North star got stuck today!

So, I was in a line for North Star this afternoon hoping to get a second trip in it when it got stuck for a half hour today at full height in the air, with 14 passengers inside giving them a much longer than anticipated ride!!

b0c28bf5f4f8bc905326f0915b34b75d.jpg

They got it down eventually but then they couldn't get the door open for another 5 minutes!

fa0e77a7674e5d2b9528eca7b8b345ee.jpg

So passengers eventually out in good spirits but they think that North Star is finished for this cruise while they check it out.

It's amazing though, I got to do it this morning before this problem!

b098533fcff8c043938679577ab72e27.jpg

Edited by podgeandrodge

Good thing no one had to poop.. Or did they? Omg! I hope not

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Fun fact... Oasis class ships supposedly have a little portable toilet and pop up privacy tent stored behind the bar on Rising Tide for this precise reason. Haven't seen it but it is detailed within the bar's operations manual for what to do when it fails (and it has).

...and that's why they have a required waiver. Wonder what the issue was. Hope it's back up and running by the inaugural.

I don't know if it is true or not, but one of the passengers came by and said he was talking with engineers and a circuit board got burnt out.

They had it working this morning as they did the sail by of the Statue of Liberty to show it off.

I am glad that I was part of the first group that went on in Southampton. People later in the cruise were waiting up to 3+ hours to ride, and I think some still didnt get to go after waiting that long

North star also got stuck on 6th November just before I was due to go on after waiting in line for 2 hours:eek:.

After it was finally restarted the operators did a 'maintenance' ride without passengers. Everything was fine and I had my turn, after waiting 2 hours I was prepared to take the risk:D.

Many were wondering what would happen if it got "stuck"...thanks for sharing.

Good thing they got it resolved...otherwise arriving today would have been "interesting".

The could have let those riders off on the Verrazano. :D