Pleasing Upgrade

Bigdadofthesea

We were just upgraded from an obstructed ocean view to a balcony for free on the Ruby. I thought I had a big bargain originally at $229 pp plus a $200 pp OBC for a 5,day getaway. I guess not too many people want to go to Jamaica in November!

Edited by Bigdadofthesea

We were just upgraded from an obstructed ocean view to a balcony for free on the Ruby. I thought I had a big bargain originally at $229 pp plus a $200 pp OBC for a 5,day getaway. I guess not too many people want to go to Jamaica in November!

Congratulations on the upgrade. I have been to Jamaica twice and wish to never go back again. If I do, I will just stay on the ship. It is my least favorite island to go to. The only good thing is the Blue Mountain Coffee!

I guess each is own...as I LOVE Jamaica! Wonderful friendly people, love talking to the locals. If you've never been, please make a trip out to Dunn's River Falls! It is spectacular whether you climb to the top or just enjoy the beauty, also...try a Hummingbird alcoholic drink...fruity and creamy:). Have fun!

we are on the same cruise. haven't gotten an upgrade yet. I knew I should have booked a lower cabin but TA talked me into a mini suite at a major sweet price of $499 p/p. Would have rather had your deal and the free upgrade but there are never guarantees and this is our 20th anniversary. Wife thinks we have an inside cabin. In Jamaica we are doing the dolphin encounter and Dunn river falls and getting back on the ship. Only a few days until we board. Can't wait.

Congrats on the upgrade ! Same thing happened to us on the Ruby 4 day we did earlier this year. Booked an obstructed ocean view forward, then was moved to an obstructed ocean view midship & finally a balcony on the Baja Deck. First time ever having a balcony plus being upgraded those times. Have to add this has been the only time we have ever been upgraded in all of our cruises.

We have the Deet! The mini suite is a great anniversary surprise for your wife Dave. This is our first free meta upgrade. Still trying to figure how we got so lucky! Pam hinted on anther thread that she does not like to be mid ship. Maybe that will be a negative for us. It could be a tad noisy mid ship one deck under the Lido.

Congratulations on the upgrade. I have been to Jamaica twice and wish to never go back again. If I do, I will just stay on the ship. It is my least favorite island to go to. The only good thing is the Blue Mountain Coffee!

We always felt that way about Jamaica too until our last cruise and often stayed onboard. We docked at Falmouth. I do have to say Royal Caribbean did a great job building that port.If you dock there you could have a good time without leaving the pier. Lots of nice shops, restaurants and a Margaritaville with a pool.

We took a ship's excursion and had a great day in Jamaica. It was actually one of the best days of the cruise. However, I would not recommend going off the ship on your own in Jamaica. Better to be with a group.

BigDad: Congrats on the upgrade.

BigDave: If you haven't already considered the Ultimate Balcony Dinner, do so. We have done it for anniversary twice--once on the Emerald and once on the Caribbean. Both times were great.

We have the Deet! The mini suite is a great anniversary surprise for your wife Dave. This is our first free meta upgrade. Still trying to figure how we got so lucky! Pam hinted on anther thread that she does not like to be mid ship. Maybe that will be a negative for us. It could be a tad noisy mid ship one deck under the Lido.

I would put up with a little noise for a free upgrade like yours!

When choosing and paying for a pricier cabin I would be a little more picky but for a free meta upgrade such as yours don't worry too much.

Enjoy!

Geoherb, you suggest balcony dining over the specialty options? I will have to look into that.

I agree, the balcony dinner over the specialty restaurant! The service is wonderful, the food is outstanding. It would be a wonderful way to spend a romantic evening.