Grand suite perks

MARIANH

We had a gs on brilliance in July, the best perk apart from the concierge lounge we felt was being able to order dining room food as room service. My husband has eggs Benedict for breakfast everyday!! Enjoy, they are lovely rooms!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What I really liked last year on Brilliance was the Gold Sea Pass card seating area in the far forward starboard side of the Windjammer. Never had to hunt for a table, which was especially nice with my 91 yr grandmother in a wheelchair. Hopefully it's still the same for my April 2015 cruise on Brilliance. Other recent Brilliance cruisers may have more updated info.

The concierge lounge is also a nice perk (Deck 13). The concierge can handle a lot of issues that you would normally have to wait at the Shore Excursion or Guest Services lines - to include booking/changing excursions, specialty dining/spa reservations, etc. For any questions/issues, ask the concierge first as they can normally take care of anything fairly quickly.

You will receive an email from the concierge about a week out (which would be about now) from your sailing detailing all they can do for you.

Enjoy the Brilliance and your cruise!!! (And that GS)

Karen

Hi

First experience of Brilliance of the Seas depart very soon - 17 November.

We have a Grand Suite. Can anyone kindly advise on perks that come with suites.

Thanks

Just got off a B2B on Liberty Europe/Transatlantic

GS perks breakfast in Chops waiters personally get to know you!

Special fruit tray / chocolates/ cheese plate during week

Expedited arrival:on in 10 minutes / departure

Departure concierge walked us off both ships using staff elevators....10 minutes

A real plus!!!

Separate/ reserved seating for stage shows/ Ice shows

Separate reserved lounges by pools no worry about loosing your chair!

++++ concierge service will book pre book everything for you ( if needed)

GS cabin 2x the size of a normal cabin.... XL bathroom with 2 sinks/ large bath tub Balcony:Table 2 chairs/2lounges ( a double balcony) nice bar/large closet/ plenty of draw space

Special in room menu for suites only

Cocktails 5-8:30 in concierge lounge drinks free / unlimited

Problem thou!!!!You'll never want anything else!!!!!

Enjoy your cruise loved Brillance one of our favorite ships!!!!

Thank you for posting we will be on the liberty in December first time in a grand suite. I have one question we have a later flight so we will not be in a hurry to get off the ship would we be allowed to wait in the CL for a later departure.

What I really liked last year on Brilliance was the Gold Sea Pass card seating area in the far forward starboard side of the Windjammer. Never had to hunt for a table

Karen

I didn't know about the gold card sea pass seating in the Windjammer. We were in a GS on Explorer in 2012 and didn't use it. March 2015 we will be in a GS on Navigator. I hope they have this perk for us.

Edited by Susie51

I didn't know about the gold card sea pass seating in the Windjammer. We were in a GS on Explorer in 2012 and didn't use it. March 2015 we will be in a GS on Navigator. I hope they have this perk for us.

On Voyager and Freedom class ships, Windjammer Gold Card seating is usually in one of the nearby specialty restaurants.

On Voyager and Freedom class ships, Windjammer Gold Card seating is usually in one of the nearby specialty restaurants.

It was fun to watch the expressions on some peoples faces on the Explorer when going in and out the door with/without food that the staff used when putting the dirty dishes away - if they just looked in the door they couldn't really see where we were going :D

Pat

Thank you for posting we will be on the liberty in December first time in a grand suite. I have one question we have a later flight so we will not be in a hurry to get off the ship would we be allowed to wait in the CL for a later departure.

To answer your question every concierge for each ship are different

some are open for embarkation/debarkation and some not....

For Liberty in Europe/ Transatlantic it was OPEN...

It had the normal continental breakfast, speciality coffees, etc. and

Our concierge was with us until we left the ship...

Which was great because immigration got backed up and actually stopped for 30/45 minutes

And many of us who had no rush to get off/ late flights had a place to sit and

Relax... But in the US this may change....

Your concierge is Carlos Ortiz he is great!!!!!

Just ask him!

Sailing in my first GS this coming March, can't wait. Generally speaking given when I cruise I can't afford them, but the price isn't too bad when sailing out of San Juan.

I wonder if Royal will do the expanded "Oasis-like" suite perks on all ships (where possible) after their next refurb. I sailed in a NCL Getaway Haven suite this past summer and I have to tell you having a private "free" restaurant was really nice (as was the private courtyard/pool/hot tubs/bar/sundeck, but Royal has no way to add those to existing ships).

Thank you for the reply. This is our first grand suite and we were not sure what to expect. One more question I have read reports of people receiving emails from the concierge did you receive an email before boarding and if so how soon did you receive it before departure. Three moe weeks to go.:)

Thank you for the reply. This is our first grand suite and we were not sure what to expect. One more question I have read reports of people receiving emails from the concierge did you receive an email before boarding and if so how soon did you receive it before departure. Three moe weeks to go.:)

Some concierges send pre-cruise email and some don't. I'd expect the email 1 to 2 weeks before the cruise.