Enchantment Dining - 3 Night

kat228

I'm looking at booking a 3-night cruise on the Enchantment at the end of February. I'm a little confused because when I go to book it (online, not with a travel agent) it's telling me that my only dining option is "My Time." I've tried selecting to waitlist for traditional dining (late) but that isn't even an option.

Would there be some reason the late dining and all other options are booked up?

Normally I wouldn't give this a second thought, but we're planning on getting a group of people together for this cruise. I don't want to have to wait for a large table every night...

I'm looking at booking a 3-night cruise on the Enchantment at the end of February. I'm a little confused because when I go to book it (online, not with a travel agent) it's telling me that my only dining option is "My Time." I've tried selecting to waitlist for traditional dining (late) but that isn't even an option.

Would there be some reason the late dining and all other options are booked up?

Normally I wouldn't give this a second thought, but we're planning on getting a group of people together for this cruise. I don't want to have to wait for a large table every night...

It's not unusual for various dining options to be booked. If you cannot book what you want in advance, you can try seeing the Maitre D' as soon as you board the ship and asking to be moved to traditional dining, or at least make a standing reservation for your group in My Time.

With my last trip which was Enchanment. I found out what My Time Dinning really means. Sailed many times with MYD. But this trip was different. It should be called Their Time Dinning. I was told when I arrived at 6:15 for dinner on the first night (didn't make any reservation) that it wouldn't be till 8:30pm. I asked what the hell is My Time Dinning for then. Had to go to The Concierge which she was very helpful and was very kind exclaiming that there are only enough seats at one time. Instead of just 2 dinner services. MTD has around 6 services. So if you don't make reservations or later and the seats fill up. You will be stuck with what's left. Hope this helps and Happy Sailing!!!!

I personally like Chops Grill the first night and then the Windjammer the last 2 nights. The Windjammer is quieter than the MDR and has a much better selection of food...and the food is really good. Plus, you can go anytime you want and it's a lot quicker if you want it to be.

We enjoy the food on the Enchantment. Even though the menus are the same on all ships, some ships seem to do a better job than others.

Our tradition is to try to dine in a specialty restaurant the last evening. We say our good byes to the staff the evening prior and have a quiet dinner to cap off the cruise.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...