At least it wasn't Carnival this time

champagne123

I this on CNN. I was surprised that they did not post a picture of a Carival ship. Last time something was posted was a few months ago about a Princess ship I believe that had a Noro problem which was mentioned in the article CNN ran, but they showed a picture of a Carnival ship. I am not impressed with CNN.

I never understand why this offends some customers. This morning there was a bank held up, and they showed a Citibank instead of a Capitol One.

Didn't faze me.

I this on CNN. I was surprised that they did not post a picture of a Carival ship. Last time something was posted was a few months ago about a Princess ship I believe that had a Noro problem which was mentioned in the article CNN ran, but they showed a picture of a Carnival ship. I am not impressed with CNN.

You beat me to it. CNN is still on a Carnival witch hunt. Must be taking them a while to find file footage.

I think that was a Royal noro death ship where they pulled up Triumph file footage again. :D:p

I heard CNN did two stories today, one on strife in Africa and one on aggression in the Middle East. In both, an image of a Carnival ship was superimposed in the corner of the screen.

Though I don't care for the reporting on CNN, I will now watch or record all their programming to document and protest this vilification of Carnival, my first born!

I went on this ship a couple of years ago. While you do have the options of staying in the Bahamas a couple of days, you can just do the 2 night cruise. We had an Ocean view room and it was quite nice. I would go on her again in a heart beat. Sad this happened, but glad everyone if OK.

I heard CNN did two stories today, one on strife in Africa and one on aggression in the Middle East. In both, an image of a Carnival ship was superimposed in the corner of the screen.

Though I don't care for the reporting on CNN, I will now watch or record all their programming to document and protest this vilification of Carnival, my first born!

If you look closely you might see in the fine print, "Powered by FAUX News" :D

Although they do offer one way sailings, this one is different than the old Discovery Cruise Lines. Celebration Cruise Lines offers real, Roundtrip cruises to the Bahamas from the Port of Palm Beach. They operate just like the short cruises operated by the major cruise lines. You have your stateroom, meals, entertainment, you can book shore excursions, spa treatments, etc. The main difference is that there is a separate timeshare company that offers a "free" cruise on this cruise line as an incentive to go to their presentation, so you will be sailing with a bunch of people who will be using their free cruise.

From what I've read, they offer a fairly decent product as long as you're not booking through the timeshare company.

Our now-18 YO son sailed on her three years ago with a friend and his mom. (Since he has been with us on all our cruises, he actually can claim a better cruise history than we can.:p) He liked it - certainly it wasn't really comparable to the other cruises he's experienced, but the food was good and the activities were fun.

I'm glad that CNN is on this. They'll stick with a story until the end. NBC will lead off in the morning with news that the world is ending, and by noon they're reporting on what shade of lip gloss Bruce Jenner is wearing today.

From a passenger in the CNN story:

"It was hot. People became overwhelmed, and there was no food, nothing," she said.

Who thinks "oh the ship is listing and I've got my life vest on standing at the muster station, but why are they not serving me dinner?!"

Methinks CNN is trying to make this out to be more dire than it was.

My understanding was that the incident happened around 9pm or so and everyone was evacuated by 2am. NO FOOD in that 5 hour time span!! They must've been starving, especially since it was right after dinner.

I'm supposed to be cruising on this ship on the 11/15 sailing. As of now, it has not been cancelled, sailings are cancelled through 11/7, but I was offered a refund if I chose to cancel now and make other plans, or I can cancel and get a $150 onboard credit if I chose another sailing later. We had just 2 days off work and no other cruise will work for us in those time frames with our existing flights, changing flights this close will result in change fees. We will wait to see if it is cleared to sail and if not will get a hotel and stay on land instead.

Becky

Edited by BeckyMax

My understanding was that the incident happened around 9pm or so and everyone was evacuated by 2am. NO FOOD in that 5 hour time span!! They must've been starving, especially since it was right after dinner.

I'm supposed to be cruising on this ship on the 11/15 sailing. As of now, it has not been cancelled, sailings are cancelled through 11/7, but I was offered a refund if I chose to cancel now and make other plans, or I can cancel and get a $150 onboard credit if I chose another sailing later. We had just 2 days off work and no other cruise will work for us in those time frames with our existing flights, changing flights this close will result in change fees. We will wait to see if it is cleared to sail and if not will get a hotel and stay on land instead.

Becky

I found one of the passenger interviews quite disgusting. Complained about no food:eek: and how hot it was. I was in the Bahamas 2 days prior, and the weather was absolutely perfect during the day, so evening would have been cooler.

I was on the ship a couple of years ago and had a great time. Bahamas Celebration is a former car ferry of about 35,000 tons. Very nice interiors, with an atrium lobby. Great food and service too.

The cruise line was created from the former Imperial Majesty cruise line which operated the late, great Regal Empress. SOLAS killed off Regal Empress, so this was her replacement.

When I was on board they had a bridge tour hosted by the captain!

It's sad that the time share thing gives them a bad reputation, we just booked with them direct and took a cat 3 suite, which was very nice.

They have a cruise / resort stay package also, but we just did the R/T cruise.

I found one of the passenger interviews quite disgusting. Complained about no food:eek: and how hot it was. I was in the Bahamas 2 days prior, and the weather was absolutely perfect during the day, so evening would have been cooler.

I was on the Norwegian Gem 10/29/12 when Sandy prevented us from porting in NYC. A woman on the ship called Faux News to say she feared we were running out of food and out to sea. Faux News asked her no questions, said nothing about the call. The only difference I noticed was no Chocolate milk at breakfast