Pearl Tips and Secrets

g35girl

• 2 weeks later...
Great thread! Thanks everyone for sharing. :)

We're sailing in 2016 to Alaska!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the thread and for the tips. We are counting the days down to our first NCL cruise. All the energy and good reviews are helpful as we soothe our jitters over leaving RCCL and PCL :-)

Keep the info coming please

I'm not sure if anyone posted yet about the made-to-order crepes each evening. The station is just past the Garden Buffet.

I can't remember the starting time... maybe 4:30ish?? Ask when onboard and find out. They are so very good. The choices on fillings change around. My favorite was lemon and blueberry.

• Like 1

There is a Public Sun Deck on deck 15 starboard side on the Pearl, that is usually very quiet. We were on board the Pearl for 17 days last year, and had this sun deck to our self 99% of the time....

I believe that it is the case on all Jewel class ships, and on other NCL ships I have also enjoyed the silence that you can find on the helicopter deck (there are usually a few sun beds placed there as well).

• Like 1

There is a Public Sun Deck on deck 15 starboard side on the Pearl, that is usually very quiet. We were on board the Pearl for 17 days last year, and had this sun deck to our self 99% of the time....

I believe that it is the case on all Jewel class ships, and on other NCL ships I have also enjoyed the silence that you can find on the helicopter deck (there are usually a few sun beds placed there as well).

Sounds perfect! I hope the weather for our cruise will be conducive for us to use the sun deck! Thanks for the tip!

Leaving on the Pearl this Friday and I am getting real excited! Thanks for all the tips! This will be my first time of this ship! We have an aft Balcony, so I think the view will be amazing! :p

Leaving on the Pearl this Friday and I am getting real excited! Thanks for all the tips! This will be my first time of this ship! We have an aft Balcony, so I think the view will be amazing! :p

Have a great time Abear2! Please post any tips you have once you return from your cruise:)

Looks like we are on the same trip. Snow last night followed by freezing rain this morning... safe to say i'm ready for the Caribbean.

Thank you for starting this thread. We will be on the Pearl June 7th to Alaska. Graduation present for son (college) and nephew (high school) and grandma's bucket list. How does NCL accomadate embarkment for excursions? We arrive in Juneau at 2 and have an excursion booked for 3:30. Is there an "order" they embark by?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

On the Dawn when we arrived the first day we were able to leave our carry on luggage in spinnaker lounge and pick it up when the room was ready. It was nice to not have to wait for luggage to arrive.

Does anyone know if they do this on the Pearl as well?

On the Dawn when we arrived the first day we were able to leave our carry on luggage in spinnaker lounge and pick it up when the room was ready. It was nice to not have to wait for luggage to arrive.

Does anyone know if they do this on the Pearl as well?

Don't remember where it was, but there was definately a drop off location for carry ons

Thank you for starting this thread. We will be on the Pearl June 7th to Alaska. Graduation present for son (college) and nephew (high school) and grandma's bucket list. How does NCL accomadate embarkment for excursions? We arrive in Juneau at 2 and have an excursion booked for 3:30. Is there an "order" they embark by?

That's a good question! In what order do they disembark at ports it not tendering - by deck? excursion? or is it a free for all?

Sorry, meant diembark. Does anyone know how the Pearl disembarks passengers in ports? Is there an specific order, do they go by excursion times?

We just returned from Pearl S Caribbean. All of the NCL excursions met on the dock, not inside the ship. Other than priority disembark passengers (Haven etc) I think it was first come first served.