Quantum..have your OWN setsail pass

Just off the Quantum transatlantic....a word of advice...everyone needs their OWN setsail pass at check-in. In the past, only one setsail was needed, as everyone in the same cabin was listed on it. We showed up in Southampton with only 1 setsail pass. We had NO idea that the new check-in procedure requires everyone to have their OWN setsail pass! They printed them for us, but it was quite a process! In fact, the check-in process was absolutely horrendous, and they had NO idea what they were doing! But, that's another story. So, have your OWN setsail pass when arriving at the pier!

Peter

Just off the Quantum transatlantic....a word of advice...everyone needs their OWN setsail pass at check-in. In the past, only one setsail was needed, as everyone in the same cabin was listed on it. We showed up in Southampton with only 1 setsail pass. We had NO idea that the new check-in procedure requires everyone to have their OWN setsail pass! They printed them for us, but it was quite a process! In fact, the check-in process was absolutely horrendous, and they had NO idea what they were doing! But, that's another story. So, have your OWN setsail pass when arriving at the pier!

Peter

You must have missed the part where it states "print" next to each name no matter how many names are listed.

Wasn't that mentioned on your roll call for the TA??

Edited by cruisenfever

You must have missed the part where it states "print" next to each name no matter how many names are listed.

They said that we did our online check-in "before" they changed the system! Apparently it was changed after they had opened up the online check-in system for that sailing. Needless to say, we've printed BOTH for the 11/23 sailing! LOL. Seems very silly for a company that is trying to "save the waves." More paper!!!!

Is this just for Quantum? I don't see that option for our upcoming Explorer cruise.

Yes, I believe it's just Quantum so far. We have a couple of other cruises paid off and they both have only one "Print" button.

Seems very silly for a company that is trying to "save the waves." More paper!!!!

Also seems silly considering this is supposed to be the most technologically advanced ship on the seas. I haven't been on as many cruises as others and can't really remember what's on a set sail pass, but I would think you should be able to transmit the form online and, if you need to sign, sign a computer screen when you are checking in.

From what I have experienced, I think it is an meant to be a more advanced system. As part of the online check in you download a photo of yourself. They provide samples and requirements for the photos. Head shots, plain background....

I am under the impression that when we board ship, they scan our Set Sail Pass and the photos of the individual is attached to that barcode. We also have to show our Passports. Previously, we checked in at the pier and got our Sea Passes, had our photos taken...then upon boarding each person had to present their Sea Pass. We will not get our actual Sea Pass until after we reach our staterooms.

Also seems silly considering this is supposed to be the most technologically advanced ship on the seas. I haven't been on as many cruises as others and can't really remember what's on a set sail pass, but I would think you should be able to transmit the form online and, if you need to sign, sign a computer screen when you are checking in.

For Quantum since each SetSail Pass has an option to upload a picture for the named individual on that pass you would have to print one off for each person.