Carnival Miracle cruise... the good, the bad and plenty of ugly

StarSong

"As in every day's breakfast being nearly identical to the day before."

I have seen this comment in other reviews, and it has always puzzled me. I wasn't on the OP's cruise and have never been on the Miracle, but on my 3 Carnival cruises, we always ate breakfast at the buffet. I remember seeing:

an assortment of cold cereals

a couple hot cereals

pastries

fruit

bacon

sausage

pancakes

toast from various types of bread

bagels and spreads

scrambled eggs

hard boiled eggs

omelets

sliced cheese and cold cuts

Granted, these selections were the same every day. But that seems to pretty much cover typical American breakfast foods. I can't think of a common breakfast food that could be added for variety on different days. Maybe doughnuts? Or more varieties of cereal? Museli? (But if a selection wasn't offered every day, then those who wanted it every day would be disappointed. :p)

I have been on only one Royal Caribbean cruise, but my recollection is that there was a nice variety of breakfast options, but it was also pretty much the same options every day.

Now, if you want to talk about how yucky the Carnival scrambled eggs are - I'm with you! :eek: But if the disappointment is that the breakfast offerings are the same every day, what else would you like to see over the course of your cruise? I am genuinely curious.

"As in every day's breakfast being nearly identical to the day before."

I have seen this comment in other reviews, and it has always puzzled me. I wasn't on the OP's cruise and have never been on the Miracle, but on my 3 Carnival cruises, we always ate breakfast at the buffet. I remember seeing:

an assortment of cold cereals

a couple hot cereals

pastries

fruit

bacon

sausage

pancakes

toast from various types of bread

bagels and spreads

scrambled eggs

hard boiled eggs

omelets and eggs sunny side up or over easy, freshly scrambled eggs, egg whites, and Egg Beaters

sliced cheese and cold cuts

eggs Benedict, one day with Canadian bacon and the next with smoked salmon

sliced tomatoes and cucumbers

salsa

peanut butter

jelly

and pizza!

Granted, these selections were the same every day. But that seems to pretty much cover typical American breakfast foods. I can't think of a common breakfast food that could be added for variety on different days. Maybe doughnuts? Or more varieties of cereal? Museli? (But if a selection wasn't offered every day, then those who wanted it every day would be disappointed. :p)

I have been on only one Royal Caribbean cruise, but my recollection is that there was a nice variety of breakfast options, but it was also pretty much the same options every day.

Now, if you want to talk about how yucky the Carnival scrambled eggs are - I'm with you! :eek: But if the disappointment is that the breakfast offerings are the same every day, what else would you like to see over the course of your cruise? I am genuinely curious.

I too am curious as to what else people want to see for breakfast in the buffet.

Edited by stargate fan

I'm not sure about the baked beans, but I think having cruised A LOT in the last two years, we are getting used to the menu, know what we like, and don't stray much from those options. We did find ourselves finally trying the steak house on the Miracle, which was very good, and we LOVED the improved service there considering the smaller numbers seated. It was a 16 nt cruise, so not sure we would pay for the steak house on a shorter cruise; the Breeze steak house filled up very fast and we had horrible timing options so did not sign up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app