Does this sound right?

schlimazel_traveler

I just got off a VERY long call with Celebrity.

I had a reservation on a 5/31 cruise to Bermuda on the Summit, but needed to change the date to 5/24, plus I wanted to take advantage of the Bermuda All-in promotion.

The agent said I could do this without cancelling and re-booking.

However, the documents DO NOT say anything about the pre-paid gratuities or the drink package that the All-in promotion provides.

The agent said it would be added to the reservation in 7 business days.

I said, "That seems a little nutty, doesn't it, that my documents do not actually document the promotion?" And he assured me the call was recorded and that if anything went wrong and the promotional items weren't added as he said they would be, I could get it fixed.

This seems VERY odd. Does it seem possible that this is really how it works? I accept documents that don't match what I believe I've agreed to?

I'm not experienced with Celebrity at all, or really much with cruising in general. If this is normal and I should chill, let me know.

Nothing is certain until you get it in writing.

On the one hand I've read of similar concerns where everything worked out fine. On the other hand there are numerous threads on this forum where someone in customer service said verbally something was all set but then the benefit never came through and there was nothing the cruiser could do since they didn't have it in writing nor any other proof. I've NEVER read a posting where someone said there was a dispute settled in their favor based on a review of a recording nor any reference to a recorded conversation being reviewed for any reason at all.

Edited by Lsimon

Sometimes changing a reservation does take a few days. I would give the Celebrity agent the benefit of the doubt and wait several days. I think you will find that all is well. Please let us know if it all happens the way the agent said it would! :)

A lot depends on what promos were on when you originally booked vs now

Bermuda All-In Promo which includes Classic Bevvy Pkg & Paid Daily Grats runs until October 31st.

If your current booking was the same price or more, and did not include any or all of these Perks you should come out ok (they will indeed just apply them to the same booking number)

We ran into this back in July when we booked our December Cruise.

I booked when the Promo was 123Go (we chose Classic Bevvy) plus $ 100 OBC, with that offer showing an expiry of July 31st

2 weeks later (still in July) there was a Holiday Sale on... With our Cruise showing rates more than $ 200 less per person plus the Promos (123Go & OBC)

I called Celebrity

I got it all... 123Go (Classic Bevvys for 2) + $ 100 OBC + Holiday Sale Pricing

Mind you it took awhile... I spent about 1 Hour on the phone... Most of it ON HOLD in some format or other (waiting to have my call answered - Rep checking with a Supervisor etc) but ya in the end it did happen... So well worth the wait. Lol, easiest $ 400+ I have ever earned in an hour.

What they did do was issue me immediately a copy of my NEW Invoice by Email * ... So I got to see it all, confirm it was ok before I got off the phone

I ALWAYS do that when I spend any money (or book something) with Celebrity... Get it in writing

Honestly, the only reason I could think of them mentioning a 7 Day Delay is they might be referring to a Refund to your Credit Card

Is it their intention to cancel your current Booking, Refund your Deposit, and then do another Booking for you ?

That sets up a red flag for me... In that it "could" mean that the original booking and the currently listed Bermuda All-In Promos don't jive / dovetail together

Cause in my case where they did they did not cancel my Original Booking Number... They just applied the more recent promo to it (like I said a lot of it had to do with the Expiry Dates overlapping)

Hope this helps some...

No matter what happens, do come back and give us an update when all is said & done

Cheers!

Ps... * My Holiday Booking Invoice in the end showed my reduced pricing, the code for 123Go Bevvy Pkg, and further down the page the $ 100 OBC

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I've NEVER read a posting where someone said there was a dispute settled in their favor based on a review of a recording nor any reference to a recorded conversation being reviewed for any reason at all.

I have had just one situation where, many months after the transaction, I realised that my printed documentation did not reflect what I believed was agreed at the time. I spoke to Celebrity [in the UK] who, initially, insisted that what the documentation said was correct. I had made a note of who I had spoken to, on what day and at what time. [i always do this when using the telephone but this is the only time I have ever had to use the information.] I was passed to a supervisor who explained that, if the transaction had been recorded, it had not been retained and that what I believed had been agreed would be honoured.

A bit of an update--I called to ask an agent to check whether the Bermuda All-In promotion was, indeed, noted in the reservation in their computer system as the agent I spoke to a week ago said it was.

Of course, it was NOT.

He came back to tell me that there was a $200 price increase, but that somehow he'd managed to convince the Powers that Be to honor the rate I booked last week.

Then he sent me documentation that STILL didn't note that the All-In promotion was applied.

Now I'm on a very long hold waiting for him to come back from going somewhere to fix it.

I am beginning to understand why people use travel agencies.

I have NEVER ONCE gotten documentation that said exactly what the agent on the phone said it was going to say. I take notes!

Now at least I've learned that I will not hang up the phone until I've reviewed the documentation.

Good words of wisdom, I agree. I always ask for an immediate email confirmation and stay on the phone with the agent until I receive the new confirmation to make certain I am receiving what has been promised.

Marion

Why does Celebrity have to make everything so hard to do. In today's world this should be something very easy to do. There call centers are nothing but a Big joke and there agents most of the time don't know what there doing. Thank God for travel agents and I no longer have to deal with these people. Have to admit the onboard experience is very good

Edited by cpj

A bit of an update--I called to ask an agent to check whether the Bermuda All-In promotion was, indeed, noted in the reservation in their computer system as the agent I spoke to a week ago said it was.

Of course, it was NOT.

He came back to tell me that there was a $200 price increase, but that somehow he'd managed to convince the Powers that Be to honor the rate I booked last week.

Then he sent me documentation that STILL didn't note that the All-In promotion was applied.

Now I'm on a very long hold waiting for him to come back from going somewhere to fix it.

I am beginning to understand why people use travel agencies.

I have NEVER ONCE gotten documentation that said exactly what the agent on the phone said it was going to say. I take notes!

Now at least I've learned that I will not hang up the phone until I've reviewed the documentation.

Hi there,

Can you please send us an email to concerns@celebrity.com so we can check for you. Please include your reservation number and your Cruise Critic username. Thanks!

Nothing is going to change with there call centers until they start hiring qualfied people. They also have to find a way to keep people so they dont have so much turnover. Lets face it it not a good job, or they would not have so much turnover. This is what low wages and part time gets you unqualified people who only aree waiting for something better to come along.