaurant?

btw, the drink package included in the new promotion is the classic drink package. not being a huge drinker, that package will do me very well. someone listed the types of drinks and brands included in this package. it's on the celebrity website and very useful. did you have that package on this voyage?

if you like visiting the caribbean, why don't you consider taking the 10 day equinox cruise on march 25, 2016. that's the one i'm booked on. actually, it's easter week and a little bit more. i would really like to meet you and your wife.

Edited by USC Traveler

Thank you so very much for sharing your cruise and touring experiences. Your photos are awesome - so many beautiful port photos and outstanding photos of the ship. I almost felt as I was traveling along with you (we had to cancel the cruise). Have a good trip home!

joel...what did you think of the spring harvest restaurant?

btw, the drink package included in the new promotion is the classic drink package. not being a huge drinker, that package will do me very well. someone listed the types of drinks and brands included in this package. it's on the celebrity website and very useful. did you have that package on this voyage?

if you like visiting the caribbean, why don't you consider taking the 10 day equinox cruise on march 25, 2016. that's the one i'm booked on. actually, it's easter week and a little bit more. i would really like to meet you and your wife.

Did not get a drink package this time. Will try it next time though.

Would love to join you in March but will be working a while before taking that much time off again for a while.

We ended up going with some new friends to Tuscan Grill. Closed down the place. Walking out near 11pm there were still a few stragglers in Ensemble lounge listening to live Jazz. Nice way to end the cruise.

On way back to our room last night so so many unenlightened bag packers. These people obviously did not read my stuff on one bag travel!

00710b87b1a13a2ac00c6daab93bac1f.jpg

Guest USC Traveler

joel....the ship that came in was the caribbean princess. some good friends of mine from boston were on it. they did a 5 day and 4 day cruise on it.

remember, i'm talking about 2016, so it's still a long way off and plenty of time to work and save for the cruise.

have a very safe and uneventful flight home. do you fly into st. louis? i'm not sure where columbia, mo is exactly.

its been great to converse with you on the roll call.

joel....the ship that came in was the caribbean princess. some good friends of mine from boston were on it. they did a 5 day and 4 day cruise on it.

remember, i'm talking about 2016, so it's still a long way off and plenty of time to work and save for the cruise.

have a very safe and uneventful flight home. do you fly into st. louis? i'm not sure where columbia, mo is exactly.

its been great to converse with you on the roll call.

Really? I guess that makes sense. I could see that big movie screen as it came in and I guess the Princess ships have those often, right?

2016 is a possibility. Email me at jishenker on yahoo and we can discuss.

Enjoyed dialoging with you too. Thanks for following.

- Joel

So sad to leave this nice ship and end this enjoyable trip. Booking another cruise while on board has reduced the post-cruise depression I'm otherwise now entering. But, man, it's hard going back to being normal again.

Writing this post has been fun. I've been much more of a watcher on CC than a participator, and I certainly know a lot less than many of you. Thanks to those who have followed. Apologies for the many typos from this text correcting thing on iPhones and iPads, and for my occasional factual errors (if only all the room service stuff was free!). My goal was to give a sense of being on a trip, and of enjoying it, both so some of you could be here vicariously, and so I can do so too when I look back on this later!

Bon Voyage!

- Joel