Has anyone ever cruised at Thanksgiving?

My second cruise ever was over Thanksgiving, and we had a great time! I spent Thanksgiving morning swimming with stingrays and sharks:eek:, the afternoon on a tiny island in Belize watching the NFL, and the evening having a traditional turkey dinner on the Rhapsody.

I'm sorry for your loss, and I hope a new tradition helps you heal and remember the good times. After my dad passed away, my mom started taking all of us on cruises, and it really was a great way to be together as a family and build new memories.

How was it? I lost my husband this and cannot be home. We thought a cruise would be nice.

Sorry for your loss. I also lost someone very close to me this year and will be on my own for Thanksgiving. I decided to do something different and get away for Thanksgiving, so I will be on the Allure. I figure that I can be around people when I want and not when I don't. I also will try snorkling and flowrider for first time.

I wanted to say I am so sorry for your loss!

I just wanted to add that Disney World also does a good amount of Thanksgiving stuff, and major buffets in all the hotels; along with the Christmas parade is taped the weekend of Thanksgiving, so maybe a combined trip! As OP have said an excellent way to start new memories! You didn't mentioned if small children were involved! That's why I mention a possible combined trip.

We did a Med cruise in 2008 over Thanksgiving. The majority of passengers was pretty diverse. They asked the night before if we'd be interested in a turkey dinner, it wasn't on the menu for the week. It wasn't great but it was the thought and we had fun. We'll be on the Jewel out of San Juan next year for Thanksgiving.

Me and the wife celebrated our 20th anniversary on Enchantment of the Seas during Thanksgiving week ten years ago. We were in the jungle in Belize on Thanksgiving day, which I will never forget it We will be boarding Lady O this Saturday to celebrate our 30th anniversary. Decided to to be on the ship on our actual anniversary date this year (Nov. 3rd).

• 3 weeks later...
We are spending this Thanksgiving on the Allure. We were wondering if there is anywhere on the ship that will show the football games?

Big screens on ether side of the Aqua Theater. On Air Club too, deck 5, Royal Promenade.

Sorry for your loss. I also lost someone very close to me this year and will be on my own for Thanksgiving. I decided to do something different and get away for Thanksgiving, so I will be on the Allure. I figure that I can be around people when I want and not when I don't. I also will try snorkling and flowrider for first time.

Katrina, I am sorry to hear of your loss. I have been on my own for the holidays the last 5 years. I will be on Allure with you this year! A solo cruise over the holidays is great just for the reasons you mentioned. You can have company and alone time as you see fit. Look forward to meeting you!

Katrina, I am sorry to hear of your loss. I have been on my own for the holidays the last 5 years. I will be on Allure with you this year! A solo cruise over the holidays is great just for the reasons you mentioned. You can have company and alone time as you see fit. Look forward to meeting you!

Tina,

Thanks for the reassurance. It's 42 and chilly for us in Tampa this morning. Hopefully, it's warm for us next week! Looking forward to meeting you.

Kathleen

We sailed the Explorer last year for Thanksgiving. They didn't really do a traditional Thanksgiving feast for dinner. If I'm not mistaken, they didn't even have Turkey on the menu that evening. We still enjoyed ourselves, but we were expecting something more....

I loved being away for the holidays though.....it was nice.

Sorry for your loss. I lost my father this year and also not looking forward to Thanksgiving this year. Cruising over Thanksgiving is great! We have done many cruises during Thanksgiving week and they all had been great especially since the prices are not inflated like Christmas and New Years.

Hope you have a GREAT cruise!