Behind the scenes Tour of Eurodam

cruising_family

Do any of you HAL/Eurodam experts know if HAL offers tours of the ship behind the scenes? I am trying to come up with something special as a surprise for my DH on our cruise as we will be on board during his birthday. On another thread I posted regarding birthday ideas, someone suggested this type of ship tour and that RC does this at a cost.

I did get suggestions abt a cake at dinner, having dinner at Pinnacle, couple massage and doing romantic dinner in our cabin. If you have any other ideas, please toss those in to.

Thanks a bunch.

Do any of you HAL/Eurodam experts know if HAL offers tours of the ship behind the scenes? I am trying to come up with something special as a surprise for my DH on our cruise as we will be on board during his birthday. On another thread I posted regarding birthday ideas, someone suggested this type of ship tour and that RC does this at a cost.

I did get suggestions abt a cake at dinner, having dinner at Pinnacle, couple massage and doing romantic dinner in our cabin. If you have any other ideas, please toss those in to.

Thanks a bunch.

I think it's only offered on the Vista class ships. When they have it.

My husband has done this tour on a Vista class ship (Noordam) a few years ago. He is an engineer and was fascinated.

He said be prepared for a good bit of walking & stairs.

Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know the approx cost and how I book that type of tour?

A Tour of the Vista class ships is $150.pp...

See post 2 & 3 on this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2090334&highlight=ship+tour

I remember a poster mentioning on another thread several months ago, that HAL no longer is taking people into the Engine room, but I could be mistaken..

Also believe it must be booked on the ship.. Suggest you go to the front desk as soon as you board & ask about it..

Also check out post No. 7 on the same thread..

Edited by serendipity1499

I think it's only offered on the Vista class ships. When they have it.

It is only offered on the Vista and Signature class ships. It is not offered on the R and S class ships. However, it seems to have become a little inconsistently offered, offered this cruise, but not the next.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Was also on Eurodam on Oct 26th. They did have a message about the behind the scenes tour in the On Location guide on Embarkation day. However, they do need a minimum amount of people to participate, which I believe is 5 or 6 , this was not reached and the tour was cancelled.

Sent from my iPad using Forums