Animator's Palate question....

robyn525600

Hi! Regarding the show with Crush, does he interact with only the people in front of him or with people nearby as well? I want my nieces (6 & 9) to have the "full" experience. And can you request a table in front of him with the maître'd on embarkation day? Thank you for your help! You guys are always so great with helping us Disney cruise newbies out! :)

You can request anything you'd like. The question is whether they can give it to you or not. In our experience, he interacted with many tables. We were actually quite far away and at one point my daughter informed me that he was talking to me (comment on the color of my outfit).

He mainly interacted with tables near the display screens and maybe one back. No guarantees on any table, but I think he hit most of them when we saw him. The way the room is setup, 'he' can see most of the tables...

As to requesting a specific table, you can always ask.

Hi! Regarding the show with Crush, does he interact with only the people in front of him or with people nearby as well? I want my nieces (6 & 9) to have the "full" experience. And can you request a table in front of him with the maître'd on embarkation day? Thank you for your help! You guys are always so great with helping us Disney cruise newbies out! :)

You can have my seat. When we are on the Dream I stepped out to the bathroom, came back, and then this turtle starts talking to me. He asked me something about what I liked to eat and I told him "turtle soup" and he moved on. That time we were in front of the screen.

Last time on Fantasy, it was as described above, typically tables right in front of the screen but they would also go back a table at most it seemed. Our table was in front of the screen but he bypassed us.

With respect, do you not think that most EVERYONE that goes to the Crush show want's the "full" experience as you describe it?

As above, request a table to be near the screen or as close as possible, but so will everyone else who reads this thread or other threads on other boards?

But to get the "full" experience, IMO you need to go with the flow so that you do not set yourself up for disappointment when every wish or want is not or can not be delivered. If it happens then great! If it doesn't, you sound like you will feel that your nieces didn't get to enjoy seeing him interact with others.

Just don't set yourself and your nieces for disappointment is all I'm saying.

ex techie

Crush is the turtle from Finding Nemo. At WDW there is an attraction called "turtle Time with Crush" and on the Fantasy there is a similar experience during dinner. The Crush character can "see" the audience and speaks with them, much to the delight of the little people in the room.

As of September 2014, Crush is not on the Magic. The two show on the Magic are Animation Magic (where your drawings come to life) and a new version of the original Animator's show. On the 14 night cruise, no Crush.

On the Fantasy,it is Crush and Animation Magic.

On the Dream, it is Crush. (you are only in Animator's one night).

On the Wonder, it is the original show.

Edited by moki'smommy

As of September 2014' date=' Crush is not on the Magic. The two show on the Magic are Animation Magic (where your drawings come to life) and a new version of the original Animator's show. On the 14 night cruise, no Crush.

On the Fantasy,it is Crush and Animation Magic.

On the Dream, it is Crush. (you are only in Animator's one night).

On the Wonder, it is the original show.[/quote']

Thank you. As I said, I wasn't sure it was on the Magic. I knew they had the Animation show added with the re-imagine, but I wasn't sure if they replaced the old show.

Keep in mind that changing your table assignment for the Crush show will affect your table assignment for all other meals, as well as your tablemates. Seating assignments are made a couple of days before sailing, so those seats might already be assigned to other parties. Your table number is printed on the key card that you receive at boarding.

For instance, we were at table 66 for our recent sailing. Our location was back and just left of middle for Enchanted Garden, near the center for Royal Court, and in the middle back nook for AP. If we had asked to be moved to a table nearer a screen for AP, let's say that was table 50, we would have been moved to table 50 for the rest of the nights, and whoever had been there would be bumped elsewhere. Or there may be no way to move you, since assignments have already been made before sailing. The only way you might be able to move is to switch from main dining to late, in case there are some available seats there.

It's like a puzzle - a combination of how many people at each table, the ages of the kids (Disney does a good job matching), the configuration of the tables in the room, etc. And the table numbers and configuration are different on each sailing.

As others have said, Crush seemed to interact both with the table by the screen and the ones a row back, so sitting right by the screen may not be that important.

aaurk4.jpg

The Crush show is on both the Dream & the Fantasy. I think it may also be on the Magic, I'm not sure.

I thought you could regurgitate the DCL website verbatim?

Lol!

As Moki'smommy accurately posted:

Animator's Palate

Dinner Shows

Animator's Palate serves up something more than just fine food: innovative dinner shows celebrating the art of Disney storytelling and animation, where many beloved Disney characters come to life right before your eyes. Dinner shows include:

Drawn to Magic:

Watch the evolution of animation—from pencil test to ink-and-paint to storytelling. Follow a hero's journey through Disney and Pixar animation, from wishing upon a star to happily-ever-after. In an emotional finale, the black-and-white interior of the restaurant is transformed with splashes of vibrant colors. Join Sorcerer Mickey as he leads the fun!

Animation Magic:

On 7-night sailings and longer, you can try your hand at drawing your very own character—and then watch in wonder as your creation becomes part of the show, dancing alongside some favorite classic Disney characters! You won't believe your eyes.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/magic/dining/animators-palate/

ex techie

Thanks for the appropriate names for the shows. I knew DCL had names for them, but did my post based on experience rather than researching the web. There is also a name for the original show (currently running only on the Wonder).

I'm basically sure that the Magic isn't equipped to do the Crush show--on a 14 night cruise, they logically would have run it if it was available while on a 7 night cruise there would only be enough nights for 2 shows.

Thanks for the appropriate names for the shows. I knew DCL had names for them' date=' but did my post based on experience rather than researching the web. There is also a name for the original show (currently running only on the Wonder).

I'm basically sure that the Magic isn't equipped to do the Crush show--on a 14 night cruise, they logically would have run it if it was available while on a 7 night cruise there would only be enough nights for 2 shows.[/quote']

They may have put the infrastructure in place to enable it in the future, but I doubt the front or back end equipment.

Guest's always over simplify a show such as this.

Not only do you need Cast CM's to be vocally coached to sound similar to Crush (not just one, but another incase the lead Crush CM is sick), but also technicians and other CM's to run the show, converse with the head server as to when to start the show, put Crush on the right screen etc.

Guest's very rarely know what it takes to put a show on or appreciate it.

For reference, the number of Aux tech's (Those techs that run the shows and activities outside of the WDT, was increased from 4 to 10 on the Dream and Fantasy just because of the tech and additional shows and spaces etc.

ex techie

Edited by Ex techie

• 3 years later...

It's been a 12 years since our last Disney cruise on the Wonder and we are sailing in May on the Fantasy. I was so looking forward to sharing the show where AP starts black and white and gradually the images become full-color with the kids who haven't cruised before. It sounds like we won't have that show on the Fantasy?

It's been a 12 years since our last Disney cruise on the Wonder and we are sailing in May on the Fantasy. I was so looking forward to sharing the show where AP starts black and white and gradually the images become full-color with the kids who haven't cruised before. It sounds like we won't have that show on the Fantasy?

Correct. The primary show on the Fantasy (and Dream) is the Crush show. The second time you are in AP on the Fantasy (unless it's Pirate night) it's the Animation Magic show.

Correct. The primary show on the Fantasy (and Dream) is the Crush show. The second time you are in AP on the Fantasy (unless it's Pirate night) it's the Animation Magic show.

Thank you. What happens if your second night IS pirate night? Do you skip the Animation Magic show?

i actually preferred the original AP show - where everything turns from black and white to color

i'm not really a big fan of the turtle talk show as it's very hard to hear him with all the noise in the restaurant...

do they still have the original show on the disney magic?

i actually preferred the original AP show - where everything turns from black and white to color

i'm not really a big fan of the turtle talk show as it's very hard to hear him with all the noise in the restaurant...

do they still have the original show on the disney magic?

Yes.

You can have my seat. When we are on the Dream I stepped out to the bathroom, came back, and then this turtle starts talking to me. He asked me something about what I liked to eat and I told him "turtle soup" and he moved on. That time we were in front of the screen.

Last time on Fantasy, it was as described above, typically tables right in front of the screen but they would also go back a table at most it seemed. Our table was in front of the screen but he bypassed us.

Turtle soup! Omg I’ll have to remember that response the next time I’m on the ship. [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums