Nordic Prince

On 7/28/2021 at 2:51 PM, rkacruiser said:

I also usually take these little bottles of shampoo, etc.  That's becoming increasingly difficult to do because these small bottles are being replaced by larger dispensers of shampoo, etc.  When there are the small bar soaps available, I take those as well.  For years, I have used these at my kitchen sink; just perfect for washing hands.  Now, though, my supply is starting to run low.  

I have a couple of bars of soap, but I don't use them, I try to keep them in good condition and in their boxes. My oldest is for a Spanish line, this box and bar of soap I believe is from the 1950's and 1960's for a line called *Compania Trasmediterranea*. the bar has never been used and still has a slight scent still. I also have 4 reproduction small bars of the soap that was used on the RMS Titanic. I will post the photos of both soaps with their boxes. The Titanic ones I found at the giftshop at a Titanic Exhibit. I took a photo of all 4 Titanic Vinolia bars, but 2 are showing the front and 2 are showing the back of the boxes.

compania_trasmediterranea_soap_with_box_by_wildelf34_d8tc0w1-fullview.jpg

db0kzt9-cd186cf6-917f-429f-84e8-7ed8805169e5.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, norboy76 said:

I have a couple of bars of soap, but I don't use them,

I have collected enough of this stuff that I do use them.  Some are more special than others to me and I keep them until I decide I want to use them.  Am currently using a white bar whose label said "Royal Dutch" which was a product line that HAL used years ago.  Not much scent left, but it's soap qualities remain.  In that same stash, there is a yellow, glycerin bar of soap that HAL once provided that was a really good lavatory bar of soap.  It has been many years when this departed amenity appeared!  

I have a bar of soap in its original container from the hotel where I stayed during a land shore excursion in China.  I remember it being a good soap with a good scent.  Just can't bring myself to use that soap.  The memories of that trip are so good.  

3 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I have collected enough of this stuff that I do use them.  Some are more special than others to me and I keep them until I decide I want to use them. 

The Spanish one I keep in it's box as it's the only one I have and got it from a friend who passed, she was a travel agent in the 1950s and 1960s, so I keep the items she gave me in a safe condition and won't use the items. Was at a place called Habitat For Humanity as was looking for a couple of furniture pieces for my apartment, and found a hurricane glass for *Discovery Cruises* and the neat thing is, it also lists these both ships on the glass. I don't have a photo yet so I'll upload it to my next post.

Discovery I: 1986 - 1996 (Wrecked 1996 by fire)

Discovery Sun: 1994 - 2011 (Scrapped 2012)

Era of Hurricane Glass: Between 1994 - 1996, so this glass would have only been used for 2 yrs

• Like 1