What is a "sandwiched" cabin?

izdgrama

You are referring to a term that someone used themselves and not something that is readily used on CC. I think that the poster to your other thread was just pointing out that you have staterooms on either side of you, rather than being a corner room, etc - like a sandwich. :p

I would say it refers more to having cabins above and below you. You could be for instance below the dining room or below a club. That would not generally be a good thing.

That's what I think the term means.

Yes there are whole decks "sandwiched", ones I certainly would prefer and recommend!

I might have used the term, although I don't think it was *to* the OP. If I used it it was in quotes, referring to an immediately-preceeding definition. I surely didn't invent the use of the metaphor, having seen it on CC for the years I have been reading.

Aren't there an awfully lot of cabins "sandwiched" by this definition? I am thinking of all those decks of balcony cabins on the Vista/Signature ships.

I wonder who makes use of this term and for what exact reason.

I'm pretty sure I've used it but maybe not on the HAL boards. Most cabins are sandwiched but a good portion are not.

I know that everyone raves about this but I found it meh. Now the room service chocolate cake is good:).

The infamous clubhouse varies ship to ship (this sounds familiar, doesn't it?)

The chocolate cake is something my hubbie orders from Room Service, two pieces at a time, and they ask, "Is that all? You only want cake??"

The infamous clubhouse varies ship to ship (this sounds familiar, doesn't it?)

The chocolate cake is something my hubbie orders from Room Service, two pieces at a time, and they ask, "Is that all? You only want cake??"

He should tell them, just bring the cake, don't cut it:D. That would be my style:D;). When I had the club last time they forgot my order after about about 50 min so I called. They likely made it fresh but the bread tasted like it was cold and rock hard. The whole thing just tasted dry.

Edited by cruz chic