Stay on Ship on Back-to-Backs?

RS79

My wife and I are doing back-to-back cruises in the Caribbean this December. We booked them as two cruises in order to get two credits towards elite status. Given that they are booked as two cruises, does anyone know if we can stay on the ship in Ft. Lauderdale on the day that the first cruise ends, and the second begins? Thanks

You will have to get off the ship to "go thru" immigration...the ship has to be zeroed out by all passengers when returning to a U.S. port...

You will get notification/instructions from Princess on where / when to meet that morning and they will lead all in-transit passengers off the ship, "through" immigration (so make sure to take your passport / ID) and as long as there are no stragglers holding everyone else up, they will lead you back on the ship within 30 mins. or so.

My wife and I are doing back-to-back cruises in the Caribbean this December. We booked them as two cruises in order to get two credits towards elite status. Given that they are booked as two cruises, does anyone know if we can stay on the ship in Ft. Lauderdale on the day that the first cruise ends, and the second begins? Thanks

If they can be booked as separate cruises but you actually book them as a single cruise Princess will still give you two cruise credits.

You will have to get off the ship to "go thru" immigration...the ship has to be zeroed out by all passengers when returning to a U.S. port...

You will get notification/instructions from Princess on where / when to meet that morning and they will lead all in-transit passengers off the ship, "through" immigration (so make sure to take your passport / ID) and as long as there are no stragglers holding everyone else up, they will lead you back on the ship within 30 mins. or so.

That has been my experience also. In addition we were given new cruise (key) cards for the 2nd leg of the B2B. As we were led off the ship the card for the 1st leg was deactivated. As we returned to the ship after visiting immigration our new card was activated.

Booking a back to back as a single cruise costs less. Last time I did a price search a B2B cost @ 5% more.

Sometimes it costs less, sometimes it is the same.

One thing to consider. If there is a price reduction, it may apply to an individual segment but not to the cruise if booked as B2B.

That has been my experience also. In addition we were given new cruise (key) cards for the 2nd leg of the B2B. As we were led off the ship the card for the 1st leg was deactivated. As we returned to the ship after visiting immigration our new card was activated.

On our Grand B2B this past Sept., we didn't get our new cruise card for the 2nd leg.

Went to the PSD and they pointed out the 1st cruise card was valid to the end of the 2nd leg.

They said this was a new new policy to just have the one card for B2B (and I would assume for B2B2B......).

On our Grand B2B this past Sept., we didn't get our new cruise card for the 2nd leg.

Went to the PSD and they pointed out the 1st cruise card was valid to the end of the 2nd leg.

They said this was a new new policy to just have the one card for B2B (and I would assume for B2B2B......).

Which is what some people told us on our B2B last week. The only reason that we got new cards was because my wife booked one of the segments and I booked the other one. She was listed first on one segment and I was listed first on the other segment.

We just finished 6 B2B cruises out of LAX-New policy we were given one card for the entire 21 days. If we had changed cabins, then a new card. Each return to LA required a get off and come back aboard. Painless and quite easy. We did get credit for 6 cruises but that was not the reason for doing the cruise (We have our Elite card punched already). Some folks were actually doing 10 and 14 of these cruises and I don't know their reason as they were already the most travelled and well past Elite?