Solarium Bistro Free Meal Confused but Happy

oursbrun

Currently on my second night on Oasis Nov 9. When the bill came for the Bistro it was $0 instead of the $40 I expected. The waiter said they had a deal with My Time Dining (which we have) I asked if it was every night and he said no. Then he said "besides you are Diamond "

Anyone heard of this before?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

We dined in the Solariuim Bistro on OASIS transatlantic and we were not charged either for our dinner. We really did not investigate as to why. We as well were MTD.

We thought it was to do with the specials for D+ which we are.

Currently on my second night on Oasis Nov 9. When the bill came for the Bistro it was $0 instead of the $40 I expected. The waiter said they had a deal with My Time Dining (which we have) I asked if it was every night and he said no. Then he said "besides you are Diamond "

Anyone heard of this before?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

I was on the cruise before you, just got back on Saturday. The second night at My Time dining in Silk we were asked if we wanted to try Solarium for free. We said yes, went, and thought it was decent but glad we didn't have to pay. Then two nights later, also in Silk, we were asked (by someone else this time) if we wanted to go again, and again for free. I didn't really want to go because I wanted different food each night, and Solarium does not change their menu. We went again, much less impressed the second time.

They were asking others as well in my group, and some folks went to Giovanni's for free as well. It was apparent they were trying to get people out of the dining room, they were having some issues that we couldn't put our finger on. One time, they came around to everyone with a steak asking if it was ok because apparently there were issues with it. After trying it, I could see why they were coming around. Very disappointing.

Not sure what's going on with Oasis. It was not the same as previous cruises.