At least it wasn't Carnival this time

champagne123

I'm not familiar with this cruise line, but bad luck can happen any time to any cruise ship. It's good to know that no one was injured, and that the ship's crew did everything possible to ensure the safety of the passengers.

Edited by beachbum53

The story was on our local tv news but it was reported so badly that they didn't even tell us which ship!

Glad to know noone was hurt.

You're right. Not a mention of the line or ship name. I only knew due to a blurb I saw yesterday.

From a passenger in the CNN story:

"It was hot. People became overwhelmed, and there was no food, nothing," she said.

Who thinks "oh the ship is listing and I've got my life vest on standing at the muster station, but why are they not serving me dinner?!"

Methinks CNN is trying to make this out to be more dire than it was.

From a passenger in the CNN story:

"It was hot. People became overwhelmed, and there was no food, nothing," she said.

Who thinks "oh the ship is listing and I've got my life vest on standing at the muster station, but why are they not serving me dinner?!"

Methinks CNN is trying to make this out to be more dire than it was.

If there is no story, CNN wouldn't be reporting it. Not sure why they are always made the villain.

They just showed it on good morning America. They said the ship hit something, then they started showing pictures and I saw it listing and I was like OMG. They made it sound like no big deal and Wow that's not a small accident!

While this is regrettable, the silver lining may be that while the port deals with the obviously disabled vessel, others may escape the woeful stop in Freeport in favor of a more interesting destination, including a day at sea.

In the comments section below the article that the OP linked us to, is a first hand account from a passenger on this cruise. Read it if you get a chance. Sounds like it was an absolute nightmare!

Glad everyone is safe albeit scared and inconvenienced.

It's a ship that makes one way trips. You get on overnight - stay in a hotel a few nights, and get back on for the trip back. Not really a cruise ship, but an overnight gambling ship.

Although they do offer one way sailings, this one is different than the old Discovery Cruise Lines. Celebration Cruise Lines offers real, Roundtrip cruises to the Bahamas from the Port of Palm Beach. They operate just like the short cruises operated by the major cruise lines. You have your stateroom, meals, entertainment, you can book shore excursions, spa treatments, etc. The main difference is that there is a separate timeshare company that offers a "free" cruise on this cruise line as an incentive to go to their presentation, so you will be sailing with a bunch of people who will be using their free cruise.

From what I've read, they offer a fairly decent product as long as you're not booking through the timeshare company.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Although they do offer one way sailings, this one is different than the old Discovery Cruise Lines. Celebration Cruise Lines offers real, Roundtrip cruises to the Bahamas from the Port of Palm Beach. They operate just like the short cruises operated by the major cruise lines. You have your stateroom, meals, entertainment, you can book shore excursions, spa treatments, etc. The main difference is that there is a separate timeshare company that offers a "free" cruise on this cruise line as an incentive to go to their presentation, so you will be sailing with a bunch of people who will be using their free cruise.

From what I've read, they offer a fairly decent product as long as you're not booking through the timeshare company.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I haven't been on her, but have seen pictures somewhere of the interior. It's really nice inside. I understand the staterooms themselves are quite small. It's strange, but I just saw the ship last Monday while in Freeport. Outside looks dated, but I guess the interior makes up for it.

My parents just saw it while they were vacationing in Florida.. They considered going on it for a day or two but since neither had their passports they couldn't go May have been a blessing in disguise. I sent the email to my mom and she's in shock!!

I this on CNN. I was surprised that they did not post a picture of a Carival ship. Last time something was posted was a few months ago about a Princess ship I believe that had a Noro problem which was mentioned in the article CNN ran, but they showed a picture of a Carnival ship. I am not impressed with CNN.