Internet for diamond members

Sergio11

Yes, each C&A member gets their own internet coupon. We used each of our $29.95 discounts to get two days of unlimited internet for a net cost of $7.50 each day.

Let me see if I am understanding this correctly; you can apply the 60 min coupon towards the unlimited plan?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let me see if I am understanding this correctly; you can apply the 60 min coupon towards the unlimited plan?

Our coupon was $29.95 which we could apply any way we wanted. One hour of minutes (actually two hours on Enchantment) was $29.95, so I could have gotten that free. Instead I chose to apply the $29.95 to a 24 hour unlimited plan, which was $37.45.

Edited by clarea

Seems there are changes in the works........read the D/D+/PC thread lower on the Main Board page.

This is a post concerning the change of last night.

Originally Posted by Royal2464 View Post

That's because it is apparently unique to the Allure for the moment. I was on the Freedom last week and the "duration" plan was still available. The guest relations person and the loyalty ambassador told me it had just been instituted on the Allure. I and the others did not imagine it, otherwise guest relations and the loyalty ambassador would not have confirmed the "duration" plan was not available. It is an apparent attempt by Royal to get you to apply the $29.95 coupon to a higher priced plan.

It's not always automatic... a few days after I signed up for the $29.95 package on Freedom a few weeks ago the charge was still on my account. I had to go to guest services to apply the coupon. The person first said I didn't have to do anything and when I was concerned that it was still a charge she looked it up and said something like 'hmmm - well I can fix that for you'. It was fixed easily enough.

What we noticed on the Jewel last week is that when we used RCI computers to sign up for the one account we had to click a box like someone else mentioned to apply the coupon.

Later in the cruise when we went to set up the second using an iPhone the section that said apply coupon did not appear, so we had to use an RCI computer again to set up the second account.

This will be our first time on Royal, we've always sailed Celebrity. How much would the unlimited time be for a 7 day cruise. Also, I always bring my Kindle HD 8.9. When you type in logout.com, it brings you to an actual website!! The tech on Celebrity told me it was because of my kindle and I would always have to shut off wifi to disconnect. Not sure if others have had this problem.

This will be our first time on Royal, we've always sailed Celebrity. How much would the unlimited time be for a 7 day cruise. Also, I always bring my Kindle HD 8.9. When you type in logout.com, it brings you to an actual website!! The tech on Celebrity told me it was because of my kindle and I would always have to shut off wifi to disconnect. Not sure if others have had this problem.

The price I see most often for unlimited internet on a 7 day cruise is around $190 for one device. However, I've seen some newer prices on Allure that range from $150 to $280 depending on what speed you select.

The tech on Celebrity told me it was because of my kindle and I would always have to shut off wifi to disconnect. Not sure if others have had this problem.

I always shut off wi-fi on my i-pad after each connection session - it works fine that way, and is much easier than trying to go thru logout.com or similar

That's because logout.com is an actual website - it's logoff.com which you need to type

I always shut off wi-fi on my i-pad after each connection session - it works fine that way, and is much easier than trying to go thru logout.com or similar

You're right, it is so much easier! I'm happy to hear someone tell me that they use this method successfully. I'm always nervous that this method won't disconnect me from using minutes. It wasn't until this last cruise on the Equinox that a tech told me to do this. Until then, on previous cruises, I foolishly wasted minutes trying to log off with the recommended method. Sometimes it would work and most often I would get the website.