Breakaway Dailies Fl/Bahamas Oct 5-12, 2014 (Full Sized Pictures)

ncklhaus

Thanks for taking the time to post the dailies and pictures, Joann. And what a beautiful family you have!

My family will be cruising on the Breakaway on March 8th - DH, DD, DSIL, DGD, and me. Oh, DSIL's mom, Sandi, as well. We're all first time NCL cruisers except for Sandi. We're getting the UDP and we may try to follow your schedule for restaurants.

Please post if there is anything that you would have done differently. Big thanks!

Day 3, Port Canaveral, continued

We had already done this itinerary and decided that we would not be getting off the ship in Port Canaveral. The ship was our destination.

This was our view when we woke up we were still at sea and we decided to try O'Sheehan's for breakfast. Oh wow. Yum. The service was fabulous and friendly.

20141007_105823_zpsuy110s3b.jpg

20141007_121854_zpsv03ty06x.jpg

20141007_121856_zpss68itnq8.jpg

As we were pulling into port this was our view. The weather was sunny and warm. It would be a perfect day to spend by the pool.

20141007_095638_zpspgkxkiet.jpg

The slides were unbelievable! Especially the ones in which the bottom drops out. The first time I tried it I forgot to breathe for a few seconds! Oh, and if you do it, cross your legs!!:eek:

We had a blast on the ship while so many people went off, it felt like we had the place to ourselves. There was plenty of room on the pool deck for everyone to get a chair. Although I did encounter a chair hog on one of the last sea days. (I've got a picture :D)

Tonight dinner was at Cagney's.

Cagney's Shrimp Cocktail

20141007_192016_zpsihqq6fml.jpg

Cagney's Baked potato soup

20141007_193223_zpsp68qcafp.jpg

Cagney's Fries

20141007_201245_zpsvvh3p5tt.jpg

That's all the food I took pictures of. Sorry.:o

Every bite was delicious as usual.

After dinner, we went to Shakers where we spent time once again listening to Angel play guitar and sing. We created another party. Seriously. By the time we left we had over 50 people dancing to his music. Every time he wanted to go take a break we would all chant "No break! No break! More music!" So he didn't take a break. :D

th_20141007_210431_zpshmolsao4.mp4

I'm not sure if anyone is interested in this post.

I've only had a few comments telling me that they are interested, and I truly appreciate it. But this takes a lot of time to do so I think I'll stop posting my thoughts on the cruise and just post the dailies from this point on.

Actually, since I've already posted the links to the dailies, I guess I'll just end it here.

I enjoyed my Breakaway cruise so much that we've decided to book a cruise to nowhere next December to tide us over until we can book a family cruise in 2016.

Safe sails to you all.

Oh, I'm sorry you're leaving. I subscribed to your thread and I've been enjoying it very much. Thanks for posting.

Thank you.:o If you want more, I will keep going. I don't know if there is a way to see if people subscribe, but I am truly touched that you did.

Today was our stop at Great Stirrup Cay. We were supposed to be able to tender there starting at 10:00am. We had reserved a small cabaña for the three of us for $349 with a $50 food or drink credit.

We had been to the island twice in the past and felt that the cabaña was what we wanted. In 2005, we went there with nothing reserved. We didn't know what to expect. It was before the tender docks were even built. They actually brought the tenders as close to the shore as possible, and then you waded in. It was hot. We had nowhere to sit. We found a nice shady spot near a rock wall.

The next time we went was in 2011. Wow, what a difference. The docks were built and there were more beaches. We had reserved a clamshell and once at the island rented a large round floating mat. We stayed at the island for about 3 hours and had a nice time.

This time we knew that the cabaña was what we wanted. We love a good beach. Once we arrived we knew we had made the right decision. Before the cruise we had been talking to people online that were on the same cruise as us and once onboard we met them and became fast friends. We invited them to join us at the cabaña (up to 6 people, we would add a 7th person). We decided to meet for breakfast at O'Sheehan's.

Breakfast at O'Sheehan's

20141008_083150_zpsqrly8uvs.jpg

We tendered to the island and were at cabaña 19 by 9:30am. Oh wow, we've died and gone to heaven.

20141008_124636_zps4fojg42g.jpg

20141008_124724_zpsgigrhws2.jpg

20141008_124744_zpsublpq785.jpg

20141008_133935_zpstyqiqop7.jpg

20141008_134102_zpsxcbqn1yr.jpg

Thank you.:o If you want more, I will keep going. I don't know if there is a way to see if people subscribe, but I am truly touched that you did.

Yes, please keep going JoAnn. I am THOROUGHLY enjoying your review, pictures and the dailies and have been eagerly awaiting then devouring your posts!!!

20141008_142358_zpspqn6lcol.jpg

From the tender. I love this picture of the lone palm tree. It looks like they are planting a lot, notice the symmetry of the new stuff.

20141008_142438_zpsutfy0pzg.jpg

20141008_142532_zpshkgextlf.jpg

That's the Hippo Slide in the distance. It was AWESOME!! They charge $5 per slide or $20 for unlimited slides. If you prebook (we did) its only $15 for unlimited slides.

When you get off the tender the slide is all the to the right. We had the cabana, so we took the tram to the cabanas, all the way oin the other side of the island. The cabana had a refrigerator, safe, ceiling fan, lounge chairs, floating mats, table, chairs, chips, dips, bottles of water, and a shower behind it as well. I have many more pictures that I will upload tomorrow.

If you have the opportunity to get a cabana DO IT!!! Group Stirrup Day was one of the best parts of our cruise!