Adding person to onboard acct

sunscreen

Question for those who have added person to their onboard account from another reservation. My husband and I booked our cruise. 18 yr old Son decided he wanted to come. Was cheaper to add him into one of our friends staterooms then ours. They currently got a 50 OBC for both people inside the stateroom my son is in. If I link his acct to our onboard acct, does he get 25 OBC carry over with him or does it just stay to that room? I was thinking it would just stay with the room and then I would deduct $25 off the cost of his share of the inside stateroom. Hope I've explained this well enough. :p

Question for those who have added person to their onboard account from another reservation. My husband and I booked our cruise. 18 yr old Son decided he wanted to come. Was cheaper to add him into one of our friends staterooms then ours. They currently got a 50 OBC for both people inside the stateroom my son is in. If I link his acct to our onboard acct, does he get 25 OBC carry over with him or does it just stay to that room? I was thinking it would just stay with the room and then I would deduct $25 off the cost of his share of the inside stateroom. Hope I've explained this well enough. :p

I am afraid not.

There are so many questions in here.

Let me start with one:

If your friend received $50 OBC for his cabin, and you are putting your son in there in order to save YOU money, why is he getting ANY of the friend's OBC?

OBC stays with the cabin..and in this case with the person who booked it originally..Why would your son be entitled to it..:confused:

Oops..sorry MM I guess I was typing while you were answering ;)

Edited by Ashland

Sorry I guess I didn't explain myself enough. My son is sharing the cost of the cabin with their son. 50/50 They were getting two cabins anyways for their party of 4. So each person is entitled to their share of the 50 OBC since the cost of the cabin is split evenly betn the two boys. I thought the OBC was applied directly to the room. Question answered. tks

Not sure this answers your question or not. The depends if your son and friend are on one reservation or separate. If on one, then it'll be applied to only one account. If separate reservations, then it'll be applied to his account. It shows up, usually a few days into the cruise, as a credit on one of the accounts.

When you fill out your SetSail pass you will add a credit card. At this point there is an option to add "other guests" to your account. You simply link him up to your credit card and he will be on your account. I suspect that if he has a separate reservation with $50 OBC on his reservation then it will show up on your account. Take his reservation invoice with you and if it isn't there then go to Guest Services and get it added. When the SetSail is filled out for him, you won't enter any credit card info, only his passport, etc. If you want you can do one SetSail for both in the room, or you can fill out one for each person.

Sorry if this is a bit complicated. You'll see when you fill out your SetSail how easy it is.

Sorry I guess I didn't explain myself enough. My son is sharing the cost of the cabin with their son. 50/50 They were getting two cabins anyways for their party of 4. So each person is entitled to their share of the 50 OBC since the cost of the cabin is split evenly betn the two boys. I thought the OBC was applied directly to the room. Question answered. tks

RCCL will apply the OBC only the lead person on the reservation. If the other person is the lead than you have get that person to go to Guest Services to have half of it credited to your son. That might be tricky. Don't count on your son getting half of the OBC. Though the other family would have booked 2 cabins anyway, it's reasonable think that they're the one's doing you the favor and believe the entire OBC should stay with them being they would have had it all anyway if you son did not come. Personally I would not chase the OBC. Let it go as you saved money by not having to pay a single supplement fare for your son.

Edited by xxoocruiser