2 weeks enough to recognize move from Ruby to Platinum?

hrhdhd

I have my 5th and 6th cruises coming up in the next month or so. :) There are two weeks between when I return from the 5th and leave on the 6th; will that be enough time for the 5th to be credited and for me to be recognized as Platinum on the 6th? (On HAL, they advise that cruises will be credited 7-10 days after completion.) Should I wait to print out my boarding pass (I understand it's marked in some way?)?

Thanks,

We received a packet in our cabin before the end of our 5th cruise and when I checked "my princess" a few days after that cruise, it showed our platinum status. The same thing occurred when we reached the end of our 15th cruise and were becoming elite. I think you will be fine. The boarding pass for platinum/elite is different -- and gets you into the priority boarding line. So you should wait to print it out if it is easy to do so.

Our experience on Princess was that at the conclusion of our 5th cruise (1st half of a B2B), we received in our cabin a welcome to Platinum level card from the Captain Circle host. I am sure you will have no issue with a 2 week break between. Print your boarding pass out about a week prior and you will see your 'priority boarding' on it!

I have my 5th and 6th cruises coming up in the next month or so. :) There are two weeks between when I return from the 5th and leave on the 6th; will that be enough time for the 5th to be credited and for me to be recognized as Platinum on the 6th? (On HAL, they advise that cruises will be credited 7-10 days after completion.) Should I wait to print out my boarding pass (I understand it's marked in some way?)?

Thanks,

ON CARNIVAL you are credited on the day you reach the next level and IMMEDIATELY begin receiving the PERKS. Congrats.

We received a packet in our cabin before the end of our 5th cruise and when I checked "my princess" a few days after that cruise, it showed our platinum status. The same thing occurred when we reached the end of our 15th cruise and were becoming elite. I think you will be fine. The boarding pass for platinum/elite is different -- and gets you into the priority boarding line. So you should wait to print it out if it is easy to do so.

We also received Platinum info and card during the cruise. When I got home the next day, My Princess was already updated.

I just got back from a 14-day on the Caribbean Princess. I had 14 cruise credits going into it, and assumed I would become Elite at the end of the trip. But they bumped me up to Elite in the middle, since they sold it as two segments to other people. It was nice getting the priority tender and the bar set-up for the second week, and it was totally unexpected. Thank you, Princess :)

Hi

My change from Platinum to Elite took less than 48 hours to show in my profile online so I agree, I think you should be fine :)

Although it will show in your profile, it might not make it to the personalizer page for that next cruise. If it does not, just call Princess and have them mark the status properly.

ON CARNIVAL you are credited on the day you reach the next level and IMMEDIATELY begin receiving the PERKS. Congrats.

Not quite. On Carnival, status is extended to you on the first day of your qualifying cruise. If you qualify on the second half of a B2B, status is granted as a goodwill gesture for the first segment.

6 of the 10 of us on B2B N/S bound Alaska cruises changed loyalty level half way through the cruise complete with free internet for some, minibar setups and laundry for others. It too was booked as a single 14 day cruise but everyone received two credits for the cruise as well.

I had just finished receiving half the credit that we were expecting to get on B2B Celebrity cruises because they thought it would be "cool" to change the formula in the middle of our cruise. Seeing the way Princess handles loyalty rewards has kept us loyal to Princess for 8 cruises in a row so far this year alone. With the perks that Princess gives us now it will be very difficult to stray to Celebrity to give them another chance. Too bad but it was the worst timing imaginable on Celebrities part to mess us around, right after I retired and we started cruising more than ever before.

Terry

Edited by AE_Collector