Another Crab Shack Question

ready2cruzagain

I would love to eat here .. problem is hubby hates any seafood that is not coated in batter or comes with a pic of the old captain. So can he grab something from the buffet and eat with me????? Or is it completely separate from the buffet like a regular restaurant ????

We were just on the Regal, and two of the tables next to us used the buffet to supplement their meal. The maître'D checked to see if there was anything wrong with their Crab Shack items, but other than that, nothing was said.

As long as your hubby doesn't require service from them, you should be fine. Just check with them when making the reservation or when being seated.

It is completely separate and I feel sure they would frown on bringing in other foods.
As long as everyone pays the $20 cover charge I don't think they would mind. But people sometimes ask if they can go with other people and not pay anything because they supposedly won't be eating (much of) the Crab Shack food, and I think that would be frowned upon. Even if you tell them you don't require service, they will still provide you a place setting, cutlery, refill your water, etc. And you may be taking up a space that someone else could have used to actually enjoy the Crab Shack menu (although in my experience, even when the Crab Shack is booked solid, the dining room is not full).

Our last evening onboard the Ruby 11/2 we were waiting to be seated at the Crown Grill and a lady in front of me asked if she and her friend could share a steak and just pay one $25 fee.:eek: Anna, the head waitperson politely explained that the charge was $25 per person.

Just when you think you have heard it all.

Mike:)

We will be on the Coral in Feb traveling with a few friends. We are interested in the Crab Shack but will have one person in our group that cannot eat seafood (shrimp, crab etc.). She does not have a severe allergy but avoids it to be safe.

On the other hand her husband loves it. I though I had read elsewhere that it would be ok for a person to join you with food from the horizon. I'm sure if we explained the situation they would allow it.

Just curious if anyone else have any experience with this.

Thanks

I thought the Crab Shack was only offered at lunch on Sea Days. Is it offered in the evening as well and do you always need to make reservations?

It has only been offered in the evenings on the ships we have been on and yes reservations were required as it is a fairly small venue.

I thought the Crab Shack was only offered at lunch on Sea Days. Is it offered in the evening as well and do you always need to make reservations?

On the Ruby it was only offered at dinner and reservations were suggested. The evening we went I was seated with a clear view of the entrance and folks without a reservation were turned away or told to come back after 8:30 (we had 7 pm reservations).

On the Ruby it was only offered at dinner and reservations were suggested. The evening we went I was seated with a clear view of the entrance and folks without a reservation were turned away or told to come back after 8:30 (we had 7 pm reservations).

We had the same experience and saw quite a few walk up only to be turned away.

We ate in the Crab Shack on the Grand Princess just a few weeks ago.. They used a side aft of the Horizon Court.. the staff was excellent..as well as the food.. As a Celiac, I have very serious food allergies (gluten & dairy) and the kitchen was extremely accommodating .. They prepared me King Crab and shrimp ONLY with specific seasoning that I could have, lemon on the side instead of butter.. Obviously two bowls. Huge ones!

I had seen the ads for Crab Shack on many Princess ships, but never thought I would be able to enjoy this seafood feast.. For other Celiacs out there.. you can. (Hint: I could not have any shellfish because someone in food service told me that some suppliers of frozen clams and mussels, use a combination of wheat flour & others to clean the fresh shellfish before rinsing and packaging..so be careful)

I realize this is a little off subject, but important for a small group of readers..

We will be on the Coral in Feb traveling with a few friends. We are interested in the Crab Shack but will have one person in our group that cannot eat seafood (shrimp, crab etc.). She does not have a severe allergy but avoids it to be safe.

On the other hand her husband loves it. I though I had read elsewhere that it would be ok for a person to join you with food from the horizon. I'm sure if we explained the situation they would allow it.

Just curious if anyone else have any experience with this.

Thanks

Yes, this is true.. Because of my allergies.. I was told I could go to the Horizon Court and bring back anything I wanted..

We had the same experience and saw quite a few walk up only to be turned away.

Thanks! We will definitely make a reservation. Just don't want to make it on formal night so will have to figure that one out.

We ate in the Crab Shack on the Grand Princess just a few weeks ago.. They used a side aft of the Horizon Court.. the staff was excellent..as well as the food.. As a Celiac, I have very serious food allergies (gluten & dairy) and the kitchen was extremely accommodating .. They prepared me King Crab and shrimp ONLY with specific seasoning that I could have, lemon on the side instead of butter.. Obviously two bowls. Huge ones!

I had seen the ads for Crab Shack on many Princess ships, but never thought I would be able to enjoy this seafood feast.. For other Celiacs out there.. you can. (Hint: I could not have any shellfish because someone in food service told me that some suppliers of frozen clams and mussels, use a combination of wheat flour & others to clean the fresh shellfish before rinsing and packaging..so be careful)

I realize this is a little off subject, but important for a small group of readers..

Personally, I am not Coeliac, but appreciate the information so I may be able to help others in the future. It is something I personally never thought about, but thankful someone else did!

Happy Cruising to you!

Crochetcruise :cool:

Maybe you're thinking of the Pub Lunch? That's offered on sea days at, well, lunch. ;)

Does the Royal offer the same menu and times?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Crab Shack is offered on the Caribbean, Coral, Crown, Emerald, Golden, Grand, Island, Regal, Royal, Ruby and Star from 6:00 to 9:00 in the evening but not every day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

As well as the hours, since it was only 630-830pm on the Ruby recently.

We did the Crab Shack on the Grand but I didn't remember the hours. I was only going by the information on the Princess website. I should have known better ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app