FLL Pier Question

Toad

After a whole lot of calling around and a lot more confusion in trying to find a hotel in Fort Lauderdale where we can leave our car for ten days while we cruise, we have decided to park right at the pier. However, I have no idea how to find out where the Noordam will be docked on November 24th, or if we will be able to secure a parking spot on that day. The additional amount charged by the better hotels in FLL for parking for ten days was more than parking directly at the pier. Some were as high as $21.00 per day for leaving the car, and an additional cost for transports to the pier.

I don't know if others have experienced this problem or not but I am very frustrated. Can you please tell me if you have parked at the pier before and was it convenient and easy to do? I am thinking of staying outside of FLL the night before and just driving in the day of the cruise. Does this seem crazy?

We have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Dania Beach and left our car there for a week with no charge for parking. The Homewood Suites on Griffin Road also has free parking (at least for a week). We have never needed ten days of parking, so I can't speak to that.

The Cruise and Park package includes free transport one way to the pier.

Hope this helps.

wow - $21 a day - personally would never pay that much. We stay at a Hampton Inn and will pay $8 a day with a discount after 8 days to $6 if I remember correctly as we are using points for the hotel so do not use a stay and cruise package. The port shuttle is free for both ways, while some hotels charge for a return pick-up. Check around for a better stay and cruise hotel deal. The FLL CC section should be able to help with this. Have also used an off-site parking facility, Park N Go, which is very reasonable and you can make a reservation, prepay, drive right in after showing your email receipt, they pick you up at your car, take you right to your ship and will be there when you dock on return. We are on the same cruise and even though it is a 5-hour drive for us to FLL, we go down the afternoon before a cruise so we start the cruise with a leisurely day rather than fretting about a flat tire.

HAL ships usually dock at pier 26 but this is never final until they get to port. When you get to the port entrance, the guards will know where she is docked and the nearest parking structure. if you decide to park at the pier. We like the shuttle service from hotels / off-site parking as they drop you right at the correct pier terminal entrance and help you unload your luggage. Have seen people schlepping their luggage from the parking structure - not my idea of a good time. The monster ships leave on the week-end and with the unbelievable deals being offered in Nov, the pier ramps may be full.

Edited by take us away

It's scheduled for #26 right now. HAL is also using #19 & #21, and #29 this season.

As you get closer to your departure date, you can check here:

https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webclient/public/PublicMovements.aspx

Thanks this is very helpful. Unfortunately we do not know the FLL area at all and have been told leaving the car in some areas may be a bit of a gamble. Every time I think I find a good deal, I read the reviews and they are not so great.

Does the port direct people elsewhere if their lot is full? That sounds like a nightmare driving around on the day we plan to leave trying to find parking.

wow - $21 a day - personally would never pay that much. We stay at a Hampton Inn and will pay $8 a day with a discount after 8 days to $6 if I remember correctly as we are using points for the hotel so do not use a stay and cruise package. The port shuttle is free for both ways, while some hotels charge for a return pick-up. Check around for a better stay and cruise hotel deal. The FLL CC section should be able to help with this. Have also used an off-site parking facility, Park N Go, which is very reasonable and you can make a reservation, prepay, drive right in after showing your email receipt, they pick you up at your car, take you right to your ship and will be there when you dock on return. We are on the same cruise and even though it is a 5-hour drive for us to FLL, we go down the afternoon before a cruise so we start the cruise with a leisurely day rather than fretting about a flat tire.

HAL ships usually dock at pier 26 but this is never final until they get to port. When you get to the port entrance, the guards will know where she is docked and the nearest parking structure. if you decide to park at the pier. We like the shuttle service from hotels / off-site parking as they drop you right at the correct pier terminal entrance and help you unload your luggage. Have seen people schlepping their luggage from the parking structure - not my idea of a good time. The monster ships leave on the week-end and with the unbelievable deals being offered in Nov, the pier ramps may be full.

which Hampton Inn?

Toad,

We have parked at the Midport Parking Deck, Pier 26, many times and it is very conveinent, cost is $15/day. The last time we disembarked I asked the porter if he would take our luggage to the deck we were parked on and he did, for a tip of course. Load you luggage and you are on your way. On the front end drop your luggage off at the pier, along with the spouse, then go park your car. It is inside the port so security is great.

We have looked at hotels but their cost is as high if not higher even if you stay prior to a cruise. I don't want to leave my car in the open in a lot outside the port, just my opinion. In the deck is is away from any possibility of nasty weather.

Good Luck

After a whole lot of calling around and a lot more confusion in trying to find a hotel in Fort Lauderdale where we can leave our car for ten days while we cruise, we have decided to park right at the pier. However, I have no idea how to find out where the Noordam will be docked on November 24th, or if we will be able to secure a parking spot on that day. The additional amount charged by the better hotels in FLL for parking for ten days was more than parking directly at the pier. Some were as high as $21.00 per day for leaving the car, and an additional cost for transports to the pier.

I don't know if others have experienced this problem or not but I am very frustrated. Can you please tell me if you have parked at the pier before and was it convenient and easy to do? I am thinking of staying outside of FLL the night before and just driving in the day of the cruise. Does this seem crazy?

We always use the midport parking lot in Port Everglades when sailing with HAL. We have never had any problem getting a parking space in this garage. We sail every year on the weekend before Christmas which is the busiest weekend of the year and have not had any problem.

If you are really concerned about getting a parking space in the garage, plan on arriving around 10 am or so, as passengers that are disembarking will be leaving the garage around that time (or just prior to).

This garage is used for all visitors to the ships, so there is constant movement within the garage. We always try to park second level or higher and in the interior of the garage. Every once in a while, storms will pass through that can produce flooding or strong winds. One year we returned from a Holiday cruise on Maasdam and were parked facing the water. We literally could see into the Dining Room of Maasdam from our car. When we returned 2 weeks later, we needed to clean the windshield (it was filthy) with paper towels and windex--windshield wipers and spray were not doing very much.

Toad,

We have parked at the Midport Parking Deck, Pier 26, many times and it is very conveinent, cost is $15/day. The last time we disembarked I asked the porter if he would take our luggage to the deck we were parked on and he did, for a tip of course. Load you luggage and you are on your way. On the front end drop your luggage off at the pier, along with the spouse, then go park your car. It is inside the port so security is great.

We have looked at hotels but their cost is as high if not higher even if you stay prior to a cruise. I don't want to leave my car in the open in a lot outside the port, just my opinion. In the deck is is away from any possibility of nasty weather.

Good Luck

I agree that Midport Parking garage is very convenient. And yes, porters will take your luggage to your car at your request. No need to schlep it if you do not wish to. You can also have your spouse wait with the luggage in front of the terminal while you get your car.

Your car is safe within the port as there is security. I also like the idea of parking in a garage rather than a lot.

we had a lot of congestion in the mid garage last year as we were parking right as they disembarked and the garage was full. this year we are leaving our hotel just a little later and should have no problem. we always stay at holiday inn express right by the port but parking is also a gamble...no security.

Toad - we stay at the Hampton Inn in Plantation. It is quiet, across from a big mall with lots of restaurant options close by, a decent breakfast in the morning and the free port shuttle. Reserve a shuttle time when you check in and register our car if you chose this option. Should be able to find similar options using the cruise and stay packages at many area hotels.

Don't be frustrated or worried any more. We always park at the Midport Garage when sailing HAL (or the North Garage when sailing ships that dock at the north end) and it couldn't be simpler. When you go through security there is a big board that tells you each ship's pier number and better yet the security guard tells you exactly where to go. DH drops me off with the luggage at our ship's pier and they take it from me while DH parks the car across the street and he walks right back where I am waiting. It couldn't be easier or more explicit.

Have a small piece of paper to write down what floor you are parked on and put it in your wallet. Yes, you will forget by the time you return. You can hear panic buttons going off throughout the parking garage with people trying to find their car. ;)

You may want to look into FLL Airport remote parking its around $7 or $8 a day and a cab from the parking area and to the ship is around $30.00 to the Port and the same from the port. I have done this a couple of times.

I have also stayed outside of Fort Lauderdale as far away as Sunset and the La Quinta there has a Parking package and they may have a shuttle to the Port but we just usually took a cab from the hotel.

The Fairfield Inn on Griffin Road also has free parking for 21 days and a shuttle to the cruise port for $8 pp. Also has a return shuttle for which you sign up prior to leaving. Very convenient. Done it many times and never a problem. If you are cruising longer than 21 days, extended parking is $3 per day for each additional day. Cannot beat the price.

Terri

You may want to look into FLL Airport remote parking its around $7 or $8 a day and a cab from the parking area and to the ship is around $30.00 to the Port and the same from the port. I have done this a couple of times.
We use ParkNGo, on Eller Drive, just outside the mid-port gate for $8/day prepaid - and a free shuttle each way. That'll save you two cab ride costs and be much quicker. (Non-pre-paid is $12/day however.)

Edited by jtl513

Park'n Go is right outside the Port. Superb van service. They meet you as you arrive at the lot, help you unload the car, put your bags on the van and you are off to the ship in a few minutes. Call them as you clear customs on return and they will be right there to pick you up. They may even have a van waiting, anticipating your return. The van will deliver you right to your car. Daily charge for our New Year's cruise is $7.99. 24/7 Security.

Park'N Go 1101 Eller Drive, Ft. Lauderdale 888 764-7274.

Have a small piece of paper to write down what floor you are parked on and put it in your wallet. Yes, you will forget by the time you return. You can hear panic buttons going off throughout the parking garage with people trying to find their car. ;)

Or take a picture with your phone of the car's location. :)

Thanks to all who have replied. We have decided to stay about an hour outside of FLL, the night before our cruise and drive in to the port the morning we depart. We will then park in the cruise port parking as most people seem very satisfied with this, and report it to be little or no hassle.

We are heading to FLL from the north, so now, any suggestions of a good place to stay an hour or so North the Sunday prior to our cruise?

Toad, why an hour outside of FLL, we're staying in Coral Springs before our December 21 cruise at a Courtyard Marriott. About 14 miles from the port but still out of the high end hotels. Great Italian restaurant in Pompano Beach a short distance away, I mean GREAT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toad, why an hour outside of FLL, we're staying in Coral Springs before our December 21 cruise at a Courtyard Marriott. About 14 miles from the port but still out of the high end hotels. Great Italian restaurant in Pompano Beach a short distance away, I mean GREAT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sounds good, I am just not familiar with the area or Fort Lauderdale either. I will look that up. Thank you.