D8-GTY Balcony Guarantee

royzer76

Hiya to all you experts out there. Need your help.

We just booked a D8-GTY Balcony Guarantee on an upcoming Allure of the Seas sailing.

Never took a chance on a GTY reservation before so just wondering what happens.

- Does it mean we can be assigned anything from a D8 to D1 balcony stateroom? Not just a D8??

- When are we likely to find out? The suspense is killing me ha ha.

- I have read that if you don't like what you're allocated, you can request to change within the same category. Does that apply to those booking in the UK do you know?

- Looking at the RC website there are only 3 D8 rooms showing available. Does that mean there's a good chance we'll be going up to a D7 at least (there's loads of these). Or are we already likely to have been allocated a D8 and just not told yet??

Thanks

Roy.

You will get an Oceanview balcony D8 (or better). The D2-8 are the same size, so not much difference there except location. On the big ships, something or other is a long way from one's cabin, so location opinions vary, too.

You could get an assignment quickly or you may have to wait until you get to the port. Still, waiting until boarding day seems a rare event; odds are you will know a week or more before the cruise.

I'm no UK expert, but from what I have read, UK bookings have little or no luck swapping cabins from gty assignments. Of course, you can try; worst you'll hear is no.

I just got off Oasis of the Seas transatlantic from Southampton to FLL. I booked a D8 GTY and that's what I got and it was assigned 5 days prior to boarding. Also, booked the same class cabin (GTY) on a 10-day Eastern Caribbean leaving Baltimore 3/3/15 and was just assigned my cabin #. Not sure what the methodology is but I've experienced both quick and last minute room assignment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just got off Oasis of the Seas transatlantic from Southampton to FLL. I booked a D8 GTY and that's what I got and it was assigned 5 days prior to boarding. Also, booked the same class cabin (GTY) on a 10-day Eastern Caribbean leaving Baltimore 3/3/15 and was just assigned my cabin #. Not sure what the methodology is but I've experienced both quick and last minute room assignment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You got D8 on both??

I thought it meant you would get at least a D8 not definitely get one.

Thanks guys.

I know that in terms of size there is no real difference between the Ds.

Think my main wonder is if we'll only get a D8 or if there is a chance of getting one of the others, D5 D1 etc.

Small chance for something better than a D8, but most likely a D8.

Thanks guys.

I know that in terms of size there is no real difference between the Ds.

Think my main wonder is if we'll only get a D8 or if there is a chance of getting one of the others, D5 D1 etc.

Sure, there is a chance you'll get a different category. D8 is likely. Certainly a chance of D2-7. Less likely to get D1. JS and above are unlikely.

Sure, there is a chance you'll get a different category. D8 is likely. Certainly a chance of D2-7. Less likely to get D1. JS and above are unlikely.

I'm happy with a D8. Just don't really like being lower than Deck 8. So a D8 on Deck 8 would be fine.

However I am keeping my fingers crossed for a D7 higher up.

I don't want much. Just a D7.

Guess I just wait and see.

Edited by royzer76

I'm happy with a D8. Just don't really like being lower than Deck 8. So a D8 on Deck 8 would be fine.

Good luck- Come back and let us know how you make out

Hope you get a great location.

Question: when are you sailing? I see under your signature that your next cruise is 159 days away. Is this the sailing you have a guarantee booked?

It seems a long way out to be booked up to the degree RCL is offering guarantee bookings.

Just curious.

Thank you.

Edited by tomko2

Hope you get a great location.

Question: when are you sailing? I see under your signature that your next cruise is 159 days away. Is this the sailing you have a guarantee booked?

It seems a long way out to be booked up to the degree RCL is offering guarantee bookings.

Just curious.

Thank you.

Hiya. Yes it is that sailing. It's the Allure TA Eastbound on 19th April 2015.

We booked it recently onboard the Oasis TA Westbound, but the guarantee option comes up on the RC website too.

We had booked a D8 guarantee on Oasis. We found out our room assignment about 100 days outs. We got a D3. This is a very crowded sailing due to a holiday so that might have something to do with it.

Great. Thanks for the post.

Ah, the key thing about gty...they are nice for people who don't care about cabin location. They are not a desirable option for those that do care about location.

We once had a balcony on deck 6 on Allure. We found it quiet and convenient. if I recall correctly, that may have been a D4. It is possible you will get a higher category and be lower than deck 8. Since it is a UK booking you might not be able to swap. Perhaps you should open your mind to being happy on other decks; it might make for a better gty experience.

Ah, the key thing about gty...they are nice for people who don't care about cabin location. They are not a desirable option for those that do care about location.

We once had a balcony on deck 6 on Allure. We found it quiet and convenient. if I recall correctly, that may have been a D4. It is possible you will get a higher category and be lower than deck 8. Since it is a UK booking you might not be able to swap. Perhaps you should open your mind to being happy on other decks; it might make for a better gty experience.

Aaaah no, please don't get me wrong ... for the price we'd be pretty happy where ever they put us.

High deck (8 or above) etc is only a preference. Deck 6 or 7 wouldn't spoil our cruise.

I was just trying to work out what could happen and how the guarantee system really works as its the first time we've done it.

I appreciate everyone's input so far.

Aaaah no, please don't get me wrong ... for the price we'd be pretty happy where ever they put us.

High deck (8 or above) etc is only a preference. Deck 6 or 7 wouldn't spoil our cruise.

I was just trying to work out what could happen and how the guarantee system really works as its the first time we've done it.

I appreciate everyone's input so far.

Glad to hear you will be happy anywhere for the price.

How does the gty system work? With tongue in cheek, I'll say the gty system cleverly reads your mind (or your CC posts) and tends to assign the opposite;). So, perhaps you might embrace the desirability of a cabin on deck six near the fitness center, D lounge, photo gallery, and a single flight from the royal promenade; perhaps whenyou fully embrace that idea, you'll be assigned a cabin on a much higher deck:D.

Such kidding aside, Allure has so many balcony cabins in so many categories and there is so much variability in gty assignments, it is tough to guess where you might land.

I'll wish you good luck and I hope you concentrate on the good points about your cabin location (wherever it might be) rather than the negative points.

Got our allocation last night ... A D7 on Deck 10. So very happy with that.

If I'd had a choice the only think I would have changed is the side of the ship we're on. But can live with what we got.

Just pleased the suspense is over ha ha.

Got our allocation last night ... A D7 on Deck 10. So very happy with that.

If I'd had a choice the only think I would have changed is the side of the ship we're on. But can live with what we got.

Just pleased the suspense is over ha ha.

Great Congrats!!

Do you have to be fully paid before you get the gty allocation? Or does it just pop up randomly?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

No you do NOT have to be fully paid

Do you have to be fully paid before you get the gty allocation? Or does it just pop up randomly?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

No. We've only paid deposit at the minute, so guess it's just random.