Transfering Booking to a TA

STREETKING

Just waiting to see if the OBC increases or better deals are offered.

There may be benefits to transferring it early. For example - the TA may have group space and you may get those benefits also. The longer you wait, their group space may be filled and you would lose out on additional benefits such as additional OBC, etc... TA's can help you also if better deals are offered.

Edited by Coral

I booked my cruise directly with Princess. Is there any advantage to transfer to a TA I booked a suite. I am going to get Princess travel insurance before final payment but I don't know if I should stay where I am or transfer to a TA?

A TA who discounts can give you a better price for your cruise and possibly additional benefits such as group amenities. That is worth it to me. More importantly, they provide great advice and services, especially if you book with an agent who specializes in cruises/Princess.

I booked my cruise directly with Princess. Is there any advantage to transfer to a TA I booked a suite. I am going to get Princess travel insurance before final payment but I don't know if I should stay where I am or transfer to a TA?

My TA routinely slices 8-10% off Princess' rate - and I know there are people here who'll tell you they get even deeper discounts from their TAs. Sometimes she has additional OBCs to offer, too. Plus, she does a lot of Princess bookings and is extremely knowledgeable and helpful All that with no booking fee, cancellation fee, or other nonsense. I feel that if there's a problem, she'll go to bat for me, not something a Princess employee is as likely to do. I'm happy to have found her, and have booked something like my last seven or eight cruises with her, though I often, for various reasons, will do an initial booking directly with Princess and transfer it to her.

Edited by shepp

If you transfer your suite booking to a good TA I would be amazed if the TA didn't give you some OBC at the very least.

If you transfer your suite booking to a good TA I would be amazed if the TA didn't give you some OBC at the very least.

They may not give OBC but may reduce the cost quite a bit. I personally would rather have a TA take money off the cruise than give me the same amount as OBC. Agents can do either to discount their commission.

Other OBC is often associated with group space or Princess specials.

Edited by Coral

My TA routinely slices 8-10% off Princess' rate - and I know there are people here who'll tell you they get even deeper discounts from their TAs. Sometimes she has additional OBCs to offer, too. Plus, she does a lot of Princess bookings and is extremely knowledgeable and helpful All that with no booking fee, cancellation fee, or other nonsense. I feel that if there's a problem, she'll go to bat for me, not something a Princess employee is as likely to do. I'm happy to have found her, and have booked something like my last seven or eight cruises with her, though I often, for various reasons, will do an initial booking directly with Princess and transfer it to her.

Hi Shepp, can you email me your TA's name/company/number? tango223@aol.com. Please put CC reply from Shepp on the subject. Thank you in advance.