Donate Magazines to Crew

Minne Wonka Girl

You do know that most of (if not all) the crew have lap-tops and internet where they can read just about anything.. especially when in port. Maybe donate them to the library where everyone else on the ship has the chance to read them - just like donating books for other passengers to read.

We have donated magazines to the library and also donated puzzles. We have also donated puzzles and games for crew use. We have spoke to the Captain Circle host and Passenger Services desk when arranging donations to go to crew. I think we may have also spoken to the cruise director on one occasion to help get some puzzles to the crew area.

We were chatting with a waiter one morning and the topic of magazines came up. The crew really appreciates getting current magazines to read. On that sailing their prior stockpile of magazines had been destroyed due to a ship-wide thorough cleaning after a noro-virus outbreak so they were especially looking forward to new reading materials.

Jackie

My DH reads fishing magazines, and one Emerald cruise our room steward asked if he could have one that was in the trash can. After his request, my DH put the ones he finished with on the cart in the hall. The steward was thrilled.

Next year, back on the Emerald, we saw the same steward and he remembered my DH because of the magazines. He got the ones from that trip, too.

Why not see if someone wants yours when you're finished with them?

You do know that most of (if not all) the crew have lap-tops and internet where they can read just about anything.. especially when in port. Maybe donate them to the library where everyone else on the ship has the chance to read them - just like donating books for other passengers to read.

You can also release books into the "wild" on your own or via something like BookCrossing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BookCrossing

Several years ago I think someone on the Royal Carribean board had talked about starting a ledger-type journal and leaving it in the library on Enchantment of the Seas for subsequent passengers to find and add their own entries. I'm not sure if anything ever came of that....