letting Carnival choose your room for a lower rate.

What is everyones opinion on letting carnival choose your room just to get a lower rate? Right now we have a perfect room on deck 7 aft so there are cabins above and below. Close to stairs and elevators for quick trips to lido buffet or aft pool bar. We can get $498 refund if we give up our room and let Carnival choose our room. What is your experience or suggestions?

AS always thanks,

Matt & Aubry

What is everyones opinion on letting carnival choose your room just to get a lower rate? Right now we have a perfect room on deck 7 aft so there are cabins above and below. Close to stairs and elevators for quick trips to lido buffet or aft pool bar. We can get $498 refund if we give up our room and let Carnival choose our room. What is your experience or suggestions?

AS always thanks,

Matt & Aubry

But I'm not all that picky about my location. If it's a long way to things, I figure I need the exercise. And I'm not a light sleeper, so not worried about noise issues. $498 sounds like a good chunk of cash! Would pay for the grats plus beverages (if you are inclined that way) or a couple excursions.

Did this on our upcoming Glory cruise at the end of November. Went from a balcony on deck 7 mid to aft to a balcony on deck 8 in almost the same general location. We will be below the buffet area but not too concerned about noise issues. Hopefully it will have been worth it to save $300.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I need to choose my location. I have mobility issues and prefer to be close to elevators. I'm afraid I'd be assigned a room far from elevators. The back of the ship is not an option for me. But for those who don't have a preferance it seems like a wise choice to take the offer. Extra OBC is never a bad thing. And you could possibly get a better cabin.

I booked a 7A obstructed balcony guarantee on Miracle for my upcoming Hawaii cruise and received my room assignment today. Carnival upgraded us to an 8J extended balcony mid-ship on Empress deck! Woot woot! Good times!

Taters

Well, we took a chance and took the lower rate. $498 was too much to pass up just to get "prime location". Hopefully we do not end up in the loudest room on the ship. But if we do, we will roll with and have a good time with the cash we saved :) 99 days to go!
If you like to imbibe, 498 will put a good dent into the cost of the Cheers program for the two of you.

AS always thanks,

Matt & Aubry

Have always got a better room than one we would have chosen....for instance, we always book interior rooms since we are only in the room to sleep and shower. We have always got OV rooms and once was lucky to get upgraded to a balcony at no cost the first day at sea.

Have always got a better room than one we would have chosen....for instance, we always book interior rooms since we are only in the room to sleep and shower. We have always got OV rooms and once was lucky to get upgraded to a balcony at no cost the first day at sea.

Hope you are right we had picked out a room but then switch. There still seems to be a lot of balconies available so long as we are not in a noisy place it will be fine.

AS always thanks,

Matt & Aubry

I was just curious

What were you booked under/ ES, Past guest? What was the better offer booked under?

Was the new offer before or after finale payment was due. thanks for you help. How did you find the better offer. Did Carnival call you?

I would have taken the money as well

Edited by Bases5

You have been on Fantasy class ships for 7 out of your 8 cruises and because of this fact, it's easier to get the better cabin upgrade comps.

We were booked in 2 inside rooms on deck 7 for our Christmas cruise. With the Halloween sale, I was able to upgrade to balcony guarantee and get over $350 on board credit for each room. It was just too good to pass up. We plan to surprise our daughters with the upgrade. Hopefully, I can keep the secret. This will be my first Tim in a guarantee room.

I was just curious

What were you booked under/ ES, Past guest? What was the better offer booked under?

Was the new offer before or after finale payment was due. thanks for you help. How did you find the better offer. Did Carnival call you?

I would have taken the money as well

I was Easy Saver and saw the offer under the Halloween Sale. We were before final payment. I just stumbled across it on the carnival website and called my Carnival PVP.

We are looking at this for an inside cabin. Carnival's website simply says $289 to allow them to pick the cabin. I talked to a TA today who indicted that would certainly land us in a upper/lower and we'd have to pay $50 more per person to get a guarantee rate that would protect us against getting an upper/lower. I couldn't even find that rate on Carnival's site. Anyone have experience with booking an inside cabin and letting Carnival pick the cabin?

We are looking at this for an inside cabin. Carnival's website simply says $289 to allow them to pick the cabin. I talked to a TA today who indicted that would certainly land us in a upper/lower and we'd have to pay $50 more per person to get a guarantee rate that would protect us against getting an upper/lower. I couldn't even find that rate on Carnival's site. Anyone have experience with booking an inside cabin and letting Carnival pick the cabin?

Although it is possible, I cannot remember anyone who booked an Inside Guarantee reporting that they got the upper/lower cabins. Seems like they are usually booked for kids with the parents across the hall or for solo cruisers. We have done inside guarantees before and wound up with decent rooms although the Guarantees usually seem to be either close to the back or close to the front of the ship.

Thanks for the quick replies. We haven't sailed Carnival in more than 30 years but this cruise could possibly fit the bill for a last minute get away. Think I'll call Carnival today and see if they can explain what appears to be two levels of guarantee bookings offered through the travel agents.