Breakaway Dailies Fl/Bahamas Oct 5-12, 2014 (Full Sized Pictures)

ncklhaus

• 3 weeks later...

Wow these were awesome, thank you for taking the time to post them!!! Very helpful especially to us being new to NCL :D

Does anyone have any experience with the pajama jam, we are bringing our 8 year old granddaughter and looking for things she would enjoy. This will be her second cruise and she loved the kids club on her first one, however any of the specialty parties that were listed ended up being cancelled due to lack of children interested, so we're hoping this time that she will have some of these types of things to do, thanks!!

Funny, I was just discussing which kids club events my now 8 year old daughter feels are cannot miss for our next cruise. She doesn't want to do the Pajama Jam. That's pretty much just a meet and greet with the Nick characters like Dora and Spongebob, with a buffet style breakfast that you pay extra for and wear your pajamas. She really doesn't want to miss the Pirate night/treasure hunt, fashion show, circus, and the last evenings pajamas party.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all the info. It will really help me & my family (husband, 3 sons (17, 14, & 9) & myself. We are going on the Breakaway on Nov 8th (will be our 1st cruise). We got an oceanview family suite The only scheduled excursion we have is Atlantis Aquaventure. Was looking to get a small cabana on the private island but they are all booked. I have a question will I be able to possibly book one on the boat?

Thank you for all the info. It will really help me & my family (husband, 3 sons (17, 14, & 9) & myself. We are going on the Breakaway on Nov 8th (will be our 1st cruise). We got an oceanview family suite The only scheduled excursion we have is Atlantis Aquaventure. Was looking to get a small cabana on the private island but they are all booked. I have a question will I be able to possibly book one on the boat?

I would check the site often too see if one opens up, especially around final payment time. You also may get lucky and get one on the ship, but I don't know if that happens much.

We are also on your sailing! It will be me, my husband and 8 year old daughter. If your youngest goes to Kids Club, they will be in the same group. Go over to the roll call page and join us. Welcome to cruise critic!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
We actually changed to November 8, 2015. We couldn't wait until April. :D

Thank you so much for taking the time to do your review! It was wonderful!

I saw your link when I was reading another Breakaway thread and was so glad I decided to check your's out. So much information and the pictures / dailies were great. This will be our 3rd cruise on this ship so we are familiar with it but reading and seeing your postings has certainly enhanced our anticipation!!

So glad you didn't give up on your review. :D

We are also on the Nov. 8th sailing. Our plans are similar to what yours were: staying on ship in Pt Canaveral and probably in Nassau. Maybe just get off in Nassau for a short walk around on solid ground for an hour but than back to the ship to enjoy the emptiness!! We have a spa bal cabin so am still debating whether or not to get the Vibe passes. Hoping for good weather and warm temperatures.

20141008_142358_zpspqn6lcol.jpg

From the tender. I love this picture of the lone palm tree. It looks like they are planting a lot, notice the symmetry of the new stuff.

20141008_142438_zpsutfy0pzg.jpg

20141008_142532_zpshkgextlf.jpg

That's the Hippo Slide in the distance. It was AWESOME!! They charge $5 per slide or $20 for unlimited slides. If you prebook (we did) its only $15 for unlimited slides.

When you get off the tender the slide is all the to the right. We had the cabana, so we took the tram to the cabanas, all the way oin the other side of the island. The cabana had a refrigerator, safe, ceiling fan, lounge chairs, floating mats, table, chairs, chips, dips, bottles of water, and a shower behind it as well. I have many more pictures that I will upload tomorrow.

If you have the opportunity to get a cabana DO IT!!! Group Stirrup Day was one of the best parts of our cruise!

We have booked a small cabana for our Getaway cruise. Do we need to bring our own towels from the ship? I am loving your pictures and review by the way. Thank you for taking the time to post.:D

We spent a nice portion of the day Vibe. Melissa really wanted to be at kids club, so what kind of parents would we be to say no.

If you get a Vibe pass, there's no need to bring a pool towel. They have plenty there. They also spritz you with cool water and serve you fresh fruit skewers. Its heavenly. I just loved being in a hot tub with a frozen drink and fruit skewers. Whenever we were at Vibe, there were never more than 15 people there at a time.

The view of Nassau Bahamas from Vibe.

20141009_163216_zpsutrxz3d0.jpg

20141009_163549_zpsesvrxtxc.jpg

20141009_163403_zps1joyyyie.jpg

20141009_163415_zpsvhgcorwl.jpg

20141009_163556_zpsyfhdxvfy.jpg

20141009_163930_zps1dmoe756.jpg

Hi ncklhaus! I am just seeing your review for the first time and absolutely love it! I am sailing on the Breakway to Bahamas/FL in April and can't wait!

Can I ask you a question about Vibe? This is DEFINITELY where I need to be as I am not a fan of crowds.. how much was the weekly pass? Also, I am assuming this needs to be purchased on board and not something we can pre-pay? If so, did you get it immediately or know how fast the passes sold out?

Thank you for the wonderful pictures and review! Enjoying thoroughly.

Hi ncklhaus! I am just seeing your review for the first time and absolutely love it! I am sailing on the Breakway to Bahamas/FL in April and can't wait!

Can I ask you a question about Vibe? This is DEFINITELY where I need to be as I am not a fan of crowds.. how much was the weekly pass? Also, I am assuming this needs to be purchased on board and not something we can pre-pay? If so, did you get it immediately or know how fast the passes sold out?

Thank you for the wonderful pictures and review! Enjoying thoroughly.

We are also going again in April! Thanks for your kind words about the review. I can't wait to do another one. There is plenty that we didn't see last time:eek: There is so much to do on the ship.

Vibe passes were $79 per person for the week when we went but friends of ours just got off and they were $99 per person. In my opinion, totally worth it. You need to go immediately to Guest Services ASAP once onboard because I have been told they sell out FAST. We were lucky enough to get an early boarding number and get the first 2 passes. You cannot pre pay for them, at least not yet.

Thank you so much for taking the time to do your review! It was wonderful!

I saw your link when I was reading another Breakaway thread and was so glad I decided to check your's out. So much information and the pictures / dailies were great. This will be our 3rd cruise on this ship so we are familiar with it but reading and seeing your postings has certainly enhanced our anticipation!!

So glad you didn't give up on your review. :D

We are also on the Nov. 8th sailing. Our plans are similar to what yours were: staying on ship in Pt Canaveral and probably in Nassau. Maybe just get off in Nassau for a short walk around on solid ground for an hour but than back to the ship to enjoy the emptiness!! We have a spa bal cabin so am still debating whether or not to get the Vibe passes. Hoping for good weather and warm temperatures.

Thanks for posting. I hope you have a great cruise. We had to change back to an April cruise because I was diagnosed with breast cancer and I just started my chemo last week. By the time April 3rd comes, I'll be really ready for the cruise (with my new fake boobs:D)

We have booked a small cabana for our Getaway cruise. Do we need to bring our own towels from the ship? I am loving your pictures and review by the way. Thank you for taking the time to post.:D

No you do not need to bring towels. They will be in the cabana when you get there. They will also exchange your wet towels for dry whenever you need them. I have to say that the cabana is my favorite thing! I cannot wait to go back. Without the cabana, I wouldn't have had as much fun on the island. The shower behind it is a blessing just to rinse off the sand and salt water. The floating mats are great. Don't forget, they give you around 6 bottles of water. If you don't drink them, take them with you back on the ship. They are yours.

We are also going again in April! Thanks for your kind words about the review. I can't wait to do another one. There is plenty that we didn't see last time:eek: There is so much to do on the ship.

Vibe passes were $79 per person for the week when we went but friends of ours just got off and they were $99 per person. In my opinion, totally worth it. You need to go immediately to Guest Services ASAP once onboard because I have been told they sell out FAST. We were lucky enough to get an early boarding number and get the first 2 passes. You cannot pre pay for them, at least not yet.

Oh, you are on the April 3rd roll call! I am going that cruise date as well! :):)

This is a wonderful review! I love the ship as well, went to Bermuda on her back in June. You have to go to Bermuda.. It is beyond wonderful! So much to do and so easy since there is no rushing back..

Although the bahama itinerary is not the best, we are headed there on November 8 (your old reservation) just to enjoy the ship.. Hopefully GSC and using our marriott points at Atlantis..

We did Vibe as well, love it. This time we are going to try Ocean Blue, I got the 5 day dining plan.. Of course we took the UBP. Those mango meltdowns are too good to pass up.

We live in Southern NJ so it is a easy breezy trip to take.

I wish you all the best in treatment and recovery!!!

Your new boobs are going to be fantastic. I can say this, I am 44, big boobs and the originals. They look good in a bra only.. Ha! :)

Thank you again for this review!

This is a wonderful review! I love the ship as well, went to Bermuda on her back in June. You have to go to Bermuda.. It is beyond wonderful! So much to do and so easy since there is no rushing back..

Although the bahama itinerary is not the best, we are headed there on November 8 (your old reservation) just to enjoy the ship.. Hopefully GSC and using our marriott points at Atlantis..

We did Vibe as well, love it. This time we are going to try Ocean Blue, I got the 5 day dining plan.. Of course we took the UBP. Those mango meltdowns are too good to pass up.

We live in Southern NJ so it is a easy breezy trip to take.

I wish you all the best in treatment and recovery!!!

Your new boobs are going to be fantastic. I can say this, I am 44, big boobs and the originals. They look good in a bra only.. Ha! :)

Thank you again for this review!

Thanks so much. I had my first treatment last week and so far the side effects have been not too bad. Just really tired but unable to sleep. I'm a little achy but then again I always was. The worst thing right now is the taste and texture of food is off. Sweet tastes salty and water is slimy. Oh well, I guess that just means I won't be eating too much of the Halloween candy.:D

LOL about the boobs. I'm 44 also, so I know what you mean. :eek:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
The Captains reception was nice. They had a man in the upper level playing the guitar for some atmosphere. Servers were milling around with trays of finger foods and glasses of champagne and wine. We spoke with some of the guests and the Captain and some senior officers.

A quick video of the reception.

Hi JoAnn! First of all.......thank-you so much for the amazing reviews (I am following your 14 day caribbean one as well) :)

Just a quick question for you regarding the Captain's reception.......were there children present at all? We would love to go (staying in the haven this cruise), but I think Splash academy is closed at that time, so the only option would be to bring our kids with us?

Edited by jmae2002

Hi JoAnn! First of all.......thank-you so much for the amazing reviews (I am following your 14 day caribbean one as well) :)

Just a quick question for you regarding the Captain's reception.......were there children present at all? We would love to go (staying in the haven this cruise), but I think Splash academy is closed at that time, so the only option would be to bring our kids with us?

Thanks for following along. I will hopefully be finishing up the other review soon.

Yes! Your kids are welcome at the reception. My daughter loved it and played "Clumsy Princesses" during it with two other girls. They catered to the children with special non alcoholic beverages.