Breakaway Dailies Fl/Bahamas Oct 5-12, 2014 (Full Sized Pictures)

ncklhaus

Day 7, Sea Day Continued

We went to the Breakaway Theatre to watch the Kids Club Splash Academy show. I have to say it was much better than I thought it would be. I have videos of the show but I won't post them in order to respect the privacy of the other families onboard. I must say that my husband and I were crying by the end of the show. Our little girl was really growing up.

20141011_165803_zpswzlihz1f.jpg

Since tonight was our last night, we had to pack. Boo hoo. We really weren't ready to leave yet! Another week might be enough to see almost everything onboard.

After packing, we picked Melissa up from Kids Club and tipped them $100. They do not get a cut of the DSC and they really are wonderful. Some people have said that tipping them $100 is too much, but that was what we felt was appropriate. If Melissa spent 20 hours there, that's only $5 per hour divided among all of the staff in the club.

After packing and picking her up, Melissa and I walked around the ship for a bit and I took these pictures of the slides.

20141011_174558_zpsgwotflho.jpg

20141011_174554_zpsbcgvucyi.jpg

Melissa was a little hungry, and we didn't have reservations for dinner until 7:30, so I took her to the buffet. It was a Mexican theme tonight, and they had a really neat bread display.

20141011_180448_zps4re3xyrt.jpg

We met some of our friends in (you guessed it) Maltings. After a drink or two, we all went to Moderno for a farewell dinner.

Once again, dinner was fantastic! Melissa really wanted to go back to the Kids Club for the final event, the Pajama Party. By the time we were done with dinner it was close to 9:30. We told her she would not be going back and she was absolutely inconsolable. We did not give in. I know, we are horrible parents.

Here she is in Moderno crying about not going back to Kids Club. (Don't worry, she said it was OK to post these pictures. Now she thinks they're funny.)

20141011_205529_zpsjiqk4k1s.jpg

20141011_205557_zpsm3uodrsg.jpg

Not to be a pest since you are doing me a big favor but the best way for me would be if you could scan as a pdf file each page 3. That way I can just call them up and print without having to install new software on the pc - old school me!!! thanks Carol

Not to be a pest since you are doing me a big favor but the best way for me would be if you could scan as a pdf file each page 3. That way I can just call them up and print without having to install new software on the pc - old school me!!! thanks Carol

to copy each picture to your computer.

1. Left click the picture

2. select the icon next to the envelope its like a a down arrow going in a box.

3 select or create a folder on your pc to copy all pictures to.

Edited by shout19661966

We arrived at the NYC pier 88 around 10:10am. A porter quickly took our bags and we went right to security and breezed right through. There were only a few people ahead of us in the check in line. Within 5 minutes we were checked in, key cards in hand. And yes, the Soda stickers, Ultimate Beverage Package stickers, and Ultimate Beverage Package Stickers were already on them.

We had purchased a lot of onboard credit so we didn't have to put a credit card on file. Or so we thought. (I'll explain shortly)

We sat and waited, chatting with other guests. I had brought a hole puncher with me, so I punched holes I'm our key cards and put them on lanyards. Some other guests saw this and I happily punched holes in their cards as well. I even had extra lanyards with me so I gave out a few of those as well.

We boarded the ship around 11:30 in boarding group 5 and went down to Guest Services. Yep. Vibe baby!!

20141005_114711_resized_zpsbef498de.jpg

After getting our Vibe passes and pink wristbands, we dropped our carry on bags in our friends room. Our room wasn't ready yet, but our friends were on a back to back so theirs was. They suggested we go to the Main Dining Room Taste for lunch. This would be the only time we go there but it was delicious. I don't have pictures, but we had the Scallops Gratin (prepared like Escargot), Calamari, hubby had a burger, kiddo had chicken fingers and fries, and I had a salad.

After lunch we got our first drinks. I had a Bloody Mary which was the best I've ever had. They use the mixer Zing Zhang (I found it at Walmart last week and it brings me back to the ship ;) )

Then we heard the announcement that our room was ready, so we got our bags from our friends room and went to ours. We were in 8130, an M6, mini-suite with a large balcony. Oh My Goodness. The balcony is incredible!

20141005_122848_zpsjulwpycu.jpg

More to come shortly. I'm uploading more pictures.

Can you explain what the Vibe passes are? Thanks:p

Vibe is an adults only area on deck 17. You pay $79 per person for the week and only a limited number of passes are sold. You are issued a pink wrist band that you are supposed to wear (I made mine large enough to slide on and off and my husband kept his in his pocket) and they program your key card to open the door access it.

From Norwegian's Web Site:

"Guests will jump for quiet joy upon discovering this private retreat where they can connect with ocean – and disconnect from everything else. Exclusively for those 18 and over, Vibe Beach Club is resplendent with ocean views, an oversized hot tub, chaise loungers and a relaxing water feature – ideal for drowning out every last bit of stress. A full-service bar, water spritzers, chilled towels and skewers of fruit ease you even more into serenity. A limited number of passes will be available for purchase onboard at the Guest Service Desk. "

We scheduled a wake up call for 7am. I love that you just push the button on the phone for the wake up call and you set it through an automated system. We could have gone for breakfast if we wanted to but we declined.

What a shock to our systems coming back to NYC. When we left it was in the mid 60's. We came back to the mid 40's. Eek!

Anyway, we had booked car service through Groundlink and they were scheduled to pick us up at 10am. We had priority disembarkation (maybe because we booked Groundlink?) but there was a backlog of people using Easy Walk off. Apparently, many passengers chose not to pay attention to procedure and tried to leave before they were supposed to. The crew takes the luggage off the ship in a certain order and if you leave before your scheduled time, your luggage isn't ready yet.

Easy walk off started around 8, but due to the congestion caused by the people that don't listen, priority didn't start until 9:15. Priority should have begun shortly after or at the same time as Easy walk off.

We were off the ship and had a porter with a cart and our luggage through customs by 9:30. The porter took all of our bags all the way across the street and found us a safe place for our driver to be able to pick us up. A quick confirmation call to Groundlink with our location and we were in the car by 9:55. A very nice, easy ride home and in our house by 10:30.

I will post extra pictures of things I left out, like Carlo's Bakery and other things that pop in my mind over the next few days.

Feel free to ask any questions. I'll do my best to try and answer them.

I hope you all have enjoyed reliving our cruise as much as I did!:D

We loved the ship and purchased a cruise reward. I already booked a Breakaway 2 night cruise to nowhere for December 2015 just for me and my husband, and the 7 night same Florida, Bahamas, and Great Stirrup Cay itinerary for the 3 of us for April 2016 ( in the same stateroom!)

Oh my goodness. The pastries at Carlo's Bakery look so good! We didn't eat any on the ship but we did buy a lot of them to take off of the ship with us. We were told that only the cakes were 'remade in Hoboken, and the rest were made fresh on the ship. The staff at Carlo's Cameron the ship and specially trained the staff to make the other ingredients.

Almost all of the pastries traveled well, except for the Tira Misu which melted before we got home. The individual cheesecakes got pretty knocked around by us when we were waiting for car service. We were waiting on the corner across the street and down the block from the pier in front of what looked like an unused rusty door. Well, it wasn't unused. This guy, maybe 20 years old or so came out of it, knocked Melissa and most of our bags over (including the pastry bag) and just looked at us like it was no big deal. Melissa actually got hurt, the door slammed into her side and left a nasty bruise. Luckily the car service showed up at that moment because my husband wanted to go after the guy and confront him about his lack of concern for hurting a child.

Anyway, here are pictures of Carlo's Bakery.

20141008_170412_zpsjwyxaz3a.jpg

20141008_170417_zpspooutmii.jpg

20141008_170420_zpseyolgma7.jpg

20141008_170423_zpsvpvtoqb1.jpg

20141008_170425_zpsonb2df3c.jpg

20141008_170429_zpswu7ehau8.jpg

Enjoyed your review! Loved reading all of the details and the dailies. We're leaving on the Epic this Sunday - I know . . .different ship and itinerary . . .but close enough to get me even more excited. Counting the seconds. Thanks again.

Enjoy your Epic cruise! And you're welcome, I've enjoyed sharing. There will still be more to come. I will be posting more pictures and tips soon.

I had a cupcake from Carlos. It was just ok it was very dry. I wouldnt have one again/

We brought home the small Tira Misu, even though the "melted" the cream was outrageous. The small strawberry cheesecakes got knocked around so they weren't pretty when we got home, but they were also fantastic. As were the cannoli's, plain, chocolate chip , and chocolate glazed. Oh and I brought my parents the rainbow cookies and they said those we unbelievable.

I didn't try the cupcakes or cakes.

• 4 weeks later...
We slept in until around 8:30ish and then decided to go for breakfast at the Uptown Grill. The food there was fantastic. Bacon, eggs, egg sandwiches, etc. But my favorite thing there was the hash browns. Yummy goodness!

20141006_092736_zpsdjfkx49c.jpg

20141010_110500_zps7j2tiyca.jpg

20141010_110454_zpsgih25xkb.jpg

Weren't those hash browns to die for.

I'm booked in cabin 8126 for May 24, 2015. I can't wait to have that great balcony. Thanks so much for the great review and pictures.

Vibe is an adults only area on deck 17. You pay $79 per person for the week and only a limited number of passes are sold. You are issued a pink wrist band that you are supposed to wear (I made mine large enough to slide on and off and my husband kept his in his pocket) and they program your key card to open the door access it.

From Norwegian's Web Site:

"Guests will jump for quiet joy upon discovering this private retreat where they can connect with ocean – and disconnect from everything else. Exclusively for those 18 and over, Vibe Beach Club is resplendent with ocean views, an oversized hot tub, chaise loungers and a relaxing water feature – ideal for drowning out every last bit of stress. A full-service bar, water spritzers, chilled towels and skewers of fruit ease you even more into serenity. A limited number of passes will be available for purchase onboard at the Guest Service Desk. "

Joanne

Do u know if there is smoking permitted in the vibe

I was just reviewing my pictures and I believe I left out the chair hog. I only saw one, but it kind of took me by surprise. I hadn't seen one all week and this happened on Day 6, a sea day. Notice there are chairs stacked behind her. That is not because they weren't needed. Every available space for lounge chairs was being used. I almost broke my pinky toe a few times cracking into chairs trying to navigate the decks. This was on the upper deck. There was no more room to lay out on the pool deck this day. As I was informed, these are the extra chairs for the request for chairs on balconies and also the chairs that were supposed to be by the children's pool. Our balcony had 2 already, but we could have easily fit another 1 or 2. And remember, the kids pool was still closed, so all of the room was taken.

All of the chairs around us and the hog were taken. I'm almost positive the one behind her was taken by another one of her towels. And the one next to that has what looks like a book and hat on it. That leaves a single chair next to the pile of chairs. So in essence, she took 6 chairs and a small table all to herself. Nobody ever joined her there, and her hoggery was a topic of conversation with others around her. :confused:

20141010_124634_zpsdbk3ataw.jpg

20141010_124637_zpsbwyxokkk.jpg

• 2 weeks later...