Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon Miami - review w/photos

sirenitas

We stayed one night at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon, total was $125.65. It has free parking, free WiFi, free airport shuttle. There is also a free breakfast but we did not try it. There is free coffee and tea all day near the front desk. The rooms were clean, nice size and they have Neutrogena products in the bathrooms. They have feather pillows (DH is allergic) but we called the FD and they sent up some regular pillows. Front desk agents were very nice and had great info on restaurants nearby.

Lobby -

SAM_0704_zpsf93a5a41.jpg

SAM_0708_zps674fe4d3.jpg

Room & bathroom -

SAM_0703_zps75181f48.jpg

SAM_0702_zps6c5af2f4.jpg

Outside the hotel-

SAM_0705_zpsd97349be.jpg

SAM_0706_zpsafd6eac2.jpg

To the right of the hotel is a Walgreens and right across is a CVS (you can see it on the 1st outdoor photo). Across the street (second photo) is a strip mall with Publix, restaurants and some shops typical to strip malls (nails, phone etc). The walk to all of these places is just a couple of minutes - just go to the corner and cross the street. The Publix is ok, I went looking for sunblock and face cream but had to get them at CVS since their (Publix) selection was very limited. They did have Diet Coke and Materva (for those ho know what it is and can't find it at home this is huge!). There is a really good Cuban restaurant, Casa de Juan, that has great food, huge portions, real Cuban coffee and Materva (maybe I am the only one excited about this, but try finding it in the mountains of Colorado!).

We took the shuttle from the airport and it only took 10-15 minutes. When we went down to the lobby on cruise day there were people waiting for a port shuttle. We were taking a taxi to the port which was a good thing because the shuttle was packed. We paid $30 for a cab to the port which was less than the shuttle for 3 people. If planning to take the shuttle you have to make reservations - I think they do them at the front desk. there was a couple who booked the noon shuttle but they wanted to go in the 11AM but they were turned away since it was so packed.

This was our first cruise and did not know where to go, what to expect etc. My main concerns were airport shuttle, close to restaurants and supermarket (travel w/carry on only and had to buy sunscreen and need my Diet Coke), at a decent price. This was a great choice and will definitely book them again if cruising out of Miami.

Thanks so much for your review and photos. I have been staying in the 17th St area, but am always interested in other options for the future. Was it hard to cross the street to the shopping center? Or was there a crosswalk/lights? thanks for the info.

Edited by SMSACE6

Thanks so much for your review and photos. I have been staying in the 17th St area, but am always interested in other options for the future. Was it hard to cross the street to the shopping center? Or was there a crosswalk/lights? thanks for the info.

The Blue Lagoon area is near the MIA airport; the 17th Street area is close to FLL.

There is a stoplight and cross walk to get to the strip mall near this hotel.

Blue Lagoon is not an option if you are sailing out of Port Everglades.

To the OP, thanks for the fantastic review!

The Blue Lagoon area is near the MIA airport; the 17th Street area is close to FLL.

There is a stoplight and cross walk to get to the strip mall near this hotel.

Blue Lagoon is not an option if you are sailing out of Port Everglades.

To the OP, thanks for the fantastic review!

LOL..I knew that:o Guess it was another one of those senior moments:)

I do sometimes sail from Miami, so this info is good for future reference:)

Thanks everyone!

It is super easy to cross the street to get to CVS, Walgreen and the Publix strip mall. You walk a block to the left of the hotel and there is the crosswalk. It is a pretty busy intersection but we never felt unsafe - even at night.