computer in PH on Riviera

xrvlcruiser

I will be on the Riviera in a couple of weeks and I understand that there will be a computer available for me in my PH.

Does anyone know what version of Windows is on that computer and if MS Office is also loaded? Hopefully it will be Win7.

Thanks . . . .

Peggy

Hi Peggy, when we were on the Riviera last year (in a PH suite), the computer was only good for sending and receiving emails. I do not recall any type of software package that was installed on the machine. For this reason, I take my own "tablet". If anything has changed, hope someone will post.

Jackie

Last time we were on the laptop was only good for e-mails and surfing the internet.

Do not try and put anything on it of a personal nature. A friend kept his personal journal on it, planning to download it to a thumb drive at the end of the cruise. Midway thru the cruise the computer people wiped it clean and he lost everything. There is a warning, lost in the brochure, warning not to use it for personal info.

We always bring our tablet.

Thanks for the "good" information.

If I bring my files (Excel and word) on a thumb drive, will I be able to use those files? Update my diary - on the thumb drive- etc?

Any idea about Windows? Hopefully Win7.

Peggy

You cannot do anything all will be locked out of Oceania's computers. As has been said you can get the Internet and email and go to Oceania's website " free of charge."

I don't use my iPad because every time I do, it tells me I have to change my password. That gets real old real fast.

So I bring my laptop on trips. I use the Oceania-supplied laptop as a support for MY laptop, and I pay the fee to use the internet. Which is not so bad now that were are "silver".

Mura