Airport Transfer

jp12687

Hey,

i am taking a cruise out of Miami in jan and i am looking at flights. I can do a flight to Fort Lauderdale that gets in around 10am. how often do shuttles run? are they crowded? How long does it take to get to the port? do they handle bags from bus to ship?

let me know

thanks

If you're flying into FLL for a cruise that goes out of MIA in January, I would fly in the night before and stay at a hotel. You never know about weather conditions in January. If you like to roll the dice and take a chance, it's entirely up to you. The pros and cons of both sides have been debated on these boards. If you're adamant about flying in the morning of, check out the FLA departures board and scan the threads for specific independent shuttle operators from FLL to the port of Miami.

Hey,

i am taking a cruise out of Miami in jan and i am looking at flights. I can do a flight to Fort Lauderdale that gets in around 10am. how often do shuttles run? are they crowded? How long does it take to get to the port? do they handle bags from bus to ship?

let me know

thanks

We've had good luck with SAS Transportation.

Hey,

i am taking a cruise out of Miami in jan and i am looking at flights. I can do a flight to Fort Lauderdale that gets in around 10am. how often do shuttles run? Lots of shuttles running between FLL and POM from lots of companies

are they crowded? The shuttle company makes money when the van is full

How long does it take to get to the port? From FLL to POM is about a 40-45+ minute trip

do they handle bags from bus to ship? Your driver will unload your bags (tip him), then the porter will take your checked bags to the ship (tip him); keep you carry-on bags with you.

let me know

thanks

Go Airport Shuttle is based inside of FLL and makes frequent trips to POM; other companies include SAS (suggested above), QLS, MJS, and others often suggested on this board.

A taxi on the same FLL to POM run will cost about $80+ -- not bad if there are 4-5 in your group. Good luck! :)

Edited by JohninDC

thanks we are going to fly in the day before. however for going home we are going to do use the transfer back to FLL. we are in a suite so we're supposed to get priority getting off...how often do shuttles run to the airport? is it organized or crowded? our flight is at 2:30.

we are planning to book with the carnival transfer...

thanks for the help

Do not book the Carnival transfer. Use one of the aforementioned options utilizing a private transfer. You can also use the luggage express option through Carnival which is 20 per person and once you put your luggage out the night before you will not see it again until your final airport destination. It is really nice not having to deal with the hassle of claiming your bags, clearing customs and lugging them to the airport.