Hotels near Fenway/port of Boston hotel option

bean24

lots of websites can answer your specific question, so you must be looking for something more specific from us. There are 4 hotels I can think of within 1/4 mile of Fenway Park.

Let us know how we can help.

I think you would be a big help to the OP is you list the names of the hotels.:)

I think you would be a big help to the OP is you list the names of the hotels.:)

I could tie his shoes for him, too. Or I can teach him how to tie his shoes (I'm very good at it!).

But honestly, I can't believe he/she is just looking for a list of hotels in that neighborhood. There are dozens of websites that will do that for him/her.

But I'll list one, if that will help. http://www.kayak.com

It looks like the OP is looking for hotel rooms on 7/30/15 which is a Thur and Aug 7 & 8, which are a Fri and Sat.

My first question would be how much do you want to spend on a room and how many people? Boston hotels rooms tend to be as pricey as NYC hotel rooms, so the amount you can spend may dictate your location choices. The Thur night room rate will likely be much pricier than the Fri/Sat room rates.

My guess is that the OP may want to attend Red Sox games at Fenway. Unlike NYC where the ball parks are in the Bronx or Queens, Fenway Park is just a short distance west of downtown Boston and easily accessible by public transit. It may be desirable to stay near Fenway, but IMO it is not a necessity.

Another question would be whether the OP will have a car or if they are flying or coming by train or bus.

It looks like the OP is looking for hotel rooms on 7/30/15 which is a Thur and Aug 7 & 8, which are a Fri and Sat.

My first question would be how much do you want to spend on a room and how many people? Boston hotels rooms tend to be as pricey as NYC hotel rooms, so the amount you can spend may dictate your location choices. The Thur night room rate will likely be much pricier than the Fri/Sat room rates.

My guess is that the OP may want to attend Red Sox games at Fenway. Unlike NYC where the ball parks are in the Bronx or Queens, Fenway Park is just a short distance west of downtown Boston and easily accessible by public transit. It may be desirable to stay near Fenway, but IMO it is not a necessity.

Another question would be whether the OP will have a car or if they are flying or coming by train or bus.

Thanks that's it exactly. I have started looking at rates and they are definitely NY like. I will have my car, but I'm not sure I want to drive to Fenway. We are looking in the 200 range, but I saw on another post that there are some really not desirable areas, which is more of a concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I could tie his shoes for him, too. Or I can teach him how to tie his shoes (I'm very good at it!).

But honestly, I can't believe he/she is just looking for a list of hotels in that neighborhood. There are dozens of websites that will do that for him/her.

But I'll list one, if that will help. http://www.kayak.com

Of course I know about the websites. I was looking more for suggestions on decent areas, things to do etc.

What do you plan to do on the Thur night before the cruise? I'm assuming you are 2 people. If you don't have plans to sightsee, then your best option is to book a Hotwire hotel in the Newton/Waltham area. This will give you good access to I90 to drive directly to the pier and park after the rush hour. The hotels in this area will be much more reasonable and in a more suburban area with access to restaurants and services.

For post cruise I'm seeing a 4.5* hotel in the Kenmore/Fenway area for $197 plus tax that looks like it could be the Hotel Commonwealth. This is a very good deal if you are willing to prepay a hotel.

If you park at the pier, post cruise you might do better to leave your car in the port parking garage and take a cab to and from your hotel. The price will probably be less and you won't have to deal with driving in downtown Boston.

Of course I know about the websites. I was looking more for suggestions on decent areas, things to do etc.

And that we can easily answer. But that's not what you asked, and my psychic abilities are weak.

Agreed: Don't drive to Fenway. Parking is limited and expensive. Take the T, or if you're staying anywhere west of the Public Garden, walk to the ballgame.

As many details as possible would be helpful. I will be cruising as of tomorrow, but will be back in two weeks, so please be patient.

Thanks for your help, enjoy your trip