Pride versus fantasy

see.legs

I can only speak for myself, but I sailed on the Pride in 2011 and absolutely loved it! I'm really hoping to to sail her again this Spring. Plus, the Pride is almost ready to come out of Dry Dock and will have the 2.0 upgrades! I can't comment on the Fantasy as i've never sailed on that ship. Whichever ship you chose, have a great cruise!! :-)

I've sailed both Pride and Fantasy, both 7-day cruises. While I loved Fantasy, I would easily pay an extra $600 for Pride, especially when you're talking about two extra days aboard. While I'm not crazy about all the Funship 2.0 improvements, there are some nice ones being installed on Pride that really take it up a notch from what's available on Fantasy.

To help you make a decision, will you offer more information? Itinerary? Ports?

I look at at smaller ships with basic itineraries as the sirloin steak of cruising. Satisfying and affordable.

Bigger ships with more exotic ports are going to be more expensive. The New York strip of cruising. Or maybe the Ribeye? Lol! Personally, I love sirloin.

You must ask yourself what upgrades you need/want and how much you are willing to pay for these 'upgrades'.

I do agree with prior reviewers who see the Fantasy class ships as a nice, inexpensive getaway for-a-weekend cruise. Great bargain for that purpose.

I've kind of 'moved on' to larger ships with more food/entertainment options; but would not discount the value to be had on a smaller, less expensive cruise.

Yes we would be sailing pride out of Baltimore an 11 hour drive for 7 days stopping at port Canaveral, freeport and Nassau. The fantasy would be 16 hour drive for 5 day cruise to Nassau and freeport

Sent from my KFTHWI using Forums mobile app

Edited by see.legs

Looking at either one in April is pride worth the extra 600 for two extra days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If they are your only 2 choices, it's easy to pick the Pride because of the 2 extra days, it being a newer and larger ship and the less time driving to the port.

As a suggestion, the Norwegian Breakaway out of NYC is only 759 for their 4/26 sailing. I know that the Pride is 649-799 depending upon which week you choose and that the Baltimore cruises tend to not offer the same value as other ports because of the limited number of ships sailing out of there.

I think the reason for the vacation is a main point of your selection, rest or ports. At this point in our life my wife and I cruise to unwind not the stops. We have been on the Pride 3 time (within drive distance) in the last year and love the ship and are looking forward for the Baltimore return.

We love the pride, but are trying the fantasy this january. It was our only option since we didn't want to fly. The price on the fantasy was pretty good for dh and I to get away for our anniversary. I'll miss some of the ammenities the pride offers compared to the fantasy, but a cruise is what you make of it!:) we will be on the pride in may to check out her 2.0 upgrades.

600 for 2 is a little expensive but not too bad. You also have to figure in 10 less hours of driving (round trip), a more modern ship, and 2 extra days. All together, I think it would be worth it. I love the Pride and am booked on it for my wedding in September.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app